Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Weed

Started by Sam, March 30, 2007, 10:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

The all purpose thread for stoners.

Do you smoke weed? Pipe, joints or bongs? How much do you spend a week or month? What do you do when you smoke? Who do you smoke with? Where do you smoke? How long have you been smoking for? How much have you spent on weed in your life? etc

I smoke joints mostly, occasionaly bongs. A pipe once in a blue moon. I spend about £25-50 a week when I'm in a smoking phase. I only smoke once a month for about a week. I listen to music and watch films when I'm stoned. I also enjoy a spliff before the pub. My favourite is to go for long walks aroud town, the beach and the cliffs at night with my best mate. I smoke with others mostly but often have a joint before bed on my own. I smoke outside by house on the patio, on the cliffs, by the sea, and in mates' houses. I've been smoking for 4 years and it's never done me any harm. It's a brilliant drug. Perfect for living by the sea as I do.

I've probably spent about 5-10 grand on weed in my life.

Many people will think I'm sad. Oh well, any other stoners want to chip in and answers the above questions?

Huzzie

Smokinnnn' is bad for your health
but if you wanna do it it's up to yourself
Listennnn to what I say
cause if you smoke you'll get decay!

Chorus

You should not smoke
you should not drink
the only thing that smoking does is make you stink.

~~Fin~~

That was part of my "rap" for an anti smoking contest in first year.

I didn't win.

micanio

I smoke all the time. The only time I don't is when I'm at work. Smoke joints mainly. I don't like bongs and shit like that (I had a bad experience with a lung once.....). Been smoking for ten years this year (bar a 2 year enforced break - I lost it a bit....).

I love smoking weed but I need to think about stopping soon.... Its getting pricey (about £40 a week...) and I'm getting to that age when I'm starting to feel it more in the morning.

[/skins up]

Huzzie

Quote from: "micanio"
I love smoking weed but I need to think about stopping soon.... Its getting pricey (about £40 a week...) and I'm getting to that age when I'm starting to feel it more in the morning.

[/skins up]
£40 a week? That's a pathetic drug habit!

P K Duck

Used to smoke it a lot on holiday, out of the country. Not so much because of fear of prosecution back home, just more like I would've ended up stoned almost every night of the week without the self-imposed restriction at the time.

Generally smoke joints, although water bongs are pretty cool too but with that added problem of not having a choking cut-off point, and so ending up floored way too early in the evening.

These days don't have more than a few drags even on holiday,  just enough to shift perception pleasantly. Tend to give it a miss since quitting tobacco to be honest. Plus these days we've found other non-drug things that replicate the shift.

I can sincerely say that it was worth the £40 odd quid a week in the good old days. There's no other drug that consistently gives such positive results to such minimal unwanted side-effects. Even talking bollocks high on dope (possibly the most obvious unwanted side-effect for people around you) beats drunken rambling or cocaine blustering. Plus, I think it makes a place smell nicer, much better than fag smoke does, anyway.

I think God must punish some people by making them allergic to the stuff, you know, the one-puff-and-I-killed-my-brother-don't-do-drugs types. In some ways the hysteria that surrounds dope is actually beneficial. I certainly would never have started without the constant media roll-over coverage of every single negative story reminding me that it was about time I found out for myself what all the fuss was about.

Neil

THIS IS LIKE TORTURE.

butnut

Quote from: "Neil"THIS IS LIKE TORTURE.

You're not meant to put the burning joint there, silly!

Sorry

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Yeah. Quit bogarting your stash and pass it over this way.

Blumf

It's all so confusing this marrow-dew-rama stuff. I mean, why'd you want to smoke a skunk and isn't resin used for varnishing posh furniture?

Somebody explain all this variety please.

Dusty Gozongas

I don't smoke pot. And so is my wife.

Big Jack McBastard

I have a wee pipe, it's quite sufficient and wastes nothing, unlike joints which are a criminal waste of the herb.

