Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question of the day

Started by Banana Woofwoof, February 24, 2007, 11:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
My semi-delirious from a migrane boyfriend just sat up in  bed and asked,

"Are there any stripey dogs?"

There's stripey cats and spotty cats and spotty dogs but are there any stripey dogs?

mook

Sort of, I think the marking is called brindle, you see it on Staffs and Boxer dogs.

EDIT, this is about the best picture I can find.

Mister Cairo

What is that in the bottom-right hand corner? It looks like a doll's arm. I suppose the dog could have it as a plaything.

gazzyk1ns

Two of someone's toes in a flip-flop, isn't it?

Mister Cairo

Ah! For some reason I didn't notice the toenails.

actwithoutwords

Maybe Neil wouldn't want this to turn into another "Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask" thread. But, was just wondering today if taking newspapers left outside a shop at the end of a say is stealing? Are they just left out for recycling, or is it as proof that the papers weren't sold?
I fill my boots with the sunday papers from outside marks and spencers every week, tis great.

Beagle 2

They get money for the returns don't they? I know my parents did when they ran a newsagents, but this was in the mid 70's.

actwithoutwords

Yeah I know. I'm just wondering what they get the money for exactly. In Ireland at least, I think all they have to send back is the masthead to get refunded. So not sure if the situation here is more advanced (ie they just have to scan a barcode at the end of each day) or less so (they have to send the entire paper).

extradave

captain Grimes

you return everything you have left unsold. Or in my case collect every thing that has been unsold and then left. At the pick up point.(ex-newpaper delivery driver)(If you have the need for any ex-newpapers to be picked up forget about it.)

Marv Orange

Do Hyenas count?

As i've helped your bf with a question can you ask him from me why are they no big dogs, cats have lions and tigers so considering the dog family contains the most variations within one spieces why arent there any big wild dogs?

the midnight watch baboon

I thought that bears were part of the dog family, but this Wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear

differs slightly from my brain's view. They were maybe evolved from an ancient dog (insert joke) it would seem.

Actually, as the link says, bears' closest relatives are sealions and the like. Sciencey people are always telling us things like that- bears, sealions=same family, horses and rhinos too.. sometimes I think they're taking the piss, trying to get the public to nod solemnly, 'ahh yes, gerbils evolved from sharks. Of course'.