Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

[Download] Laughing All The Way To The Ballot Box

Started by jutl, March 25, 2004, 11:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jutl

John Sergeant's two-part series Laughing All The Way To The Ballot Box from 2002 (12.5Mb)

These are not my encodes - I'd like to know whose they are if anyone knows, so I can thank them. Anyway - two half-hour programmes on political satire (from Swift to Morris) written and presented by John Sergeant.

butnut

Thanks for this. I enjoyed it. However, I suppose because of the lack of clips, he did rather pass over the 300 years before the 20th century, which was a bit of a shame, as I know very little of early satire, and was hoping this might educate me a bit.

And there were times where it seemed like the gospel according to saint Hislop. Especially his smugness over being the 'only' person to mock Blair when he first got voted in. And a bit of shame there was only one tiny mention of Morris at the end.

Apart from this, great listening.

(By the way, Jutl, I've just ordered that DVD of 8 1/2 from the states. Thanks again for the link you gave me!)