Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,311
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:03:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the most inappropriate thing you've laughed at?

Started by Neville Chamberlain, February 26, 2007, 09:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go With The Flow

Quote from: "weekender"especially as it turns out I've got AIDS.

Good AIDS or bad AIDS?

Lady Beaner

weekender

Well it's not bad AIDS, is it?  I'm not gay for fuck's sake.

I haven't actually got AIDS.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

rudi

Quote from: "weekender"Well it's not bad AIDS, is it?  I'm not gay for fuck's sake.

I haven't actually got AIDS.

How do you know? You didn't even know you had pretend AIDS until today.

Your next blood test might turn out to be gay.

thugler

Watching the news one day, there was a video up of some black guy with a massive plaster on his face, to which I said 'nelly's taking it a bit far isn't he'. Moments later the camera zoomed out a bit, to show that the bloke had no arms and one leg, and was completely covered in bandages and generally in a pretty bad way. I felt bad for a moment, then cracked up.

Mr. Analytical

I actually giggled when my mother told me my sister had had a stroke for fairly predictable reasons.

I also remember going to see Lars von Trier's The Idiots with a mate and absolutely pissing ourselves laughing at the first half.  I mean properly, I couldn't breathe at one point and had to leave the cinema.  so not only was I laughing at spastics I was laughing during a film where we were supposed to be thinking about whether it's right to laugh at spastics.  The word "Touche!" springs to mind, though we must have looked like such a pair of complete bastards.

I only ever watch the first half of that movie, then turn it off as I catch my breath. The first time I saw it I laughed so so hard when they let the young fella drive the minibus that my girlfriend came running terrified I was being eaten by scorpions or equivalent terror.

Cambrian Times

I tried so hard not to, but I laughed at that Keith Allen thing with the Tourettes people. I ended up having to slap myself to stop.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I laughed when I saw one of the Twin Towers collapsing. I'm trying to tell myself it was a laugh out of sheer amazement at the world being turned upside down rather than a 'Hah, take that  America' thing.

Murdo

I laughed when I saw a wedding car containing a bride and groom on their big day, broken down at the side of the road. It was miles away from anywhere as well, and it was raining.

poloniusmonk

Quote from: "lardboy"Watching United 93 and wondering aloud "When are these fucking snakes going to turn up then?" was met with appropriate disdain by my then flatmate, but I think it was my giggling for 5 minutes that really annoyed him.

That has made me laugh now, perhaps too much.

Morrisfan82

On a similar 9/11 tip, I admit I burst out laughing at an eyewitness report from some dust-covered bloke shortly after one of the towers collapsed. He said something like

"... Then there was this loud noise and suddenly it was dark, it was dark like snow."

(pause)

(points at dust on clothes)

"This isn't snow, this is from the building."

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"I laughed when I saw one of the Twin Towers collapsing. I'm trying to tell myself it was a laugh out of sheer amazement at the world being turned upside down rather than a 'Hah, take that  America' thing.

I did too, but I know for a fact it was in a "HOLY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!! NEVER IN A MILLION BLOODY YEARS DID I THINK I'D EVER SEE SOMETHING AS MINDBLOWINGLY SPECTACULAR AND SO UTTERLY FUCKING APPALLING AS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I feel a bit stupid now that I know it was just some remote-controlled holograms what did it.

mothman

Heh, remote-controlled holograms brought down the WTC. There's a Star Trek EMH joke in there somewhere. . .

Cupid Stunt

Quote from: "weekender"I suppose in the circumstances the laughter was probably inappropriate, especially as it turns out I've got AIDS.

Oh god, that reminds me.

About 18 months ago, when my GP first suspected cancer*, he examined me to see if he could find any other lumps anywhere, and had to thoroughly examine my armpits.  And I got the squirming giggles.  Seriously, properly giggling and everything, like a little kid.  I tried so hard to suppress it, but of course the harder I tried, the worse it got.  He did a masterful job of keeping the disdain from his face, I have to say.  I've just cracked up at work remembering that.

