Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,475
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

everyday household items bought from exotic locations

Started by ziggy starbucks, February 21, 2007, 01:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy starbucks

do you have an everyday household appliance or item that you bought in an interesting or far away place?

my nail scissors were bought from a pharmacy in Ascot, Berkshire.

Captain Crunch

No shit, I bought my Ascot from a pharmacist in Berkshire, £150 still works like a new 'un.

ziggy starbucks

I don't think you're taking this seriously Captain Crunch

I used to have a yellow plastic comb which I bought in Moscow in 1982.  I think I've lost it though.

mook

I've got a watch strap I bought in Birmingham, Alabama. The watch doesn't work mind, but the strap is fucking tip top.

Suttonpubcrawl

I've got some vaseline and some antibiotic ointment I bought in America.

quadraspazzed

I've got a bowl and a couple of scarves* that I bought in Palestine.

And an Amstrad deep fat fryer that was bought in Italy for, but not by, me.

* I'm such a hypocrite.

Famous Mortimer

I have noodles from Estonia, and some sachets of instant coffee. Oh, and a snake thing that goes round the back of your neck for added comfort.

Quote from: "sick as a pike"I used to have a yellow plastic comb which I bought in Moscow in 1982.  I think I've lost it though.
STOP PRESS:  It was in the bathroom cabinet!

Jack Shaftoe

I have Norwegian socks.

But a French belt!

And they go very well together SUCK ON THAT THE DAILY MAIL!!!

mook

I hope it doesn't have any Costa Brava sand in it. That'll make your winky very sore, so I'm told.

biniput

QuoteI used to have a yellow plastic comb which I bought in Moscow in 1982. I think I've lost it though.

Thats the quote for which this thread was invented.

Jack Shaftoe

Ooh, was the bathroom cabinet 'the last place you left it'? Because if not, someone should be informed.

Peking O

I've got a Swiss army knife that was bought in Switzerland by a friend, who passed it on to a friend of mine in London to give to me. My friend forgot all about it, but somehow managed to hold onto it for two years, during which she lived in three different flats. Fast forward to Christmas 2006, I was in London, she remembered the knife, and finally gave it to me. I sneaked it through customs and brought it to my apartment in Brooklyn, New York.

I was looking for it yesterday. I seem to have lost it.

AMG

Plasters from Vietnam, with the unique selling point of white adhesive that remains on your fingers for days after the fabric section has departed.

rudi

I've got a wife I bought in Thailand.

She doesn't work any more though.

actwithoutwords

Quote from: "rudi"I've got a wife I bought in Thailand.

She doesn't work any more though.

Bloody unions.