Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:17:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[Football] Chelsea Vs Arsenal Thread

Started by european son, March 24, 2004, 05:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

first off... anyone hear Ranieri on the telly? he sounded fucking manic!

Quote from: "the BBC""I am not stupid, crazy. I am a gladiator, I enjoy this. Why not? Face to face, it's my English spirit," he added.

"The players are my blood, my strength. Their support is like taking a big vitamin."

apparently Hasselbaink thinks Arsenal are arrogant and overconfident, according to the Daily Star mind

Quote from: "the BBC""Arsenal will arrive calm and be totally confident that they are superior to us. That is going to be their greatest mistake," he said.

"As far as I am concerned, Arsenal seem to have become arrogant by their success," Hasselbaink told the Daily Star newspaper.

i for one reckon this leg will be very tight. i can see Chelsea trying to shut us down for most of the game and counter attack (despite being at home), because well.. Arsenal are superior frankly... 9 points and 16 games unbeaten against Chelsea (including of course, three wins this season) superior in fact.

but that, of course, counts for nothing tonight, and i can see Chelsea definitely scoring tonight and making one hell of a tie out of this.

one thing's for certain, this won't be decided in the first leg.... in fact i reckon Chelsea may well get a shock victory, something like 2-1 or 3-1.....

(of course, i hope i'm wrong.... and we'll hammer them back at highbury regardless anyway)

mook

We've proven already this season that we are too good for them, and I can't see tonight being any different. I weckon Chelsea will start strong and have all of the first 20 minutes or so, we'll score just before half time and then have to defend all the second half as they chuck everything at us.

Either that or we'll fucking hammer 'em.;-)

Did you know that you won't be able to buy a cup of tea at Stamford bridge next season?

'cos all the mugs are on the pitch and all the cups are at Highbury....Boom fucking boom.

Don't worry I didn't even bother taking it off.

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "european son"apparently Hasselbaink thinks Arsenal are arrogant and overconfident
That's often what the inferior think of the superior. I get that all the time.

Quote from: "european son"apparently Hasselbaink thinks Arsenal are arrogant and overconfident

Precisely what I think about Hasselbaink.

Everyone is making a big thing of the fact that Chelsea haven't beaten an Arse for 16 matches.  What they seem to forget is that they don't necessarily have to beat them to go through.  I can quite easily see two draws in which Chelsea proceed on the frankly ludicrous away-goals rule.

Doctor Stamen

I've a funny feeling that Chelsea might get something out of this.  Everyone in the media are bleating on about the treble and the prospect of Arsenal playing Madrid in the semi final, and it would be just right for Chelsea to come along and throw a huge Damien Duff-shaped spanner in the works.  I'd like to see them win it for Ranieri.  Either way, whoever gets through is well capable of beating the so-called galacticos of Madrid to play in the final.

Not that I think they'll win it, Milan are a better team than anyone else in Europe at the moment and i'm not just saying that on the strength of last night.  Gattuso is the fucking nuts.

bill hicks

Being a Tottenham fan I just hope it's a great game of football, lots of goals, and a freak black hole appears over the Bridge at the final whistle sucking everyone in it into oblivian.

Mediocre Rich

You don't want any type of martyrdom though.  What we need is is operation Ore swoop after the match uncovering a filthy paedophille ring involving Henry, Viera, Abramovich and Wenger.

For what it's worth I hope Chelsea win because there so silly if they win the cup it won't be taken seriously.

hands cold, liver warm

I bet its a boring 0-0. Chelsea are going to be even more defensive than usual and arsenal are going to be wary of conceding an away goal. I wouldn't be surprised if the second match is nil nil after 90 minutes as well.

Mind you I said that deportivo were going to beat milan.

fanny splendid

Abbie

fanny splendid

Heh, that picture i took of myself, naked and squatting over a mirror, can now be monged to perfection.

I knew you wouldn't let me down...

;¬)

mook

Sod 'em Abbie, they just don't understand do they...

Abbie

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Heh, that picture i took of myself, naked and squatting over a mirror, can now be monged to perfection.

I knew you wouldn't let me down...

;¬)

Damn you to Hell Fanny!  To Hell I say!

<apologies everyone else, you may now continue with your serious football discussion, we won't disturb you again>

european son

should be an interesting atmosphere down the pub, i'm watching the game in Jabez Clegg, which will be full of students, as well as local City fans (who probably don't care about the result) and United fans (that of course want us to lose)

whatever happens in the game it'll be worth it to watch Ranieri giving another brilliant speech afterwards.

i wonder what Sir Alex is up to this evening....?

grindyourmind

european son

Quote from: "grindyourmind"I fucking hate Arsenal.

i want you to spell out in nine clear points why it is you hate Arsenal so

I just hate losing.  Hopefully there's 'whores on here that will agree that that thankfully makes me a fairly gratious winner in return.  Hopefully.

Three Porto defenders playing him onside.  Fucking three!

The Bejesus

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"Three Porto defenders playing him onside.  Fucking three!

You'll get feck all sympathy from me, that was the funniest moment this season...(winkage)

Well, that and the ref giving us that penalty and sending Van Buyten off on Monday.

I love Arsenal, me.  Up the Gunners!

bill hicks

Quote from: "fanny splendid"

That just replaced Mr. T as my desktop background. Beautiful Fanny, truly beautiful.

Oh and it's a fucking appalling game isn't it? I've seen Sunday league matches with better passing than this trail of shite.

Jet Set Willy

[USA style] AFC Monaco of the French Prem-ear League is leading FC Real Madrid of the Spanish Prem-ear league by one point to zero. The famous offense of the Spanish Al Qaeda target's squad has so far produced nada as those zany hispanics say! Who will go on to meet Assnal in the half-final stage!?[/USA style]

chand

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"Three Porto defenders playing him onside.  Fucking three!

That linesman appeared again at Milan-Depor yesterday and made at least two wrong decisions which stopped Milan having runs on goal. I suppose at least it means we can rule out an anti-United conspiracy and conclude that the guy is a bumbling fuckwit, who was lucky Milan scored enough goals for his uselessness to be irrelevant last night.

Jet Set Willy

Captain Mildred

That'll do.
If it's 2-2 at Highbury.

C'mon!!!!

european son

t'was as scrappy a game as i thought it would be, and whilst chelsea didn''t win 2-1 as i predicited, they probably deserved to.

my biggest worry was that Henry was AWOL for the whole match, chelsea shut him out brilliantly.

but roll on next week i say, should prove to be interesting.