Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All-New Handfun Thread (NDS, GBA, PSP, NGPC, WS...)

Started by waste of chops, March 15, 2007, 01:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "Neil"
Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"I need to get a few more games for my DS, next on my list is Metroid Prime Hunters I think or maybe that 42 classics thing folk here are mentioning. I see you mention you play Tony Hawk Downhill Jam Neil, have you unlocked all the tracks?

Yeah I just unlocked it last night, only had two more bits to go on it.  I wouldn't be in hard mode though, just normal or whatever.  The challenges in the last map seem like a nightmare, but I suppose they all do at first.  Tried it online yet!?  I need to get back into it first.  Might give it a quick go now though to see what the ingame voice chat is like.
I've never played online no, got a wireless router at my flat but it doesn't work well with the ds. I'm sure I'll get online eventually though when I have an hour to kill to set it up. Gonna have to put in a bit of work to get that last track, got at least 5 or 6 goals to complete I think.

Neil

I just tried it out...seems good, there are new goals and stuff you can download. However, the voice chat is limited to people on your friends list again, ffs!  I bet that's Nintendo's fault, they seriously need to fuck off, I really want to scream obsceneties at small children while playing games.  The friends system is flawed anyway, everyone is always playing different games.  You need some kind of Windows app that tells you where everyone is, but even then, you mostly have to be checking for them.

Anyone tried Final Fantasy Fables yet?  Just downloading it.

ffogems

Got 42 All Time Classic Games today. It's great.

Here's my friend code -
1031 7598 3371

I'll add everyone who's put theirs up. Anyone around to play a few games in next few hours? I'd love to have a bit of online doodah while Toy Story 2 plays in the background and the smell of freshly-dabbed new house paint wafts up my nostrils and beguiles me into a synthetic stupor. Make it happen, whores.

ffogems

Alright, great! I'll put them in now then get on. What happens then? Do I have to know what game you want to play?

ffogems

Ahh, I'm searching for friend rooms. Is that right?

buntyman

good games. everyone who has this game should agree to play at a certain time for a high stakes, texas hold 'em battle of wits

hundred

I'm gonna get one of those R4 cards right now, there seems to be a load of cool stuff I'm missing out on. I only bought my DS for Mario Kart really, haven't really got a lot else, although I bought Hotel Dusk a while back, but it hasn't really grabbed me, and the dialogue goes on and on for ages, with no way of skipping.

Also, I've just switched to WPA encryption, and I'm REALLY annoyed that the DS doesn't support it, and I haven't been able to play online for ages.

ffogems

Quote from: "buntyman"good games. everyone who has this game should agree to play at a certain time for a high stakes, texas hold 'em battle of wits
I was just coming on to say the same thing! A mass Texas Hold 'em meet-up would be just marvellous. I've discovered a rather fortuitous talent for it in the last half hour. I'm not very good at the other dexterous wrist-flick stuff but I can certainly fluke and blag my way into the chip pile pyramids of kooky-faced pseudonyms the world over.

ffogems

Anyone up for a game Texas Hold-em tonight? There seems to be 4 of us about with 42 all-time classics so yeah, anyone?

buntyman

buntyman

Come on! bit of enthusiasm please! I'll create a room and hope there'll be a few joining. Does anyone know if there's and way of knowing if you have a 'friend' that is online other that in the waiting room section?

Analrapist

I got 42 All-Time Classics today!

I hope you're not all bored of it by now.

buntyman

ffogems

here's mine - 1031 7598 3371

A late-night gaming triad would be grand, providing everyone's as lonely, depressed, unemployed and naked as I am.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Analrapist

Geraint

got my R4 the other day - but annoyingly the microSD card i ordered from play.com is taking ages so i can't try it out yet. i'm looking round for various apps in the meantime, this comic reader looks useful. any obscure gems or useful programs you can recommend?

buntyman

Quote from: "Geraint"got my R4 the other day - but annoyingly the microSD card i ordered from play.com is taking ages so i can't try it out yet. i'm looking round for various apps in the meantime, this comic reader looks useful. any obscure gems or useful programs you can recommend?

