Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

DANNY BAKER - All Day Breakfast Show (Podcast)

Started by Beep Cleep Chimney, March 23, 2007, 07:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Not sure how many of you were aware of this, but Danny Baker has just done his first podcast by the looks of it.  

I discovered it on iTunes - I'm not sure if it's also on the BBC London website as it sounds like it's been done independently from his LDN show. (Might be wrong though).

Looks like it was done last week.

As is usually the case with Danny Baker, it's very funny.  Lasts just under an hour.

However, I would warn those of you with low tolerance thresholds that everyone's favourite karaoke singer and former comedian Peter Kay features.

Just thought I'd let you know.

easytarget

cor! thanks for that.
QuoteThat Danny Baker podcast

Some controversy about Danny Baker's podcast on Wippit.com, which seems an almost exact version of his BBC London radio show but without any BBBC endorsement. The BBC's podcasts are all strictly run as a trail at the moment with only selected shows included, presumably so that the corporation can't be accused on treading on any corporating podcasting toes. Baker seems to have his own ideas, though.

The BBC said in a statement: "We are aware of Danny Baker's podcast on wippit.com and are confident that it doesn't use any content from his BBC London 94.9 show.

"As a freelance broadcaster Danny has a range of broadcast and publishing commitments besides his BBC London 94.9 show which we continue to review with Danny to ensure they don't contravene BBC guidelines."

It's a shame about Kay*

*DYSWIDT

Quote from: "easytarget"cor! thanks for that.
QuoteThat Danny Baker podcast

Some controversy about Danny Baker's podcast on Wippit.com, which seems an almost exact version of his BBC London radio show but without any BBBC endorsement. The BBC's podcasts are all strictly run as a trail at the moment with only selected shows included, presumably so that the corporation can't be accused on treading on any corporating podcasting toes. Baker seems to have his own ideas, though.

The BBC said in a statement: "We are aware of Danny Baker's podcast on wippit.com and are confident that it doesn't use any content from his BBC London 94.9 show.

"As a freelance broadcaster Danny has a range of broadcast and publishing commitments besides his BBC London 94.9 show which we continue to review with Danny to ensure they don't contravene BBC guidelines."

It's a shame about Kay*

*DYSWIDT

Yeah I see what you did there! (YISWYDT).

Interesting reading that quote there. In the podcast, Peter Kay says to Danny at one point "so when are you jumping ship then?" to which he laughs a bit nervously and attempts to change the subject. Does this mean his time at LDN may be coming to a close? Who knows?

chocky909

Gavin

Quote from: "chocky909"O

Hate Your Jokes*

DYSWIDT?

Yes, lovey.

Famous Mortimer

If his show hasn't got any licenced music in it, I don't see what the problem is with podcasting it. Chop out the news and weather, job's a good 'un.

niat

Thought I'd give this thread a bump as I listened to this yesterday and thought it had the most laughs of any podcast I've listened to.

Hope they start doing it regularly as I miss listening to the ramblings of Mr Baker. I used to listen to him on GLR years ago, but since moving up north he's disappeared from my radar. His schtick is exactly as it was all those years ago, and the podcast is all the better for it.

kidsick5000

What happened to David and the Eastern European lady? He was cutoff for Peter Kay.
But yeah, this has to be regular. And soon

Lfbarfe

He seems to be dropping hints on BBC London about jumping ship. The show the other day ended with him and Baylen Leonard saying that no-one could question their loyalty to the show in a way that suggested that they were taking the piss something rotten. Where next, Dan?

Marv Orange

anyone got a direct link? I really dont want to install itunes just for this

Famous Mortimer

Marv Orange

thanks, but i'm not giving another site my email to spam me so thanks THANKS FOR NOTHING

easytarget

Oh for the Lord's sake, point your non-standard, commie podcast player at: http://wippit.com/dannybaker/podcast.xml  

:)

Marv Orange

Paaaaul

Quote from: "easytarget"Oh for the Lord's sake, point your non-standard, commie podcast player at: http://wippit.com/dannybaker/podcast.xml  

:)

Thanks for that.

Beagle 2

I heartily guffawed on the bus to "The guitarist and drummer have just exchanged a look..." on the 'shoot me I'm a session musician' feature. Hope it becomes regular, the only time I get to listen to Baker normally are during times of unemployment when, let's face it, I'm sleeping in.

kidsick5000

GoochDogHigh5s

easytarget

That was ace - more Kwo than I've heard on his LDN show.

I like the idea of this being a daily thing, I'd part with cash to hear more of that - and the idea of him getting back together with Danny Kelly will potentially be the best thing in comedy since Arrested Development was cancelled.

I'm not sure they should do another football show though. Hear me out. For the last month or so I've been listening to the (football) Talk Radio show Baker and Kelly did in about 1998 and it's wonderful. The only problem is (on the ones I'm up to now, about when "3 players and a manager" Joanne phones in for the first time) they'll start talking about when they were journos at the NME: "Yeah, I interviewed  Viv Stanshaw once, couldn't write it up, made me too sad..." and stopping themselves, dragging the conversation back to football and saying "We need and outlet for this". Yes they do! I need to hear more about this stuff.

So: Baker and Kelly back together - yes, Baker and Kelly back together and talking about football AND music - man alive! You couldn't charge me enough for it...

Hmm, I didn't mind the first of these podcasts, but that second one was a struggle to get through. The overall effect of it was like sitting next to a table load of jovial people in a cafe or restaurant, all talking over each other but saying nothing. With 3 years worth of Henry Rollins' outstanding Harmony In My Head show to work through, listening to such boring, trivial waffle seems like a waste of time.

Hypnotoad.

Quote from: "easytarget"For the last month or so I've been listening to the (football) Talk Radio show Baker and Kelly did in about 1998

Is that available for download anywhere?

I've looked on the Internet Treehouse website, but none of the links seem to work

thanks

kidsick5000

Quote from: "Cardinal Tit Storm"Hmm, I didn't mind the first of these podcasts, but that second one was a struggle to get through. The overall effect of it was like sitting next to a table load of jovial people in a cafe or restaurant, all talking over each other but saying nothing. With 3 years worth of Henry Rollins' outstanding Harmony In My Head show to work through, listening to such boring, trivial waffle seems like a waste of time.

He has explained about that on the third one. Apparently he knocked himself out, came to and tried to carry on with the show

Hypnotoad.

I must be missing something here, because I can only see that they've broadcasted 2 podcasts

p.s. any chance David Kuo being dropped after his rather bizarre comments on homosexuality??

Godzilla Bankrolls

I'm afraid I have to be the arse who asks for direct mp3 links. Please!

Uncle TechTip

http://dannybaker.wippit.com/

Two - taken down.mp3, how exciting! Someone grab it in case it's not-to-be-heard rushes or something.

Ben Ordinary

There's three listed on iTunes although the info for 2 and 3 are exactly the same. Havent listened to the 2nd episode yet as I was really unimpressed with the first, despite having a time for Baker. The one I grabbed was 1:12:07, the third one listed is 56:26. Havent gotten that one yet to compare.

Hypnotoad.

Quote from: "Uncle TechTip"http://dannybaker.wippit.com/

Two - taken down.mp3, how exciting! Someone grab it in case it's not-to-be-heard rushes or something.

Ah, I've listened to 1 and 3 then

thanks