Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:15:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This Forum

Started by Neil, February 26, 2007, 10:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Thoughts etc?  I think it's getting quite good now.  Originally I'd planned to just keep it around for a week or two, and then remove it and bung all the threads into GD, and hope that people took the cue from there.  However now, I dunno, I think it could stick around.  The thing about GD is it's always been about trying to strike a balance, and the balance just isn't there before (and I certainly can't be fucked making it balance after all that recent hoohah)...one of the reasons for that, I think, is that the (fucking) perma-threads tend to crowd out a lot of frippery.

Also, better name?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Deadman97

El Unicornio, mang

Talk Talk

Which might prompt an injunction from the popular 80s band of the same name possibly

EFB

Derek Trucks

The Shight Stuff (moderated of course by the permasmug Matthew Shight)

weekender

Epitome Nihilum, which is a sort of literal Latin translation for "A summary of nothing".  I was trying to find the Latin for "Notes about nothing" as a bit of a Seinfeld reference, but couldn't find anything immediately.

Brutus Beefcake

General Whimsy: the Josie Long forum.

Pythov

Fleeting Verbage
Out with it
Here be Dragons!
Primus Nodule

Hey, whatever name grabs you neil, just keep GD Lite afloat please.

ffogems

Velleity Village

A 'velliety' is an ambition or inclination that is too nebulous to ever be realized. This would fit perfectly with the tone of this forum as it has quickly become a  dumping place for the kind of trivial cum-fodder folderol and bizarre algebraic polls that no-one would dare post on the floor above.

However, I do think this section at the moment is a little too stately. Perhaps it's the title 'GD Lite' that makes it sound like a place for watered-down bus stop discourse, rather than somewhere that should, if it is to be the anti-GD, be packed full of balloons, childish games and cleavages.

Oh, and standing next to the title on the forum index, could you put a little image of a clown beckoning us in with open arms?

Thanks.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

quadraspazzed

"Loads of women talking blabbering crap"

Or just Blabbering Crap.

As to my humble opinion on this forum, I like it. I really like it. *swoons*

Bring back General Bullshit.

Neil

I should really, shouldn't I?  It was stolen, see, but it would sit nice as an accompaniment with General Discussion.  Salt and pepper, GD and GB.  I really enjoyed this threaqd in particular today, and there are some other good uns about.  Yeah, let it continue I guess.

Toss Pot: as in, you've got the hint of an idea so just 'toss' it in the 'pot'.

Or, change GD to Jam and GD Lite to Jaaaaaaaaaaam (worst idea ever!)

Now that there are 6 sub-fora, how about renaming them as per the episodes of The Young Ones series one (no, this is the worst idea ever...)

How about Box Of Slice?

Here's one for you, I'm surprised people have never referred to the Verbwhores collective as The Blue Meanies, that'd be quite funny I think, for them. (If you use letssplit, go twat yourself up the crap, you whopping chod)

Hey, look who this is, it's another name for GDLite: Diet General Discussion and GD could be revamped as Classic General Discussion. Wow, this is what brainstorming must feel like for retards.

Starbucks

Mr Wrong

Schofield's Batty House.

lardboy

Quote from: "ffogems"Oh, and standing next to the title on the forum index, could you put a little image of a clown beckoning us in with open arms?
Yeah, that'd be lovely.
Spoiler alert
[close]

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: "Derek Trucks"The Shight Stuff (moderated of course by the permasmug Matthew Shight)
This one gets my vote. Not that I have one.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

"Have you ever nooooticed?"

cleverjake

Quote from: "Neil"a lot of frippery.

I like that as a name.

Lady Beaner

Quote from: "Mr Wrong"Schofield's Batty House.

I won't have anyone bringing shame upon the Schofield name! Go and stand in the corner.

surreal

Things that make you go 'hmmmm'

Toad in the Hole

So, what do people think of the name change...?

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: "afrayn"So, what do people think of the name change...?
I like Keep It Light better. 'General Bullshit' is too aggressive. From what Neil and BWW said, I take it it's been used before, but who stole it?

Toad in the Hole

Surely it's to be used as a companion piece... General Discussion > General Bullshit...?