Often a bowl or two on a daily basis, unless my best mate is kicking about, in which case it could ramp up, but my purchases are fairly infrequent.

I'm eternally amused and bemused by the scare tactics used by the papers, talk about cart before the horse journalism:

Cannabis Killer! [screams the headline]

Then just a scant line or two later you find out they're either obsessed with knives, mutilate animals for a laugh, hear 'demonic' voices and have one of the largest collections of horror flicks in the country...... hmmm perhaps, just maybe and I'm going on a limb here..... they were going to go fucking batshit anyway.

I've smoked for about 10 years, no ill effects, no dead girlfriends, family members or pets lost to anything other than natural causes and the occasional car.

So if you're a mental and smoke interesting things, it's possible the insanity might get a bit worse.

A Passing Turk Slipper

I smoke a little bit and have done since maybe 5th year of high school, haven't ever bought very much at all regularly though, normally because I can't afford it or because I'm feeling particularly fit and healthy. I like it for a few reasons, firstly it's the enhancement thing, I love music and anything that helps me appreciate it more is a good thing. It doesn't work for movies for me though, I really spectacularly can't get the tone of a film when I'm high (even what genre it is confuses me) and couldn't tell you anything about the film the next day, it makes me pretty intolerant of even slightly shit films as well. The main reason I smoke though is just because I love it as a way of spending time with your friends and having a laugh. I only ever smoke with other people. I love getting in from the pub and just having a smoke and a laugh, or being at a party when everythings dying down and a few people are just having a smoke and chatting by a window or wherever. There's a connection between you and the people you are smoking with that's really great. I can't stand people that talk about getting stoned while getting stoned or just go on about it at all, which is why I'm wary of writing a post like this. I think it can screw you up and I've got a few friends who just aren't the people they were when I knew them in school because they've enjoyed it a little too much. Basically I see getting high as a means to an end, it's not about 'being wasted' for me, I get high so I can enjoy other things and spend time with friends. I'll probably think twice about posting this and edit it because I'm weird like that.

Huzzie

A wee bong would surely work better.

Ciarán2

Does anyone find the smell of second hand pot smoke strangely alluring? Or do you think it's as revolting as cigarette smoke? Even I who hate smoking don't mind someone smoking a spliff nearby. Suppose it's got less tobacco content though. To be honest I'm a bit anti-drugs really. Having spent a few years on med, I'm hardly likely to want to add more drugs to the chaos. E was the big thing to take when I was young but I never bothered. Perhaps I missed out on a brill aspect of youth culture or experience.  All the same, I'd worry about side effects and overdose and so on.  Really don't want to put myself under that kind of extra mental pressure. A lot of my friends smoke hash regularly but none of them seem to overdo it. None of them are mad paranoid freaks or anything. Once in a while they'll admit to wanting to give it up for a while. I suppose it must cost a heck of a lot of money if it's a regular habit. Another reason to not get involved in it, for me! Nice pint of milk before bed-time, that's my drug.  Or some Horlicks. Tasty stuff. Great for getting you off to sleep. Even though it's 4.15 am as I type this. Time to hit the sack and stop wittering on about drugs which I only have second hand experience of. Tomorrow I'll post about what it's like to spacewalk or something. Over and out. Yes. Ordinarily I would be asleep by this time. Under the influence of hash is it harder to sleep?

Cack Hen

Thanks, you just broke my brain.

abbot lau

Quote from: "Huzzie"WEE PIPE!!!!

http://www.smart-smoking.de/e/set_intro.html

Quite simply, the best pipe I have ever owned. It's German made and you can't seem to get them in the UK (I got mine on the continent).
It contains a little replaceable charcoal filter which makes the smoke extremely smooth. The filter manages to trap the tar and let the THC through.

thewomb

One weekend a month.

I really hope this is the weekend.

