Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:06:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Would anyone like to play a (as yet undecided) monging game?

Started by Al Tha Funkee Homosapien, February 16, 2007, 11:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what?

Polish a turd
0 (0%)
Another game of your choosing (type any ideas when you sign up)
7 (77.8%)
Sentence game
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 16, 2007, 11:22:10 AM

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

mook

I'm in for a game, how about a Grid or a corpse again? We haven't done one of those in a while.Mind we might need someone with decent organising skills to run that. Anyone seen Tre about, she ran the last one as I recall.

Joy Nktonga

A touch of the Boings there, mook. Just to mention, so that everyone thinking about signing up for whatever game it becomes can do so with confidence, I shall neither partake or organise. After my shambles of a Jalopy I think that should be a given for all future "mong" games.

zozman

What's a corpse?  There was that snake one wasn't there?  That seemed pretty good.

mook

Quote from: "zozman"What's a corpse?  There was that snake one wasn't there?  That seemed pretty good.

That's the kiddie, I think we started from the centre and worked out from there to speed things up a bit. Seemed to work out quite well.

Yeah I think a corpse or a worm would be good. Anyway, If anyone's needed to help organise stuff I will volunteer - been meaning to do something for ages.

fanny splendid

sproggy

Fry

I'm always looking for a chance to practise, I'll join!

I'm keen even though my Photoshop ability involves just putting silly make-up on black and white photos.

I don't have a clue about snakes, corpses or worms but I'm sure I'll pick it up, bwana. My credo: add make-up.

swarfmonkey

Oh-fucking-yes.

Although, being a bit on the thick side, someone will have to explain the rules of the game very slowly for me.

Unless we're playing PaT or TSG

quadraspazzed

S'long as I can understand the rules then I'll more than likely play...

micanio

Koant

I'm in but I also need the rules to be explained if we play something other than polish a turd or sentence game.

Fry

See this site (is it Tre's?) for some examples of previous ones: http://vw-worms.tripod.com/.

They're Photoshop variants on the the Exquisite Corpse game played by Surrealists and kids. They would draw a picture, fold the paper over so that only a little bit is showing, and pass it on to the next person to continue the picture without seeing what the previous person had done. The worm is a horizontal version where you get to see the whole of the preceding person's picture, and the grid is a bigger more complicated version of the worm.

Fry

Quote from: "Cardinal Tit Storm"See this site (is it Tre's?) for some examples of previous ones: http://vw-worms.tripod.com/.

They're Photoshop variants on the the Exquisite Corpse game played by Surrealists and kids. They would draw a picture, fold the paper over so that only a little bit is showing, and pass it on to the next person to continue the picture without seeing what the previous person had done. The worm is a horizontal version where you get to see the whole of the preceding person's picture, and the grid is a bigger more complicated version of the worm.
lovely

Shit they look hard...I think i'm up for it.

Alright, I talked to Al, and I'm going to have a bash at coordinating a grid. It needs to be planned out, so I'll draw up a table in the next day or so and then we'll get started. If anyone else wants to play there's room for a few more. I count 13 players so far - 15 or 20 would be ideal, but it's easy enough to double up on any blank spaces if need be.

Koant

I look forward to it, even though it looks way beyond my abilities!
Quote from: "Explaining the worm,the tripod site"The next player must match their piece to this tile, so it continues to the left, without changing the original image.
They must also use either an image, idea or theme relating to the first tile in their tile, before passing it on to the next player.
Are we to do the same thing with our (up to 4) neighbours ? Or just making sure our picture stiches fine with the rest ?

mook

Quote from: "Koant"Are we to do the same thing with our (up to 4) neighbours ? Or just making sure our picture stiches fine with the rest ?

As far as I can remember, depending where your square on the grid is you either have to match to one or two other squares. It's fairly straight forward once it gets started, and unlike the worm or a corpse you have the whole of other players squares to work from rather than just a slither of 50 or so pixels.

Yeah, and on the subject of carrying over a theme, it's not strictly essential but it's probably a good idea. The grid works best when the whole thing doesn't end up looking like a patchwork quilt, so anything you can do to prevent that is a good thing (along with a seamless join of course). Think of the big picture. Also, if you desperately need a source image for something the adjacent person has used so you can continue it into your own picture, you can ask them for it. Maybe that would spoil the challenge though, I don't know.

I'll post up fuller instructions later, along with a diagram showing everyone's position on the grid. Might start a new thread for the sake of clarity, unless Al can edit the title of this one (doubt it).

Rubbish Monkey

I'll play.

I just had a look through the exquisite corpse thread and its just red X's and banter :(

mook

How many players have we got now? Can we make a start yet?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: "Cardinal Tit Storm"
Might start a new thread for the sake of clarity, unless Al can edit the title of this one (doubt it).

Nope.

quadraspazzed

Quote from: "mook"How many players have we got now? Can we make a start yet?
I think we've got 15 players now - plenty enough to get going. I'm off to start a new thread so see that for further details.

Quote from: "Joy Nktonga"Just to mention, so that everyone thinking about signing up for whatever game it becomes can do so with confidence, I shall neither partake or organise. After my shambles of a Jalopy I think that should be a given for all future "mong" games.
Don't feel you have to sit this out  - there's still room with you want to play.