*I got better...

Blumf

Quote from: "mothman"Heh, remote-controlled holograms brought down the WTC. There's a Star Trek EMH joke in there somewhere. . .

"Please state the nature of the jihad."

SOTS

Occasionally, at documentaries we have to watch in school.

The first one was about a family what were so poor that the dad of the family had built all the family beds out of old kitchen cabinets.

It turns out that one of the daughter's birthday was coming up and the only present she wanted was a robot dog. At the time, these only retailed at a maximum of 15 quid at their highest, and there were definately variations you could get for under a tenner. When it came to the birthday, it turns out mum hadn't been able to afford a robot dog, and instead they had bought, as her main present, a pack of five pairs of knickers, each pair a different colour. And the girl went "Aw, thanks mum!"

I just couldn't repress a laugh. It shouldn't be funny but it just was.

And another where a bloke with a certain lung problem that caused him to cough up phlegm a lot, had a jar beside his chair in the living room where he collected all of it.

This was so bad that I got to the point where I was shaking trying not to laugh out loud in the class. And my friend noticed me and started laughing as well and it just got worse and worse.

El Unicornio, mang

A PSA commercial from a few years ago which showed a load of special needs kids in wheelchairs spinning around at this really dingy looking night club with some really cheesy euro dance crap playing over the top of it.

Mr Wrong

I don't suppose anyone would class laughing at that Steve Irwin's funeral as inappropriate? What as absolute hoot that was. A bad taste orgasmathon.

Fry

There was a big assembly in school, talking about a little child who has had some sort of disease and as such needed a special wheelchair as a result, and soem kid was asking for sponsership to have a full body wax to raise money for this, I whispered to my friend:

"How much do you have to give?"
"Quite alot i reckon, I think this kid has it rough"
"Well, i don't want to donate too much, it'll be a waste if he dies"

My friend looked at me with abject horror, and we both started giggling because of the complete inappropriateness of this joke, and it was hard to stifle near the end.

I had to donate the most, just to sooth my conscience

Cack Hen

I also burst out laughing the very first time I saw the WTC collapse. For the life of me I have absolutely no idea why I did that, and within minutes of laughing I realised how gravely serious it all was. I suppose I just didn't immediately make the connection that lots of people would be inside, it looked more like a controlled explosion and I think I probably imagined some Basil Fawlty character stood at the bottom having a fit because it was all going wrong.

I really don't understand how my brain works.

There was a piece on local news the other night about self-harmers, people who slice their arms open etc - it kept referring to them as 'peope who slash themselves'.

non capisco

Another one I remembered today - I had a university lecturer who sounded uncannily like Henry's Cat. He was also the the inviligator in one of my final exams and just after it started he let out what can only be described as a kind of deadpan yawn, which really was the most Henry's Cat-like noise that ever originated outside of Bob Godfrey's mouth. "Aoooooooooowwwwwwww".

I was trying to hold in my giggling as much as I could whilst trying to concentrate on writing something about the social changes brought to the USSR by collectivisation, then to make matters worse he started moving tgowards me up the 'aisle' between desks and I began to imagine he'd let out another impromptu 'aaaaaaaaoooooowwwww' at any moment, or worse notice me smirking and quietly ask if anything was the matter in his stupid Henry's Cat voice. This potentialtity led me to be almost blood-red with suppressed laughter, but it was twinned with the unpleasant realisation that time was running out by the second and I was fucking up my degree just because at 20 years old I was childish enough to be overly amused by a man who sounded like an also-ran cartoon character.

rudi

Whaqt Uni did you attend?

Only I had one who was unCANNILY like Henry's cat?

non capisco

Brunel University, the now defunct Twickenham campus.

The guy's name was Mike Wayne. Apologies if you ARE Mike Wayne and you're reading this.

rudi

Wrong name, wrong Uni.

Actually, no.

I was at the wrong Uni and he was the wrong lecturer.