Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:24:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big arse!

Started by opevans, March 23, 2004, 09:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opevans

In what episode of On The Hour does steve coogan play that guy who says "big arse! big arse in drainpipe hipsters!" I've downloaded all of series one and most of two and not found it.

Also, some of these shows cut off before the end - does anyone else get this?

Darrell

Quote from: "opevans"Also, some of these shows cut off before the end - does anyone else get this?

Stop using Windows Media Player, it's shit.

weekender

Quote from: "Darrell"Stop using Windows Media Player, it's shit.

Ooh, I wish there was an alternative that someone could suggest.

opevans

what should i use?

Darrell

Ambient Sheep

However the only time I ever tried to load Winamp on to my PC it brought it to its knees, and I was on the brink of having to reformat and reinstall my system (which I've never had to do before or since).  But then that might have been me, and it was over three years ago.  Lots of people do swear by it.

Darrell

Media Player can't handle VBR MP3s, which is like a fridge that can't handle milk.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "Darrell"Winamp. It is good and free.

http://www.winamp.com
Or better still, go here and get version 2.xx.  Later versions are bloatware to the extreme.  (I have v2.61 and have no complaints.)

Darrell

Oh yeah, I forgot they've just taken Winamp 2 offline.

Yeah, Winamp 2 is all you need.

opevans

Thanks, will check it out........

"In what episode of On The Hour does steve coogan play that guy who says "big arse! big arse in drainpipe hipsters!" I've downloaded all of series one and most of two and not found it."

Any idea on the above anyone?

Is it the same one as, "Three big arses on a bench"?

untitled_london

imho the best media player you are likey to find is Videolans VLC thingy

its written by 'DVD jon' (the guy who first released the first DVD hack and caused all the fuss).

anyway, its good, use it :D

neveragain

I believe it's either the first or second episode of Series Two. The one with the 1950s version of On The Hour anyway... Just checked! It's ep 2 and while I'm here I've got a query of my own. In which - oh, new paragraph

In which episode(s) does Monsignor Treeb-Lopez talk about (a) getting a rather suspect Swedish massage and (b) three chairs in this universe and therefore the possibility of The Holy Trinity in the next? This second one may not be in any episode because it was on SOTCAA as a little scrap of paper with another religious skit on it that was supposedly some notes from L&H before recording. But anyhoo, the massage one! THE MASSAGE ONE!!

The other bit on the paper was quite funny. Treeb's bits were always my favourite part of On The Hour for some reason:
A Muslim fellow came up to me the other day and said, 'If I live a good life and commit no sins, will I go to heaven also?' 'No, sayeth I, 'because you are a Muslim. And so you must sup from the very colon of Satan and lick his bladder for all eternity unless you come and join in on our side.'

kakamuffin

Quote from: "Darrell"
Quote from: "opevans"Also, some of these shows cut off before the end - does anyone else get this?

Stop using Windows Media Player, it's shit.

I really like Media Player.  

Bye.

Darrell

Media Player can't handle variable bitrate MP3s, and takes up huge amounts of memory that other programs don't. I prefer Winamp for audio and Realplayer for video.

Dirty Boy

QuoteIn which episode(s) does Monsignor Treeb-Lopez talk about (a) getting a rather suspect Swedish massage and (b) three chairs in this universe and therefore the possibility of The Holy Trinity in the next? This second one may not be in any episode because it was on SOTCAA as a little scrap of paper with another religious skit on it that was supposedly some notes from L&H before recording. But anyhoo, the massage one! THE MASSAGE ONE!!

The massage one was on the BBC tape and nowhere else i believe.Same as the card game one and the one about him slipping some form of narcotics in his wifes luggage.I'm almost certain they were never used in the shows themselves

Darrell

All of the tapes are transmitted material. You've just not heard all twelve shows, that's all.

Dirty Boy

Far be it for me to argue with an anorak, but i'm sure you're wrong actually and there was unreleased material on there.for a start that very first interview on the tape with morris talking to the guy about him being in a cell and having the pleasure to listen to the news "which you'd have nailed to your head yadayada" was never on any shows either

You just haven't listened to the shows properly, that's all

Darrell

Quote from: "Dirty Boy"Far be it for me to argue with an anorak, but i'm sure you're wrong actually and there was unreleased material on there.for a start that very first interview on the tape with morris talking to the guy about him being in a cell and having the pleasure to listen to the news "which you'd have nailed to your head yadayada" was never on any shows either

Nope, that was the pre-titles sequence to, if I remember correctly, 1.4. Also used as a trailer for the show I think.

There's no untransmitted material on the tapes, honestly.

Dirty Boy

Well the discs i have must be missing bits then.I thought these were the compilation ones that were first aired on radio 1 with new and unused material and then were released on tape in the exact same form.That's what i read somewhere anyway...

Darrell

Ah, it might be worth noting that there are two different edits of 1.4 and 1.5, the longer versions have about 5 mins extra in each one. Maybe this is where the confusion has arisen.

Also remember that the repeat versions of series 2 have a couple of minutes lopped out of each one.

Dirty Boy

Ah right, the ones in series one i have are 25 mins long i didn't know they added more stuff for the repeats...

neveragain

Ahh this helps me become less confused amazingly (poor I know sentence structure). The added bits in 1.4 include possibly the best religion-mockery ever seen in any comedy programme ever.
'... all the other evidence of evolution was put there by God to test true believer's faiths. Because he's God, and that's what Gods like to do.' ...or... 'Hey you, young person! What are you do-oing?'

neveragain

Quote from: "Darrell"1.4 and 1.5 - the longer versions have about 5 mins extra in each one. Also remember that the repeat versions of series 2 have a couple of minutes lopped out of each one.
Are you sure it was just 4 and 5 that were re-jiggered in series one?

Just to be conclusive, I'll mention that there were two versions of 1.6 (Chrimbo spesh). The original had a feature wrapping up the news of 1991 and the repeat - in 1992 - re-editied that bit accordingly, and there was some new material as well. Last dinosaur in Britain, Anthony Hopkins, that sort of thing...

I think the narcotics sermon appeared in 2.1 and the card game in whatever episode they complained of alternating frequencies and had the 'Get A Life' audio pullout. This is just by the by. Naughty double post.

Darrell

Quote from: "neveragain"Just to be conclusive, I'll mention that there were two versions of 1.6 (Chrimbo spesh). The original had a feature wrapping up the news of 1991 and the repeat - in 1992 - re-editied that bit accordingly, and there was some new material as well. Last dinosaur in Britain, Anthony Hopkins, that sort of thing...

Quite, though it isn't actually 1.6, it's a standalone special. Best to name MP3s as '1-x - Christmas Special' (or 1-xa and 1-xb for each alternate).