Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"In Conversation With Chris Morris" - Bootleggers required,

Started by Neil, March 02, 2007, 04:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudi

Quote from: "timguest"ps - why is registration for this site closed at present?

Just to stop you specifically.

We're all LAUGHING at you in the sauna right now.

As you can guess - I don't know, sorry...

Peking O

Quote from: "timguest"I went to a Nathan Barely themed after party...

This may not help in your registration request ;-)

Tommy Trumpet

Quote from: "derekandclive"Completely impatient but do we have any solid fact that there is audio of Chris's interview?
Sorry, I still haven't got hold of it. But yes, there definitely is one and I've been told I can borrow it. Apparently it's a a bit quiet but decent quality.

And "timguest", yeah I think you spoke to me and my friend. We spoke about the Armando Ianucci Shows, right?

Tommy Trumpet

Quote from: "timguest"
I hope any audio that does turn up gets distributed through this site rather than facebook or something, seems slightly unfair on the man having his interview splashed all over the intternet, and in a roundabout way just highlights why he doesn't get involved with public talks etc.
And yeah, it is a bit morally dubious considering we were asked not to record. Especially if newspapers refer to this site, then it seems not implausible that he might notice and think "that's the last time I do something like that then".

derekandclive

And yeah, it is a bit morally dubious considering we were asked not to record. Especially if newspapers refer to this site, then it seems not implausible that he might notice and think "that's the last time I do something like that then".

Just thinking the amount of times Chris Morris has secretly recorded people... We learned from the best

notsci

On questions that were not asked or topics not discussed during his talk...

I think I would have enquired to his activity online, in so much as blogging, forum submissions or content on the public video channels such as YouTube etc... seems an ideal medium for him to let off steam or seed ideas, or for that matter completly lambast the thing.

On a cynical note; any of you gits suspect a hidden agenda for this public appearance?

Looking forward to any audio from this event.

notsci

On questions that were not asked or topics not discussed during his talk...

I think I would have enquired to his activity online, in so much as blogging, forum submissions or content on the public video channels such as YouTube etc... seems an ideal medium for him to let off steam of seed ideas or for that matter complete lambast the thing.

On a cynical note; any of you gits suspect a hidden agenda for this public appearance?

Looking forward to any audio from this event.

beyondAjoke

To be honest, although he's obviously not a public figure, it seemed to me that he takes pride in his work being very public and critically assessed, and with the internet, it would take a lot of his own efforts and a consistently updated website to stop things he put onto the web disappearing into indifferent obscurity. I don't think he'd like that as much.

He mentioned more than once about a desire to work on radio again, though.

notsci

I hear you. Although the web is ephemeral by its very nature, I am sure Morris could subvert that medium or atleast use it bi-proxy .

For instance, Trashbat site was a spot on extension of the show and if I am honest could have been a great deal better, but atleast the intention was there.
I also liked the smokehammer ideas, especially Bar 9/11 and there are still a few 'viral' type webpages floating about concerning his Jam series.

Considering his knowledge and subversion of most media formats, I personally would welcome a purely online series of Nathan Barley. It just didn't feel right as a TV 'sitcom' despite being a whole lot different from the usual tosh.  I reckon the web is there for the taking.

With regard to a return to radio. How about a morris Podcast? Ha!

StuartGranger

derekandclive

seriously people, paramount comedy now are reporting that Morris is doing a "comedy United 93". It's completely ridiculous. It's no wonder he never does interviews. Which makes me think it 's probably aswell that interview doesn't get posted. It takes away from his mystique

derekandclive

none taken. Yeh possibly not the time or place for a word like that.
Ah you know what i meant....

Godzilla Bankrolls

He wipes his children's arses just like anyone else.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"He wipes his children's arses just like anyone else.

Apparently you have proof.

Anonymous

Quote from: "derekandclive"seriously people, paramount comedy now are reporting that Morris is doing a "comedy United 93". It's completely ridiculous. It's no wonder he never does interviews. Which makes me think it 's probably aswell that interview doesn't get posted. It takes away from his mystique
Well, the way I see it, if the interview is posted in full then the journalists have no excuses for misreporting it. At the moment they can claim it was distorted through hearsay but if the interview is there for everyone to listen to then it's anyone can see what was really said and it's clear how they've misrepresented it.

beyondAjoke

But the only journalist that was there, afaik, was Lashmar who did the interviewing. There shouldn't be any misreporting because the interview wasn't meant to be documented at all, at least audio/visually.
This is just playing into Morris' hands though. Unqualified rumours that he's doing a 'comedy United 93' would be exactly what he'd want to hear being said about himself.

WIll you lot stop talking shit. You talk shit all day long. Shit shit shit. It was only an interview. It's not the second coming.

Sadness

Quote from: "Bamber Hopcraft"WIll you lot stop talking shit. You talk shit all day long. Shit shit shit. It was only an interview. It's not the second coming.

Ah ah now.....careful with this sort of thing Bamber.

Constructive, keep it constructive.

rudi

Quote from: "Bamber Hopcraft"WIll you lot stop talking shit. You talk shit all day long. Shit shit shit. It was only an interview. It's not the second coming.

Yeah! And on a Chris Morris site too.

What a bunch of total wankers...

francis

Come on you tommy trumpet lad! it's only been about three years..

TJ

Look, right, if one more 'anonymous' pesters the poor guy, I'm asking him not to post the link on here and we'll send it out to registered users only.

For fuck's sake, people really do take the fucking piss sometimes.

Quote from: "TJ"Look, right, if one more 'anonymous' pesters the poor guy, I'm asking him not to post the link on here and we'll send it out to registered users only.

For fuck's sake, people really do take the fucking piss sometimes.

I've just gone through the thread to check for people asking for or hinting about the audio recording etc and these are the people who did so (I've bolded the registered users) in order of time posted:

derekandclive
the psychic intangible
derekandclive
glebe
Morgan
notsci
StuartGranger
francis

As you can see the registered users outnumber the 'anonymous' posters by 6 to 3 (or 6 to 2 if both of the first 'guests' were the same person). So unless I'm missing a joke or I've fucked up who is and isn't registered, your comment is totally unfair, TJ.

Neil

Well, call me crazy, but I imagine he was just working from memory, rather than methodically going through the thread and making a sorted list of who the registered users were and weren't.  The main point, though, to be honest, is that it's amazing the internet has bred this mentality where people feel comfortable hassling folks who are doing them a favour.  Particularly given the sheer aggressiveness of this hassling at times (e.g. "When the fucking Christ is he gonna post it?")  I think that's rude, and almost certainly counter-productive.

StuartGranger

Jeeeeesus Christ,...you guys take this all a little too seriously.

Post it, don't post it...whatever.

Everybody Chill.

I only said that, because I'm just slightly confused as to why this is taking so long, if he's got an mp3, upload somewhere, for example;

www.yourfilehost.com

And give out the link.

I tried to get a recording of it, I failed.

'Miss, miss!,...Stuart typed, 'fucking Christ'...just for that I'm gonna wait a few extra weeks, he is hassling me and making my man-pussy quiver'.

Neil

I'm just suggesting that if someone is doing you, and indeed the whole community and more folks besides, a very big favour, and chasing up someone who has a recording which we want to hear and which may not exist in any other hands, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, it may be beneficial to be patient and polite, rather than acting like a stompy-footed shitty-arsed whinging sweary little baby who needs a good smack on the bum.

Anonymous

In my defence I said this "Could the recordings be unleashed please? Need to hear this". If that's berating then I'm obviously a faggot. Least I know now.