Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Paul Daniels on Chris Morris

Started by pish, March 07, 2007, 12:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pish

I've uploaded a clip to YouTube of Daniels discussing his appearance on Brasseye, with Ireland's Podge and Rodge.

It's from Monday night's show, and it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uTO_7cL1BM

Grr, etc.

the midnight watch baboon

Haha, great clip.. least he admitted it was a good gag. And looked stupid still.

Mr. Analytical

Those voices sound familiar.  They wouldn't be owned by the people who once did Zig and Zag would they?

Godzilla Bankrolls

Yeah. They did that Bronx Bunny cack that e4 put out a while ago. Paramount used to show Podge and Rodge shorts late at night. Crap compared to Zig and Zag, and full of crap, lazy base humour. They wank next to each other in bed etc.

Musicoutoftrousers

I'd be interested to know in what way Daniels thinks the Carla gag wasn't 'thought through' and 'spoilt [Morris'] career a bit'.

Fairly predictable defense really. Admits that it's a good gag to seem like he 'got it' and whatnot, but expresses concern on a strictly humanitarian basis, of course. Naff off.

quadraspazzed

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"Yeah. They did that Bronx Bunny cack that e4 put out a while ago. Paramount used to show Podge and Rodge shorts late at night. Crap compared to Zig and Zag, and full of crap, lazy base humour. They wank next to each other in bed etc.

I always had a soft spot for A Scare at Bedtime, and was a little bit shocked when I randomly saw it on Paramount last year. The P&R Show is absolute shite though. Except for when MacGowan was on.

Edit: Having just looked at the clip, it's amazing how much Paul Daniels actually looks like Podge and Rodge!

Podge and Rodge.  God I miss them.  And TG4.

quadraspazzed

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"And TG4.

Ye bloody Fenian!

pish

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"Yeah. They did that Bronx Bunny cack that e4 put out a while ago. Paramount used to show Podge and Rodge shorts late at night. Crap compared to Zig and Zag, and full of crap, lazy base humour. They wank next to each other in bed etc.

That's a shame. I'm actually quite fond of the P&R show, it's fun in its own uniquely Irish way. I was astounded when I first stumbled across it, given its high curse-count compared to other RTE shows. I was pleased to see Irish TV is no longer comprised of just The Late Late Show and The Angelus.

I can't think of a UK equivalent... I doubt it would "work" over here anyway.

Still, good to see they're fans of yer feckin fella Morris altogether.

lardboy

There's a good lot of PnR on Youtube, including a Johnny Vegas clip that's pretty much his usual shtick, but more entertaining than much of the stuff on there.

[/OT]

quadraspazzed

[OT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpmpXVEX13k

MacGowan on P&R*.

*Note: Not actually as funny as I remember it afterall. That's what Xmas drinking does to ones comedy receptors I guess.

[/OT]

Glebe

Thanks a lot pish, I didn't see that. Always facinating to see Morris 'victim's' opinions.

I didn't know they had their own 'show' I'd only seen them hosting some blooper show.

Paul Daniels, what a cunt.