Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Image Requests

Started by ccab, February 28, 2007, 07:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccab

(There really should be a thread like this already)

I urgently need a photo or image of a figure (pauper, monk, potato picker) in robes or rags bending over to pick something up, or leaning forward as they drag a heavy load - and I need t to be a profile - can you help?

Slaaaaabs

Have you tried stock image libraries?

Sign up for a free account at Getty and you can do proper searches and use decent sized composition images (no good for print but then you'd get sued anyway)

http://creative.gettyimages.com/source/classes/FrameSet.aspx?&UQR=vvoqot&pk=4&source=front&lightboxView=1&txtSearch=bending%20picking&selImageType=7&chkLicensed=on&chkRoyaltyFree=on&chkNLM=on

zozman

That's a big old link.  I'm still looking for Steptoe having a bath in the sink if anyone's got it.  I don't need it or anything, I just like it.

I think there is a thread like this.  I'm sure the Search Nazi will be along directly.

ccab

Thanks for the link, slaaaaab, I had already checked Getty, along with the other first ports of call, but without any joy.

The subject needs to look downtrodden and uncomfortable, wearing loose clothes or robes (something with many visible creases) and leaning forward in a strained pose.

If it reminds anyone of something in their photo collections, please post! Thanks!