Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:30:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All-New Handfun Thread (NDS, GBA, PSP, NGPC, WS...)

Started by waste of chops, March 15, 2007, 01:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

candlelightoptometrist

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 28, 2009, 11:55:40 PM
Any chance you could post a one of these sub Photoshop efforts? I'd be quite interested to see how good/bad they are.

Sure. To clarify: there's a rather lame liquify style feature with zero sensitivity controls, but also about 12 discrete camera lenses i.e. kaleidescope, which don't look completely terrible; at least in real time. Illustrative images involving some of my friends (and one random chap) follow:

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

That looks like it could be a lot of fun. Why won't the bastards make a camera for the old DS?

Baxter

VegaLA

Is THIS the new PSP ?

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/05/31/psp-go-sony-psp2-scraps-umd-gains-16gb/

I don't know, it looks similar to the mock up that appears on Engadget from time to time but its E3 time next week so all shall be revealed. Or not.

Consignia

Quote from: VegaLA on June 01, 2009, 01:20:52 AM
Is THIS the new PSP ?

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/05/31/psp-go-sony-psp2-scraps-umd-gains-16gb/

I don't know, it looks similar to the mock up that appears on Engadget from time to time but its E3 time next week so all shall be revealed. Or not.

It is. It was accidentally revealed in Qore, the PSN online magazine.

Baxter

That does look rather good and I can't wait but it's obviously a finite list of items you can create and I can see it turning into a game of:

doesn't work
no not that
that neither
Oh cool! that internet meme from 4 years ago works!

chocky909

Peggle on iPhone for 59p (usually £3) this weekend. Great little game ideal for short bursts

Baxter

I don't think you understand what Dread Cthulhu is capable of when it's likeness is mocked in such a way.

jimmy jazz

Does anybody use YSMenu? Apparently any game works on it and its a lot better than the standard R4 firmware. If you do can you upload and PM it for me please?

ThickAndCreamy

I've just got Rock Band unplugged for the PSP.

Whilst many of the songs are dreadful (especially from the US frat boy genre) it is still extremely good fun. The most fun I've had with a PSP game since, well since I can remember. It's like amplitude but with a whole band basically.

madhair60

How many songs does it have?  Can you download extras?

Quote from: madhair60 on June 23, 2009, 11:57:20 PM
How many songs does it have?  Can you download extras?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_Unplugged

41 songs in the game and 12 currently available for download, with more on the way.

chand

Quote from: ThickAndCreamy on June 23, 2009, 10:44:38 PM
I've just got Rock Band unplugged for the PSP.

Whilst many of the songs are dreadful (especially from the US frat boy genre) it is still extremely good fun. The most fun I've had with a PSP game since, well since I can remember. It's like amplitude but with a whole band basically.

I bought this on Friday but haven't got round to playing it yet. Having only got guitar versions of the GH/Rock Band for the PS3 I'm intrigued to play the drums now, but I was slightly underwhelmed by the tracklisting.

Ooh, Catan's just been released for the DS. It's only available in Germany at the moment so you'll have to import it from there, but apparently it does include an English-language option.

Bumpity.

So, anyone got an iPhone? Or an iPod Touch? There are some great games available at the moment for pennies, including today's big release -- Civilization Revolution for £3. Three quid! That's an insane ratio of price to gameplay. It's easy to ignore the Apple handhelds because in general, the people who own them won't stop fucking wanking on about them all the fucking time but the fact is there's a wealth of awesome games out there, such as Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Flight Control, the fancy port of Monkey Island that was released on the 360, Eliss, Peggle, Bookworm, Rolando 1 & 2, GeoDefense, Slay, Tap Tap Revenge, none of which cost much more than the price of a pint or two, and some are as cheap as 59p (or free in the case of Tap Tap Revenge, which is a perfectly good DDR/Guitar Hero-esque rhythm game).

Famous Mortimer

I might give Civilization Revolution a go, as I have an iPhone and like games.

My big recommendation is Harbour Master, which is ludicrous amounts of fun. Simple, addictive, awesome. Peggle is also a top port.

jimmy jazz

Professor Layton is a cunt who should die of AIDS.

jimmy jazz

Oh, the new Professor Layton game is out if you're interested. I mean, I'm not, because it frustrates me too much.

lazyhour

Excellent news!  I really enjoyed the first game.

Baxter

I loved the original professor Layton but this one seems a lot easier, there's not a single puzzle I've had to skip, out of around 40 or so that I've completed, compared with a much higher level in the original game.

Scribblenauts! 11 days!

jimmy jazz

I just thought I'd gotten cleverer :(

But in all seriousness, its a bit of a letdown. The story is too sparsely set, so you don't take in the towns at all, and the puzzles are either easy or more exercises in patience than logic. It does pick up once you're out of Dropstone though, so perhaps its just easing us in this time.

jimmy jazz

jimmy jazz

The first one to get an "oh fuck off" from me is when they gave me an opthalmoscope.

Baxter

I think I went for a Defibrillator and a Bribe, I'm not such if it surprised me that they existed or it solved the puzzle.

Oops, I meant to bump the thread with the good news about Scribblenauts.

My biggest "oh fuck off!" moment so far was
Spoiler alert
PARTICLE ACCELERATOR
[close]
(and yes, you can use
Spoiler alert
LARGE HADRON COLLIDER
[close]
as a synonym if you like)

I can't wait to give this a go, I've been intrigued by it but wasn't sure exactly how much FUN FUN FUN it would be in the end.

"IT'S POD FOR THE NOUGHTIES ON METH"