Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:24:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DANNY BAKER - All Day Breakfast Show (Podcast)

Started by Beep Cleep Chimney, March 23, 2007, 07:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Lfbarfe on December 12, 2008, 10:43:46 AM
Yesterday's story about Baylen leaving his wallet at home and having to scrounge his tube fare was priceless.

Oh, absolutely. A very funny story, brilliantly told. Baylen's great for that sort of thing - although I don't find Zoe Ball half as annoying as I thought I would, I just can't imagine her sustaining five minutes of radio with an anecdote like that.

Dan's a remarkably generous host, isn't he? The way he's content to sit back from time to time and adopt the role of the disbelieving straight man.

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on December 12, 2008, 10:46:45 AM
He was spot on with the Costanza comparison as well.

Yup, a perfect comparison.

Lfbarfe

Dan's generosity is down to his mantra: be any good. If you make him laugh or think, you're golden. It took me a while to warm to Baylen. I love Amy to shards, but I just thought 'What is it with BBC London and gay Americans?'. However, he's more than earned his place.

kidsick5000

Baylen is unique, even if its just by virtue of the fact that he has done every job going.

Dan just urged his listeners to look at this on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PAUL-ROSS-Print-25x20cm-MirrorPrintStore/dp/B001NQQNXI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1229441948&sr=8-2

Jesus.

Judging by the comments, Paul Ross appears to be thought of as some sort of hilariously ironic cult figure among certain twats people.

Am I missing something?

Tokyo Sexwhale

boxofslice

It's probably one of the most baffling things I've seen. I can't think of any reason as to why you might buy it unless you're a deranged fan like Jed Maxwell.

batwings

dr beat

Just been listening to this week's 606.  Not sure if the trick of bringing in the actual Fraser Digby quite worked - this week's song was good though, as the song with footballers names

Thanks for the reminder (I always forget about his 606 slot) - I'll have to listen to that. That section of the show never fails to make me smile. The My Old Man's a Dustman version has to be the best.

Also, I love how Fraser Digby's Wikipedia entry is padded out with a section on the Fraser Digby's Washbag song... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraser_Digby#Danny_Baker_on_606

dr beat

The Tuesday 606 is a fixture on my Listen Again schedule.  I didn't think this week's was the best, but thats probably more reflective of how great the shows have been getting in the weeks before.

Quote from: dr beat on December 17, 2008, 05:37:44 PM
Not sure if the trick of bringing in the actual Fraser Digby quite worked - this week's song was good though, as the song with footballers names

Just listening to it now. Thought Fraser Digby's involvement worked well, actually. He seemed delighted by the whole thing, didn't he? Plus, his complete inability to sing his own name along with Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang was very funny.

I have no idea who Fraser Digby is, of course, but the fact that he finds these songs hilarious marks him out as a good egg in my book (in my book of eggs).

Dark Poet

Any MP3age of Baker and Ball's last show per chance?

the psyche intangible

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on December 16, 2008, 03:41:02 PM
Dan just urged his listeners to look at this on Amazon...

Judging by the comments, Paul Ross appears to be thought of as some sort of hilariously ironic cult figure among certain twats people.

Am I missing something?

Charlie Brooker broadcast clips of his incredibly cheesy horror story show. Could that be it?

Uncle TechTip

Is it available anywhere you don't have to fuck about signing up to?

Old Thrashbarg

I can upload an MP3 if anyone still wants it. It'll take a couple of hours though.

Lfbarfe

Ooops, am behind with myself this week. I'll hoik it off the hard drive presently.

Uncle TechTip

boxofslice

Tokyo Sexwhale

Does anyone know where I can find all of this seasons Danny Baker 606 shows?

I've got all of them from December to date - but am missing everything from the start of the season up to then.

boxofslice

The rendition yesterday on the afternoon retreat of Subterranean Homsick Blues with product placement was gold.