Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:51:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'Come on you fat bastard, come on you ginger bastard, come on you black bastard.'

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 08, 2007, 03:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Those Tories....again:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6431005.stm

You stupid bastard.

QuoteA Tory frontbencher has quit after saying he had met "a lot of ethnic minority soldiers who were idle and useless" and used racism as a "cover".

QuoteMr Mercer told The Times: "They prospered inside my regiment, but if you'd said to them: 'Have you ever been called a n**ger,' they would have said: 'Yes.'

"But equally, a chap with red hair, for example, would also get a hard time - a far harder time than a black man, in fact."

Mr Mercer, MP for Newark, added: "But that's the way it is in the Army. If someone is slow on the assault course, you'd get people shouting: 'Come on you fat bastard, come on you ginger bastard, come on you black bastard.'"

quadraspazzed

Ah yes, the centuries of enslavement of the redheads and the corpulent! What a truly terrible time they had of it.

biggytitbo

buttgammon

Mr. Analytical

This is the thing with the tories.  No matter the changes in their policies, this type of shit is NEVER far from the surface.  The party's institutionally xenophobic.  You'd have to clear out most of the members to get rid of it.

quadraspazzed

Quote from: "biggytitbo"It's no different to been called 'chinny'

What's that from? Lee & Herring is it? It's wrecking my head.

SimonJT

It's from Jimmy Hill, using a similar argument a while back when Ron Atkinson got into his racism trouble.

The Duck Man

It's from Stewart's Lee stand up show, Stand Up Comedian

QuoteI don't think the rythmn and blues movement that's undercut popular music for the past fifty years would have happened had the residents of the Mississippi delta been predominantly made up of people with big chins. "Woke up this morning...I've got a big chin. It's not much of a problem, really."

EDIT: And Stewart Lee was talking about Jimmy Hill saying being called chinny was as bad as being called n**ger.

quadraspazzed

Ah right yeah thanks. I knew there was some L&H reference anyway.

biggytitbo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The article has now been edited to include David Camerons response:

Quote[comments] which party leader David Cameron called "completely unacceptable". "We should not tolerate racism in the Army or in any walk of life. Patrick Mercer is no longer a shadow minister."

He must be wondering whether the party he's leading is eerily similar to that other party he called a bunch of xenophobes and closet racists.

The Mumbler

"He later told BBC Radio 4's PM programme that in his 25-year career he had twice come across soldiers claiming racism when disciplined for poor performance."

-----

Two soldiers in a quarter of a century. Might as well tar "them" all with the same brush, eh? The lazy bastards. How many Tory politicians have made revolting comments in the last 25 years? I lost count long ago.

wherearethespoons

His dog is black. Looks like a toilet has been photoshopped out.

Show him some love - http://www.patrickmercer.org.uk/

Charles Charlie Charles

The only one that looks natural in that photo is the dog. And look how sad he looks.

Quote from: "Charles Charlie Charles"The only one that looks natural in that photo is the dog. And look how sad he looks.

I'm not surprised; look at what she's doing to him! A quick bit of throttling then off to the river in a sack, I'll wager.

Meanwhile he looks like he's just done that thing where you tuck your top lip in on itself.

Mr Wrong

Marty McFly

the government calls it the army.. but a more alarmist name would be: the killbot factory!

alexl

Quote from: "wherearethespoons"(picture)

His dog is black. Looks like a toilet has been photoshopped out.

Show him some love - http://www.patrickmercer.org.uk/

It looks like his wife is strangling the dog.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Portillo described him as 'a clot' on This Week last night. I think he meant is as a comment on his general personality too, not just a clot in light of recent events.