Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:37:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nice things

Started by gloria, February 28, 2007, 02:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gloria

Fuck me, that Distressing Moments thread is cold shit, man.  By way of balance, here are some nice things:

• Lying on warm grass staring up at the sky and trying to identify the constellations

• Settling down to an episode of the X Files with a big glass of red wine and a packet of Milky Way Magic Stars

• Feeling irritated when your train stops for no discernable reason thirty metres from the station but then looking out of the window and seeing a little rabbit hopping along the sidings

• When bus drivers wave to one another as they pass

• Unexpectedly meeting George Melly

• Touching the leaves of that silver-green plant that feels exactly like a dog's ear

• Making eye contact with a primate

thewomb

The inevitability that another forum user is typing "You are Josie Long and I claim my five pounds" at this very moment.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

You are Josie Long and I claim my blue peter badge.

Blumf

Unexpectedly not meeting Gwyneth Paltrow, ever.

Dogs being overjoyed to meet you. In fact dogs in gerneral are just lovely, the world would be horrible without them.

Captain Crunch

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ambling through a park free of dogs and dog shit. Those occasions are really enjoyable. Bonus points if it's a mild sunny day with a breeze like today.

Playing snake on your phone whilst pretending to take a shit to get off work for ten minutes.

thewomb

As above, but without pretending.

Famous Mortimer

A bit of mild flirting with someone. Lifts the spirits.

gloria

Quote from: "thewomb"The inevitability that another forum user is typing "You are Josie Long and I claim my five pounds" at this very moment.
#

Is that the kind of stuff she does?  Listing nice things? I wasn't trying to be funny (except maybe the bit about George Melly but that is at least true).

mook

Quote from: "Blumf"Dogs being overjoyed to meet you. In fact dogs in gerneral are just lovely, the world would be horrible without them.

Seconded, my dog has just walked into my study, licked my elbow and then wandered off to carry on with her afternoon nap. Life might be pretty sweet as an english dog.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I just saw one being belted over the head by an old mans walking stick. Still, I suppose it's nicer for dogs here than anywhere else.

mook

You should have punched the old cunt in the face, the anti dog cunt.

opyty

Sadly, most meetings with George are going to be unexpected, at least for him. This is not such a nice thing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: "mook"You should have punched the old cunt in the face, the anti dog cunt.

Well he owned the ugly pitbull thingy. It was a horrible experience all-round. Don't like needless cruelty, don't like dogs, don't like empire-throwback shitheads with canes.

daisy11

Nice things?
Watching dogs and children jump with joy over waves in the sea, laughing outrageously with friends over a good meal in a lovely restaurant, seeing the people you love achieve happiness in life.
Oh, I'm getting too serious for this.
Walking into a second hand bookshop and finding that rare book which you know is absolutely perfect for a special someone.

gazzyk1ns

I was in a proper old traditional village pub last night, and there were two black labradors there, sometimes laying down and sometimes wondering around to see people. It was nice.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"I was in a proper old traditional village pub last night, and there were two black labradors there, sometimes laying down and sometimes wondering around to see people. It was nice.

When the traditional prostitutes are scared off, the market opens up to newcomers...

Brad

It's "Nice in Nice", according to The Stranglers.

rudi

Tripping up the under fives then wiatching their mother shout at them as I stroll on past.

I'm not really cut out for this thread...

daisy11

Sweet juicy strawberries and ripe pomegranates.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Reading a paper and having a pint down at the cricket ground watching the game on a warm day in early summer. I chose this as a nice thing because it's nothing to get ecstatic about but there's always a nice feeling of contentment.

Just to add that I'm only 20, not a retired vicar.

Doctor Stamen

Finishing work four hours before everyone else then going home and eating a bowl of pie and mash in front of an episode of 'Quincy M.E.' you hadn't seen before.

I recently gave my friend a load of similar sentimental guff for a project she was doing:

one. tossing a pancake and it landing perfectly in the pan (as scalding oil splashes and spits out into your enemy's eye!)

two. receiving a text message from your girlfriend that "lady's day" has arrived! better late than never...

three. the haze of neon and smog on a sweltering city night in july, everything is a blur as if you're watching through tears

four. turning on the radiators in october, the comforting smell of 8 months of dust heating up doesn't fade for days and gently breaks you into the long winter nights

five. dreaming about sex with an old girlfriend and then waking up alone for a wonderful guilt-free wank before you meet your wonderful new girlfriend for lunch

six. spelling numbers instead of just 3678236789213 etc.

seven. the australian word 'franger' instead of 'condom'

daisy11

No. 5 of Boston Carb's is fascinating.  I never dream of sex with an ex, I think this must be a guy thing.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: "rudi"Tripping up the under fives then wiatching their mother shout at them as I stroll on past.

:)

I saw a little tot fall flat on his face this morning.  SPLAT!  His Mother pulled him up by his sodding NECK and told him off for running, which he wasn't.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "daisy11"No. 5 of Boston Carb's is fascinating.  I never dream of sex with an ex, I think this must be a guy thing.

He lost me when he went on about meeting a wonderful new girlfriend :-(

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: "daisy11"No. 5 of Boston Carb's is fascinating.  I never dream of sex with an ex, I think this must be a guy thing.

Dreaming about your previous ex is a bit odd, dreaming about old girlfriends is quite different.  I don't think I could have an erotic thought about my immediate ex anymore.  But girls I've been out with before and whose flaws have dimmed in my memory are fair game, but even then I don't ever have sex dreams.

Toad in the Hole

Quote from: "Jim"

He lost me when he went on about meeting a wonderful new girlfriend :-(

Hang in there, it happens in the end.  I can say this having had the same experience after about 6 years of being single or going out with psychos for a couple of months until they finally flip...