Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:26:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is it possible to injure your lungs by trying to sing too loudly?

Started by Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, February 28, 2007, 10:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Genuine question.

My lungs (and back, in that area) have felt rather odd since a particularly robust session on Singstar at the weekend. Is it caused by the singing, or have I got cancer or something?

mothman

Given the sporadic nature of my exercise regimen, many times I've fely my lungs/chest hurting after they've been breathing hard. I'd say it's possible.

Quote from: "mothman"Given the sporadic nature of my exercise regimen, many times I've fely my lungs/chest hurting after they've been breathing hard. I'd say it's possible.

4 days afterwards!?

butnut

I wonder if the back injury is related to the lung one? Perhaps a trip to your local osteopath will reveal all.

Quote from: "butnut"I wonder if the back injury is related to the lung one? Perhaps a trip to your local osteopath will reveal all.

I have a doctor's appointment booked for this very afternoon!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

You can damage your vocal chords by singing inexpertly and too loudly but not your lungs.

Captain Crunch

You can pull your intercostal muscles quite easily, that tends to put pressure on the lungs.

the midnight watch baboon

Yup! I won't really, I just like crap threats. I injured my intercostal recently whilst throwing a stick for the dog. It was bad.

swarfmonkey

Another canine related injury?

Do you not  think it's time time for Dave to be introduced to Mr. Sack, Mr. Bricks and Mr. Canal.

Ha, no, his nefarious lifestyle eventually caught up with him when he ate an entire bag of horse feed at Mrs Baboon's stables. He ended up looking like a doggy beanbag with his enormous, ventricose belly, virtually unable to move for a few days apart from occasional trips outside to deposit vast piles of shite worthy of the St Bernard that waddles past our house every day.

I considered getting him a doggy Muu-Muu complete with soft felt hat.

ccab

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"Genuine question.

My lungs (and back, in that area) have felt rather odd since a particularly robust session on Singstar at the weekend. Is it caused by the singing, or have I got cancer or something?

It's more likely the singing revealed a dormant problem with your lower pleurae and has triggered a catastrophic deterioration into aggressive streptopneumonia with a complication in the form of plumonirrhosis. You're at particular risk if you hit A minor and if you're a falsetto the risk increases 2% for every note sung.

Quote from: "ccab"
Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"Genuine question.

It's more likely the singing revealed a dormant problem with your lower pleurae and has triggered a catastrophic deterioration into aggressive streptopneumonia with a complication in the form of plumonirrhosis. You're at particular risk if you hit A minor and if you're a falsetto the risk increases 2% for every note sung.

Oh shit, I'm screwed. A minor is my favourite.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteA minor is my favourite

I'd keep that to yourself really.

I just spat hot tea all over my Filipino slaveboy laughing at that!