Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:58:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Post Count

Started by chocky909, February 28, 2007, 02:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocky909

It's been a while I know but, what happened to the post count displayed under each members' name? Or have I done something to my settings? It's a bit weird now, I used to respect members who'd posted a lot but apart from a few regulars I have no idea who's been here for how long.

I tried searching but I can't find any reference to it.

Marvin

They were removed after recent incidents to get rid of the snobbery and politics over big and small post counts. If you want to see someone's post count you can still click on their profile and find it in there, but generally it's nicer this way.

Why did you use to respect people who'd posted a lot?

That doesn't make any sense at all.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "chocky909"I used to respect members who'd posted a lot
That's why it was removed.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: "JesusAndYourBush"
Quote from: "chocky909"I used to respect members who'd posted a lot
That's why it was removed.

i did exactly the opposite, unless I recognised their name as generally being someone clever/funny

chocky909

Quote from: "The Boston Crab (Total posts: 1868)"Why did you use to respect people who'd posted a lot?

Maybe 'respect' was the wrong word. But I used to be very aware that they were heavily established and that other members would possibly give their opinions more respect.

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"Why did you use to respect people who'd posted a lot?

Nah - some people who post a lot still talk a load of pish.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ah yes, Post Count, the Search Nazi's antiquated predeccessor.

biniput

The snobbery over post counts was a sobering reminder to anyone here who thought this was the perfect forum.  Basically it was about the only thing that grated about the place. It is a thing that can ruin almost any forum and i am surprised that any forum uses it.  Now the post count  AND  certain forumers have dissapeared it has become a better place in a way that i never thought it could.

the midnight watch baboon

I liked the post count as I like statistics, and never thought or noticed any personal prejudice on my part at the number of posts others' had made.

Apart from those with 10,000+ posts who obviously need Clomipramine.

1868 posts, I don't know whether to be paranoid that you're taking the piss out of me.

Is trotsky assortment taking the piss out of me?

I'll punch you all in the reduced tits you fucking self-harming cunts!

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"Ah yes, Post Count, the Search Nazi's antiquated predeccessor.

(picture)

I just spat hot tea all over my Filipino slaveboy laughing at that!

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"Is trotsky assortment taking the piss out of me?

Nah. You're okay as far as crustacians go.

MojoJojo

I seem to remember that it was more the inverse snobbery about post counts that caused them to be got rid of. People saying certain posters were only listened to because they had a high post count.

Whatever, post counts were only ever a distraction used by twats to hide their twattishness.

actwithoutwords

Quote from: "The Boston Crab"
I'll punch you all in the reduced tits you fucking self-harming cunts!

IN-JOKE! CLIQUE BOARD!

But yes, to actually add something to the thread, to be honest, I don't think I ever noticed any direct snobbery to people with low-post counts. Just the implicit criticism from the fact that a number of older posters clearly felt that CaB were better in t'old days.

extradave

I think I post more now cos I don't expect people to take as much notice of me cos I've only posted four or five times.

Marv Orange

From now on i'm only going to pay attention with people who have my post code in their location, the rest of you are fuckwits.

actwithoutwords

Quote from: "Marv Orange"From now on i'm only going to pay attention with people who have my post code in their location, the rest of you are fuckwits.

That seems to be working for sick as a pike and ETT. Bastards.