Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Amusing Names

Started by Milo, February 26, 2007, 09:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccbaxter

He got plenty of wider coverage over the years for his silly, silly name, but when living in Brighton any mention of the former councillor Nimrod Ping amused me greatly. Crazy name, cr--- actually really rather decent and nice guy. Now dead, sadly. His brother Peter, I think, still survives.

I was once browsing the Croydon electoral roll for something or someone or other, and saw the name Luke Skywalker - I wasn't sure whether it was a real name, a name changed by deed poll, or simply an insertion by a bored council worker.

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 04, 2007, 06:55:28 PM
Two house moves ago, my then-next-door-neighbour's daughter went to school with a Jenna Taylor.  Her life was indeed made a misery.  :-S

Jenna Taylor's, that is, not my then-next-door-neighbour's daughter.

There was a Jenny Taylor in our year at school; oddly enough, I don't really recall anyone making jokes about her name. Possibly more to do with the fact that her brother was a nutter, but still.

Spoke on the phone today with one Jonny Rath.

Yes we have sexy fomatting, and I'm damn well going to use it.

NoSleep

I never met her, but I had deal with some paperwork concerning Desiree Veryard.

Rumpelwilskin

Deaunteze Bobo. The name's real. Apparently so is his drive-by victim.

http://www.startribune.com/crime/story/1225284.html

duckorange

Quote from: ccbaxter on June 04, 2007, 07:07:17 PM
I was once browsing the Croydon electoral roll for something or someone or other, and saw the name Luke Skywalker - I wasn't sure whether it was a real name, a name changed by deed poll, or simply an insertion by a bored council worker.

Judging by the number of James Bonds on the books when I worked at the dole office, I should imagine that it's an ill-advised deed poll.

Pretty.Polly

Quote from: Deadman97 on February 27, 2007, 07:45:22 AM
I once met a Melody Bobo.

The woman gets around!  I've stayed at her flat!

During my days as a customer service advisor *grimaces* I had to call a Mr Meana, which I found highly amusing.

I also worked with a teacher called Miss K Fiddler  (unfortunate yet true!)

Pretty.Polly

ooo ooo I also knew a teacher called Romely Scragg!  (I know a lot of teachers)

Seriously though, who would become a secondary school teacher with a name like that?  Like kids need any excuse to destroy their teachers!

TotalNightmare

Quote from: Deadman97 on February 27, 2007, 07:45:22 AM
I once met a Melody Bobo.

Christ its a small world...

Depressing so!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Jeff Katz was on Newsnight the other day.

leelo

My office used to get calls from someone in telesales called Jonathan Woss

ccbaxter

It's good, but I still prefer the American basketball player who came over here to play for the Brighton team - Randy Duck.

Bingo Fury

In the course of my work, I used to have to phone somebody called Sylvain Anus, but you had to know before you were allowed to call him that it was pronounced "ar-noose".

And Gay Search is amusing, but wasn't the former director of the Edinburgh Filmhouse called Gay Cox? Even better.

Baxter

Quote from: duckorange on June 06, 2007, 03:37:40 PM
Judging by the number of James Bonds on the books when I worked at the dole office, I should imagine that it's an ill-advised deed poll.

Yes I found that too, it's strange how many Darth Vaders, Freddie Murcuries and Anakin Skywalkers are unemployed.

Having said that during training I did create a file for a Mr Patrick Bateman where none existed previously so there's an opportunity there.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Bingo Fury on June 10, 2007, 01:18:37 PM
In the course of my work, I used to have to phone somebody called Sylvain Anus, but you had to know before you were allowed to call him that it was pronounced "ar-noose".

And Gay Search is amusing, but wasn't the former director of the Edinburgh Filmhouse called Gay Cox? Even better.

Gaylord is, amazingly, still used in the US as a first name

Glebe

I new somebody at school called I Am A Giant Cock. I felt really sorry for her!

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Glebe on June 10, 2007, 05:46:45 PM
I new somebody at school called I Am A Giant Cock. I felt really sorry for her!

Yeah, surely that's a boys name!

Pinball

There is one Mr Wanke in the UK. Naturally, he's unmarried.

Famous Mortimer

When I was doing electioneering a few months back, the roll had a C. Annibal and a Jack Frost on it.

non capisco

Have we done this one? Apologies if so, haven't checked back.

There's a reserve player for the German football team Hertha Berlin named, yes, Kiddy Fiedler.

Proof :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hertha_Berlin

buttgammon

Custard

My Grandad is called Frank Franklin.

Still makes me giggle.

Shane G

I met someone the other day named (and I'm not making this up) Wayne King.

actwithoutwords

I've just sent a letter to a Mr. Wesley Menlove.

greencalx

Small Man Big Horse

Someone I know has just named their first child Emily Dorris Norris. His wife had to fight for Dorris not to be her first name too.