Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

6000 members

Started by hoverdonkey, February 23, 2007, 03:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoverdonkey

That's nice isn't it? We could fill a small town. Bagsy the house on the hill.

Analrapist

But there's probably loads of split personality weirdos with multiple accounts.

I'm emigrating right away.

Lady Beaner

6000? Come out, come out wherever you are! We don't bite.

You lurking bastards.

the midnight watch baboon

Shop would sell lots of Guardians.

Mark Lawson

Quote from: "Analrapist"But there's probably loads of split personality weirdos with multiple accounts.

I think anyone who posts using multiple accounts should be ashamed of themselves, and vilified and rejected by the community at large. I, for one, will not stand for such debased behaviour, and I'm sure you'll agree with me on this.

hoverdonkey

I'm imagining what WhoreTown would be like now. No point opening up a DVD rental shop - every bugger's downloading. Would there be any plumbers or electricians? Oh, and the irony of there not being any broadband access.

Analrapist

I'd definitely suggest investing in goatee trimmers and elasticated waistbands down at the local stock exchange.

Musicoutoftrousers

Quote from: "the midnight watch baboon"Shop would sell lots of Guardians.

Our local comedy club would have a tough crowd.

A really tough crowd. A harvesting Josie Long's vital organs for Amazon gift certificates crowd.

As this membership milestone is achieved, I think we should take a look at how many people have passed certain posting milestones. Here is a pie chart:

As you can see, it shows the number of posts all members have made, broken down into various segments. As has been the case for some time now, the majority of members have made no posts at all. A statistic which usually shocks people who are ignorant of these matters is exactly how many members never make more than a handful of posts; currently, nearly 78% of members here have made a mere nine posts or fewer. Alas, the number of members to breach the 10,000 posts mark is too tiny to even be visible at this scale. I can only wonder how lonely it is up there at the top. I have of course provided a complete accurate breakdown in the table below (correct at the time of the 6000th member joining), so there is no ambiguity in my work.

I am also having to keep a close eye on a growing number of members:

http://chilled.cream.org/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5666

http://chilled.cream.org/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5667

http://chilled.cream.org/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5746

http://chilled.cream.org/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5992

http://chilled.cream.org/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6014

Mr. Analytical

So the people who sign up but don't post are nazis?

Bit strong isn't it?

the midnight watch baboon

I was born in Munich so cheerfully admit to being a Nazi.

Analrapist

Quote from: "Musicoutoftrousers"
Quote from: "the midnight watch baboon"Shop would sell lots of Guardians.

Our local comedy club would have a tough crowd.

A really tough crowd. A harvesting Josie Long's vital organs for Amazon gift certificates crowd.

The club would also be the size of Brixton Academy.

biniput

Whoretown

Adult spin off of lazy town.  Postacus has to save the day again with a 3000 post rant on religion against the evil (insert name of CaB member here).

Go With The Flow

Is there no way all those users can be purged? Seems a bit of a waste them being there. I know phpBB only seems to let you delete them one-by-one, but surely some person has created an add-on specifically for this purpose?

swarfmonkey

Lots of Pissy-smelling letterboxes.

Musicoutoftrousers

Quote from: "cool_penguin_0"Is there no way all those users can be purged? Seems a bit of a waste them being there. I know phpBB only seems to let you delete them one-by-one, but surely some person has created an add-on specifically for this purpose?

A lot of them probably just like to look at GD and SE without wanting to contribue, though. It would be fair enough to purge them if the database needed to be trimmed and all forums were publically viewable, but there's nowt wrong with lurking, is there?

Peking O

Nah, fuck 'em. Delete! Delete! Post or die!

Vaguely Phallic

It would be discriminatory; the "lurkers"  might not physically be able to type. They'd join a forum union and sue. You don't ban poor people from browsing in Harrods, which has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I wished to type it, thus probably proving a point about freedom.

Go With The Flow

A lot of them probably just like to look at GD and SE without wanting to contribue, though. It would be fair enough to purge them if the database needed to be trimmed and all forums were publically viewable, but there's nowt wrong with lurking, is there?

Maybe send a PM requesting that any lurkers still active would post anything in a certain topic just so they had one post then, say, two months later doing a purge? There would certainly be only a very tiny percentage of the non-posters who still view the forums.

Musicoutoftrousers

Quote from: "cool_penguin_0"

Maybe send a PM requesting that any lurkers still active would post anything in a certain topic just so they had one post then, say, two months later doing a purge? There would certainly be only a very tiny percentage of the non-posters who still view the forums.

I suppose that's fair enough, if the database needed it.

Peking O

How about we all post up our passwords, everyone goes crazy by logging in as other posters, then after a day or two of utter chaos we all alter our passwords so everything will return to normal?

Vaguely Phallic

But then anyone could change your password and you'd lose part of your carefully-crafted online identity forever! Also you shouldn't make people post to keep their accounts, that's bizarre, they'd just forget it or post utter shit. Does it cost anything to add a member? I doubt it.

Peking O

Gah! Curse you and your perfectly reasonable arguments, Vaguely Phallic.

Oh but think of the fun we could have had as "Emergency Lalla Ward 10" posted a slew of pro-Gervais threads and "Pinball" morphed into a pro-Bush cheerleader with a talent for playing the Star-Spangled Banner on a rusty old trumpet.

That's 10 times more than SASS / BUTTES.

Toad in the Hole

Quote from: "Vaguely Phallic"But then anyone could change your password and you'd lose part of your carefully-crafted online identity forever! Also you shouldn't make people post to keep their accounts, that's bizarre, they'd just forget it or post utter shit. Does it cost anything to add a member? I doubt it.

I think Utter Shit would have something to say about that.

Can I marry the Search Nazi?

PAGATRON

Quote from: "SteveLampkins"That's 10 times more than SASS / BUTTES.

hmmmmm....    Sassy butts.

Alright carry on.