Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:08:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Worst Night of Your Life?

Started by Deadman97, March 04, 2007, 01:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadman97

Next month at the Hackney Empire:
Quote"An Evening with Peter Doherty". The two shows on April 11 and 12 will feature poetry, readings and acoustic songs

Fuck me. Can you think of an event you'd like to see less?

Vaguely Phallic

I've heard the most terrible thing parents can possibly experience is their son or/and daughter dying before them. I don't mean literally dying in the presence of the parents, say by choking on a small bone during the family dinner. Although, if this happened it would, naturally, also be the most terrible thing a parent could possibly experience and thus link nicely back to the topic at hand; one presumes the parents would have a fairly sombre next couple of days too.

Failing this, imagine you were forced to watch any loved one be anally raped or tortured for the rest of their life. You would, in all probability, become pretty miserable (though you'd be able to miss work).

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "Vaguely Phallic"Failing this, imagine you were forced to watch any loved one be anally raped or tortured for the rest of their life. You would, in all probability, become pretty miserable (though you'd be able to miss work).

Yes, but that still wouldn't be as bad as watching Pete Docherty do whatever his thing is for a couple of nights.

rudi

Watcjing Pete Doherty anally rape your child to death?

Whilst reading his poetry?

And, of course, paying for the priveledge.

That's end-of-thread, isn't it?

No I think I can top that.

The Blue Man Group.

Or 'Stomp.'

Oscar

I studied arty stuff at University and one of my tutors had been a member of the Wooster Group. She once showed us a clip of a perfromance her and the rest of the group had done. It was based on an acid trip and lasted for eight hours - in theory, this might be quite an entertaining idea if you got a bit of a drmatic story unfolding and so on, but they hadn't because it was art and so it had to be devoid of point or interest.
From what I could see, they chose to represent an acid trip by six of them standing behind a long table each talking nonsense and moving just a bit, repeated over and over for eight hours.
When it comes to the a night of the worst entertainment ever, then that's got to be nudging the top ten at least