Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[MUSO] Click Tracks

Started by peterperv, March 24, 2004, 12:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterperv

I've got a problem - I'm composing a shit load of songs on the guitar at the minute, but I have no sense of rhythm. So, being a clever person I decided to go onto Cubase and make a CD of click tracks - from 70-140BPM at 5BPM intervals, in 3/4, 4/4 and 6/8.

So, I happily loaded up Cubase onto my pooter, and tried to execute it.

It practically blew my computer up. In technical terms - it was close to being comopletely fucked over.

Can anyone help me with this matter? Either direct me to a site with mp3's of click tracks or make me one on Cubase, and send me a CD of it? I'll pay for t, obviously. I'd just need about 30" of each click track, so I can loop it.

If you can help me, PM me and I'll kiss you. Well, maybe not that, but I'll be chuffed.

Borboski

This is my exact same problem. I have downloaded some freeware called algorythym that runs basic drum loops. Click the boxes, record on Soundforge for a few minutes, etc... You can also use the number pad as a drum board - works ok ish and sounds ok ish.

I don't know if there's a better way of doing it. - but it's an easy way to get a metronome, which sounds like what you basically need.

You can find it at:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/top20/

There are some other useful bits and pieces here.

Gazeuse

I can't see what the problem with your puter was.

Cubase has a very flexible metronome function which lets you choose what notes are triggered at the beginning and the rest of the bar.

I think that the easiest thing for you to get would be a metronome (You can pick these up from about £10-£15 I think) or something like a Korg Pandora which gas a primitive but effective  drum machine built in. This also has the advantage that you could also plug your guitar in (If its electric) and play along in glorious stereo.