Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:50:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DANNY BAKER - All Day Breakfast Show (Podcast)

Started by Beep Cleep Chimney, March 23, 2007, 07:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euler

Am I the only person who doesn't find the while "ladies bras" song in the slightest bit entertaining on the podcast?

Ja'moke

Really loved Friday's show. Seemed slightly manic but in a good way. "Dang-dang-diddily-dang-da-dang".

_Hypnotoad_

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 27, 2007, 03:35:27 PM
It's always amusing to hear him lambast his paymasters in an ostensibly light-hearted style, when it's clear that he's actually pretty pissed off.

I really hope that this isn't his last radio show - but it's still a bit rich for the BBC not to invite him to their party, especially as they're advertising the station using his big ol' face on the side of London busses!

EDIT: Ha! This is all very funny. The more I listen to this, the more it's becoming apparent that he doesn't actually give a fuck. He's just using it as an excuse to take the piss out of the station.

Just catching up on this now on "Listen Again" at BBC Londons website

He just stopped a trailer for the Jo Goode show saying "nah sod it, she never told me that the party was on last night, I don't think we should play that"

:)

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Can anyone remember on which podcast he told the "Gorrrn!" story about how his Dad informed him of Marc Bolan's death?

Godzilla Bankrolls

Christ, I thought someone said wippit had sorted their downloads out? Transfer rate 5kbps!

If anyone could encode that BBC show from yesterday it would be nice.

Uncle TechTip

euler

Any way I can listen to the Radio London show on the internet without listening to all the musical padding?  The media player only has a +5 minutes button and no rewind button as far as I can see.

Uncle TechTip

Friday's BBC show in mp3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/un6m5u

Euler, this is your best bet for skipping the music.

euler

hmmm - he did seem rather miffed about not being invited to the station's party, didn't he.

Has anyone managed to succesfully download today's show from either Wippit or itunes? I've tried the former twice, and both times it took about half an hour to download 25% of the show. And itunes don't seem to be hosting the latest show, even though a link appears on the ADBS website.

This. Is. Driving. Me. Fucking. Nuts.

DuncanC

I would pay 2 quid a week for the show itself - but I really, really don't look forward to having to deal with (and subsidise) Wippit's endless shittiness. I bet it's no better when you're a paying customer.

Now 1 hour, 15 mins downloading today's show from Wippit at 2.50KB. And it's still not done. Sorry to keep complaining, but, y'know...

Should hopefully be done just before bed-time.

EDIT: and does anyone have any idea why the Google Reader subscriptions don't work anymore? It's getting to the point where there is literally no way to get hold of these podcasts.

Uncle TechTip

Heh, I grabbed it at work not long after it appeared, I guess... I didn't have my cable though so I went home and now I can't get it. The dannybaker.wippit is completely broke, is the iTunes entry dependent on the RSS feed? The main Wippit site is comuing up but terribly slowly. Sonny Baker, if you're reading this or you like to search Google, this needs to be fixed now or the 2 quid capers will turn sour pretty quick.

EDIT: It's a whopping 36min and 10MB, Dan getting ready for his hols?! Heheh.

euler

I've never had a problem downloading from iTunes ; if the only option to download when it "goes colour" is from Wippit, then I dont think I will bother, if the stories of woe going on here are anything to go by.

36 minutes ; shortest podcast yet.  I wouldn't really be willing to pay for 5 podcasts a week if they're going to end up 30 minites each.

Phil_A

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 30, 2007, 08:48:45 PM
Now 1 hour, 15 mins downloading today's show from Wippit at 2.50KB. And it's still not done. Sorry to keep complaining, but, y'know...

Should hopefully be done just before bed-time.

EDIT: and does anyone have any idea why the Google Reader subscriptions don't work anymore? It's getting to the point where there is literally no way to get hold of these podcasts.

I found it started working again once I renewed my Google Reader subscription. I've had to do this twice so far.

Thanks Phil. Incidentally, did you ever get your Willy Wonka DVD? Dan did mention it again in a subsequent show.

DuncanC

They're sponsored by a £20 MP3 re-encoder? What next, a program to stop your computer from broadcasting an IP address, with a free Bonzi Buddy?

Startling clip of a young punk-ified Danny here:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eONlyVMemco[/youtube]

About 5 minutes in. Giving it some bolshy proletariat gob, as you might reasonably expect.

And yes, as he has recently claimed to some derision, he does look a bit like David Essex.

euler

Quote from: DuncanC on July 30, 2007, 11:11:13 PM
They're sponsored by a £20 MP3 re-encoder? What next, a program to stop your computer from broadcasting an IP address, with a free Bonzi Buddy?

And here is a not so complimentary review of ShrinkMyTunes

http://labs.pcw.co.uk/2007/07/journalists-pas.html

kidsick5000

Quote from: euler on July 28, 2007, 11:07:04 PM
hmmm - he did seem rather miffed about not being invited to the station's party, didn't he.

Justifiably so, I reckon. It seems like a very petty move by the station

ozziechef

Quote from: euler on July 30, 2007, 09:27:12 PM

36 minutes ; shortest podcast yet.  I wouldn't really be willing to pay for 5 podcasts a week if they're going to end up 30 minites each.

Danny said, once "it goes colour" it'll be a guaranteed hour every day.

I'm going to wait for the verdict before shelling out on this I think.

Phil_A

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 30, 2007, 10:49:20 PM
Thanks Phil. Incidentally, did you ever get your Willy Wonka DVD? Dan did mention it again in a subsequent show.

Nope!

Phil_A

They have finally given me my album giveaway choice, though(cheers, Sonny) - Bowie's "Low", which coincidentally I've just bought from a record stall for 50p!

Ja'moke

So is that it for the free podcasts then, has Danny gone on holiday now?

euler

Looks like it - I'll shell out for a couple of weeks when it comes back in colour to see what it's like ; but if we're not getting a full set of five 1-hour podcasts a week for that, I might drop it.

batwings

There should be a new podcast Wednesday, according to Paul from Wippit.

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 31, 2007, 10:54:14 PM
So is that it for the free podcasts then, has Danny gone on holiday now?

Nah, don't think so. He's been complaining about being ill these last few days, so probably just took a day off.

Baylen guest-hosted his BBC London show today and said as much.

Lfbarfe

Baker was developing a cold yesterday, and was a no-show on BBC London today. I don't think he's on hols just yet.

Ja'moke

Ah okay, thanks for that. Like others I'll probably subscribe for a couple of weeks when it goes to £2 a week just to see if it's worth it.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a new podcast today, seeing as Gary bloody Crowley is sitting in for Dan again on the BBC London show.

Get well soon, Candyman...

EDIT: Bloody Hell, is anybody listening to this? Baylen tells a story about being refused a sandwich in Pret, and then says:

BAYLEN: Has anything like that ever happened to you?

CROWLEY: No.

Quality radio, that. If Baker had been in the hotseat, he doubtless would've responded with a related anecdote of his own, prompting much hilarity and nonsense. I guess having a guest-host in just serves to remind you what a brilliant broadcaster Baker is.