Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where have I got this from ?

Started by scrofula, March 23, 2004, 11:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrofula

Hello - help me.
I once had a tape with a excerpt from a show that I thought was on the hour. However, I cannot trace where it has come from.

In the excerpt there is a bit about a bording school with a latin song at the beginning which goes " Presentium, presentium....... eeump eeump eeeump"
A boy is getting bullied and getting "varnied and throppled" so a french whore is called in.

There is also a bit from Alan partridge about the disabled olympics.

Where is this from ??

scrofula

Fuck me - I should have previewed that - spelling mistakes abound !

Darrell

Purple Tentacle

It IS On the Hour.

I remember that sketch.

Or we had the same weird dream.

A thought: Why don't we have full episode guides for On the Hour, then such things could be found easily?

How about a few on us with a bit of time to waste do a couple of episodes each, and it could be complete in no time.

Bilko

Quote from: "scrofula"Hello - help me.
I once had a tape with a excerpt from a show that I thought was on the hour. However, I cannot trace where it has come from.

In the excerpt there is a bit about a bording school with a latin song at the beginning which goes " Presentium, presentium....... eeump eeump eeeump"
A boy is getting bullied and getting "varnied and throppled" so a french whore is called in.

There is also a bit from Alan partridge about the disabled olympics.

Where is this from ??

Your right to think it's from OTH. The Boarding School and the Olympics (it isn't the disabled Olympics just the normal able bodied Olympics) are from series 2 episode 5 of On The Hour. There isn't a Hi-Quality download for it on this site because the useless BBC haven't broadcasted that episode on BBC7 because they say the master tapes are missing, bollocks. Although on Soulseek in the CaB room several verbwhores share a slightly poorer quality edition of the episode compared to the other BBC7 shows.

Quotethought: Why don't we have full episode guides for On the Hour, then such things could be found easily?

How about a few on us with a bit of time to waste do a couple of episodes each, and it could be complete in no time.
Such a thing already exists here http://chilled.cream.org/forums/onthehour.php

Quote from: "Peter Hammill"
Quotethought: Why don't we have full episode guides for On the Hour, then such things could be found easily?

Such a thing already exists here http://chilled.cream.org/forums/onthehour.php
This was the first place I looked to seek an answer to scrofula's question, but the episode details there are just descriptions, as for the Radio 1 music shows, rather than lists of sketches, as provided for Blue Jam.

What I was thinking was something like this:
QuoteSeries 2, Episode 6

Introduction – Live out on the street.
Titles
Headlines - These facts are ear-shaped
Drama from the BBC Breakdown Unit – 'Thanks George' [1]
Entering Broadcasting House – "I'm bursting with news, if you stop me I'll explode"
Drama from the BBC Breakdown Unit – 'Thanks George' [2]
Barbara Wintergreen – JFK Reenactment
Link – background noise
Thought for the day – Breakfast
Customer Services – Reporting on Radio 1's Newsbanger
Space
Alan Partridge – Linford Christie
News from the 1960s
Just a Minute – Prince Edward
Roads news
"Welcome to Permanews"
How the news is put together
Closing Music – "if it doesn't like news I'm going to shove it straight back in"
Credits
Bluebottles

(To complement, rather than replace, the current guides.)

TJ

We've already done some; we just haven't got round to putting them online!