Where did you order yours from and how long did it take to arrive? I'm waiting on an R4 myself and have downloaded a good bundle of games. If it doesn't arrive a week from now I have a very boring bus trip to London ahead of me (read a book? what are you some kind of egghead?).

Anyone fancy some 42 classics tonight?

Geraint

Quote from: "buntyman"
Quote from: "Geraint"got my R4 the other day - but annoyingly the microSD card i ordered from play.com is taking ages so i can't try it out yet. i'm looking round for various apps in the meantime, this comic reader looks useful. any obscure gems or useful programs you can recommend?

Where did you order yours from and how long did it take to arrive? I'm waiting on an R4 myself and have downloaded a good bundle of games. If it doesn't arrive a week from now I have a very boring bus trip to London ahead of me (read a book? what are you some kind of egghead?).

Anyone fancy some 42 classics tonight?

I bought mine from consoleplus.co.uk, a bit more expensive than you can get them on the asian sites but it arrived within 2 days and if it doesn't work it shouldn't take long to get a replacement sorted. where did you order from? a friend got one from dealextreme.com in hong kong and that took just under 2 weeks, i think

buntyman

yeah dealextreme on the advice of someone here. OK thanks, fingers crossed for its arrival. I was going to buy that 7.99 SD card off play.com but if its going to take too long i might just get one from dixons

Milo

Dealextremes' tracking thing says 4-7 days for my R4 shipping so I'm hoping it will come tomorrow as that will be 4 days. My hopes, however, are not high.

Has anyone got Hotel Dusk: Room 215 on the DS.  Looks to be a Phoenix Wrightesque affair which is obviously a good thing.  

I'm going to the US tomorrow, there wouldn't be any stupid reason why DS and PSP games purchased there wouldn't work on my UK purchased hardware would there?  Yes, I am technically retarded.

Milo

US DS games will definitely work on UK hardware and I'm pretty sure US PSP ones will.

Cheers, just hoping I can get some cheap shit to tide me over

lardboy

The US games will definitely work on a UK machine.  If you like rhythm action games, you could do a lot worse than picking up Elite Beat Agents for the DS.  It's the Western version of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! which is ace, and is supposed to be of a similar standard.  I've asked a couple of people to pick it up over there for me, but they've both forgotten.  Losers.

Not sure what other stuff is available that you can't get here, but EBA should keep you entertained for the flight back and a good few bus rides after that.

EDIT:  Have fired up 42 All Time Classics and got coded up.  My code is 2706 8004 3310.  Have added Neil, TN, ffogems, buntyman and Analrapist's codes.  If you can do the honours, I'll be up for online japery.

RHX

Quote from: "lardboy"Not sure what other stuff is available that you can't get here, but EBA should keep you entertained for the flight back and a good few bus rides after that.

It's kept me going for a good few weeks now. Well worth picking up a copy if you can find one.

Quote from: "lardboy"The US games will definitely work on a UK machine.  If you like rhythm action games, you could do a lot worse than picking up Elite Beat Agents for the DS.  It's the Western version of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! which is ace, and is supposed to be of a similar standard.  I've asked a couple of people to pick it up over there for me, but they've both forgotten.  Losers.

Not sure what other stuff is available that you can't get here, but EBA should keep you entertained for the flight back and a good few bus rides after that.

EBA is equally great, and even slightly improved in some places (eg. the animated intros to each level are skippable which was one of my pet hates in Ouendan; I got stuck on the last level but gave up after having to sit through the 5-minute intro for the umpteenth time)

Consignia

I sort of alternate between Ouendan, and EBA, and although I cannot beat either on hard, I find it much more tolerable to retry EBA's last level, as you can restart really quickly.

In other news, Ouendan 2 is out next month. I toying with wether to buy it or download it. It is one of my favourite games of all time, so a purchase may be in order.