Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:37:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Al Qaeda Targets Prince"

Started by surreal, March 05, 2007, 10:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surreal

Ok, this just really pisses me off....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1254190,00.html

QuoteAl Qaeda Targets Prince
Updated: 10:18, Monday March 05, 2007

Terrorists have vowed to kidnap or kill Prince Harry when he fights in Iraq, it is reported.  The 22-year-old is due to be sent out in May with colleagues from the Blues and Royals regiment.  Threats have been posted on extremist websites since his deployment was revealed, The Sun says.

First its from the "no shit, Sherlock" school of journalism

then you have the "oh noes!!!" bit
Army officials fear the Prince will be paraded on television if he is kidnapped.

then some nobody talking-head "terror expert"
Internet terror expert Neil Doyle was quoted as saying: "Harry would be the ultimate prize for one of these insurgent groups.

"He would be worth his weight in gold in propaganda terms if killed or captured."

THEN THEY SPELL OUT EXACTLY WHERE HE'S GOING TO BE!!!!!
From the end of May, the prince will be patrolling in Scimitar armoured reconnaissance vehicles in Maysan.

Santa's Boyfriend

I was rather hoping they might try and persuade Harry to join Al Qaida rather than simply killing him or parading him on television.  I mean, he's used to parades for a start.

surreal

well maybe if they do get him you'll get the Stockholm Syndrome - maybe he'd be a Patty Hearst for the 00's....

the article just made me angry, but I do wonder what would happen if he did get captured.... there really isn't a lot that could be done beyond what we do now which is send the SAS in.

Santa's Boyfriend

I'm guessing that they've already agreed with him that they won't rescue him if he gets captured.

mothman

"Send them in?" Ha! Prediction: right now several large SAS types, who joined from armoured/mechanized infantry or cavalry regiments, are having refresher courses in modern British Army fighting vehicles, getting haircuts to look more regular-army, etc. At least one or two members of his vehicle crew, plus maybe a few more in the troop he'll command, will be there solely to watch out for him.

But of course the insurgents are gonna try. It'd be worth using a whole month's worth of suicide bombers in one go to get him. It's not going to be difficult to figure out roughly where he is - it'll be common knowledge where the Blues & Royals are based, and what vehicles they drive.

Milo

QuoteInternet terror expert Neil Doyle

An expert in Internet terror or a terror expert who is only on the Internet. You decide.

Santa's Boyfriend

Or possibly a man who spent too long looking at Goatse.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

So threats have been posted on extremist websites i.e. the crazy muslim version of Stormfront. So Osama Bin Laden or Ayman al-Zawahiri haven't actually ordered their minions in Iraq (of which they have no control over) to kidnap Private Cornet Wales.

Quote from: "Sky News"More than 100 UK soldiers have been killed since the 2003 invasion.

Yes 33 more than 100 have been killed in Iraq.

Mr. Analytical

For "Internet terror expert" read "right-wing blogger"

Uncle TechTip

No-one's made a joke about the diminutive pint-sized purple pop star yet. Standards are slipping. When I glanced at the title I thought...!!! Was I the only one who...? Ah forget it.

Slaaaaabs

Quote from: "Mr. Analytical"For "Internet terror expert" read "right-wing blogger"

Be fair, he edited some pages on Wikipedia as well.

Quote from: "Uncle TechTip"No-one's made a joke about the diminutive pint-sized purple pop star yet. Standards are slipping. When I glanced at the title I thought...!!! Was I the only one who...? Ah forget it.

I guess it's a sign o' the times on this board.

hundred

I could never take the place of your hostage.

Anotherbulletholenyourhead.

I'm struggling here, someone help me out.

Right.

If he were to become an expert at driving the Land Rover Defender Core Military Vehicle (link) and he got bad sunburn and he was shorter than he actually is, he would then be:
A little, red, 'Core' Vet(eran).

Uncle TechTip

I didn't mean actually do it.

samadriel

Quote from: "mothman""Send them in?" Ha! Prediction: right now several large SAS types, who joined from armoured/mechanized infantry or cavalry regiments, are having refresher courses in modern British Army fighting vehicles, getting haircuts to look more regular-army, etc.

I find it very difficult to believe that any SAS member would allow the shearing of their trademark flowing locks; it is the source of their famous praeter-Tommy strength and resourcefulness.

Quote from: "sick as a pike"Right.

If he were to become an expert at driving the Land Rover Defender Core Military Vehicle (link) and he got bad sunburn and he was shorter than he actually is, he would then be:
A little, red, 'Core' Vet(eran).
Now really; all you had to say was 'a Little Red Corps Vet'!

Hound

As if we need to be told who Al-Queda would go for, its obvious they would try and attack such a powerful Symbol.....

biggytitbo

Couple of undercover agents dressed as Arabs, kidnap Prince Harry, release video of him looking disheveled in gloomy dungean looking. Reveal stunning evidence Arabs are Iranian government operatives, bomb Iran back to the stoneage, Harry released unhurt. Everyone a winner!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Probably better to dress them as Persians.

surreal

Quote from: "biggytitbo"Couple of undercover agents dressed as Arabs, kidnap Prince Harry, release video of him looking disheveled in gloomy dungean looking. Reveal stunning evidence Arabs are Iranian government operatives, bomb Iran back to the stoneage, Harry released unhurt. Everyone a winner!

You are Pinball and I claim my £5!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteArmy officials fear the Prince will be paraded on television if he is kidnapped.

A fear more pressing than say, being killed in a gunfight?

That sounds just lovely. If only Wills, Brenda, Phil and the rest of them could also be captured, paraded on tv and then beheaded, this country would start changing for the better. They're no more elected than Saddam Hussein.

biggytitbo

Quote from: "surreal"
Quote from: "biggytitbo"Couple of undercover agents dressed as Arabs, kidnap Prince Harry, release video of him looking disheveled in gloomy dungean looking. Reveal stunning evidence Arabs are Iranian government operatives, bomb Iran back to the stoneage, Harry released unhurt. Everyone a winner!

You are Pinball and I claim my £5!

I was joking actually! Although maybe I shouldnt give them ideas?

biggytitbo

Quote from: "Bamber Hopcraft"That sounds just lovely. If only Wills, Brenda, Phil and the rest of them could also be captured, paraded on tv and then beheaded, this country would start changing for the better. They're no more elected than Saddam Hussein.

In fairness to the Royal family, I'm not sure theyve ever killed or gassed their own people. Prince Charles can be a bit annoying at times I suppose, but I'd still take him over Saddam given the choice.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

You obviously haven't tried any of Saddam's own brand organic wild smoked salmon yet!

biggytitbo

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"You obviously haven't tried any of Saddam's own brand organic wild smoked salmon yet!

I havent, but I hear President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is secretly developing an organic Highland steak and Guiness pastie plant. Bastard!

MonkeyDrummer

Am I the only one with Ivan Drago's voice in my head saying."If he dies. He dies"

El Unicornio, mang

He wore a Raspberry (Green) Beret

We're still doing the Prince jokes right?

Goldentony

"Eye want 2 talk 2 U about the weapons of mass destruction"

samadriel

Quote from: "MonkeyDrummer"Am I the only one with Ivan Drago's voice in my head saying."If he dies. He dies"
What, all the time?