Small Man Big Horse

Quoteand I'm getting to that age when I'm starting to feel it more in the morning
I've found that lately, it's really annoying. One of the things I used to love about weed was that you could get pretty fucked the night before but feel okay the next morning. Now if I have a few friends over and we go for it a bit, the next day I feel shite, sleepy and even slightly disorientated still. It can be okay if I get a big sleep in, but that happens only half the time, which is why I've cut back a lot recently.

It's odd that some people don't seem to suffer from this as well. My Sister smokes far more than me but doesn't suffer from this at all. Which just isn't fair.

Edit: Ciaran, I've found from time to time that I've had the odd paranoid thought, but generally quickly dismiss it as my stoned mind being evil.

Bingo Fury

As for me, I think I'm reaching the end of a relationship with the weed that goes back nearly a quarter of a century. But to address the questions at the top of the page first:

I like it in a joint as I've come to associate the inhalation of the substance and the tobacco so closely that a toke on a pipe just isn't as satisfying. Nicotine junkie, I know.

For most of my dope-smoking career, it's been resin, but of course grass has become so much more prevalent over the last few years, so I'm just as likely, if not more, to land a bag of that. I have to be a lot cannier with grass, though, after finding myself curled up in a foetal position waiting for an imminent heart attack one time too many.

The amount I spend on the stuff is minuscule, really. Although I've been a regular toker for that huge length of time, supply has nearly always been a problem, and I'm a bit careful with me cash too, like, so I've only bought small amounts, at varying intervals. However, when I've got a bit in, I feel compelled to have a toke every night till it's used up.

I've always been a bit of a homebody, dope being something that was smoked for chilling-out purposes in the confines of my, or somebody else's, home, rather than being a prelude to a night out on the town. It's almost always been a post-prandial thing for me too, as I'm a tender little flower who finds it hard to deal with things like incoming phone calls, shopping, door-to-door salesmen and work-related daytime stuff when I'm stoned. Put like that, it probably looks amazing that I've stuck with it so long.

I've always liked it as an enhancer of music and films, or even just watching a mundane evening's schedule of telly programming, or for a few hours on the computer, especially when I was going through a phase of making weird ambient music on my PC. When I've had housework to do, I've often had a spliff beforehand to make the chores seem a bit more inviting. Oh, and walking home at night is a favourite chill-out experience.

But the other week I thought, while lying on my bed watching a DVD, "The only effect this spliff has had on me is to make me lethargic. It's not accompanied by any feelings of excitement, the film itself hasn't been enhanced, there's no actual kick." And how long has it been since I've had the giggles, or just felt fucking thrilled or in awe of something or been blown away by a piece of music when I've been stoned? The experience now is very different to what it was when I was younger, even though the actual substance is now more powerful. And it's rarer now for me to actually do the things that I've been looking forward to do while stoned - y'know, "I've got x and y to do this evening, but I'll have a joint first and it'll be more fun then." More often, I'll just end up slumped in front of a favourite old video instead, without the energy to do anything else.

Also on the minus side, I'm still prone to mild paranoia once in a while (though that's thankfully very rare now) and that awful drying-up of the speech centres which makes me a rubbish conversationalist after a spliff or two. Once upon a time, it seemed worthwhile putting up with that for the intense highs, but now they've levelled out into a sort of bland, lethargic state, it hardly seems worth it.

So I think the end is in sight, which would also mean ridding my life of tobacco, since my last reason for smoking it would be gone, hallelujah. There's still the nagging temptation to buy a bit and have one last blow-out to see if everything I've said above still holds true. But I know that after that I'd feel tempted to make the one after that the final blow-out instead, ad infinitum.

Me sober = other people stoned. Don't need the stuff.

Drink on the other hand...

I've smoked for about 15 years. When I first started I was about 14, and it was truly a magical thing. We used to try all kinds of crazy methods of inhaling; bongs, buckets, mouses, hot tongs etc, and the whole ritual was really fresh and exciting. Now though it is a mundane chore. I smoke only joints now and I find it a bit of a pain to skin up at times. The effects, the giggles, the drunken chat, are long gone. Now it's just a slight dulling in my head, that I feel I need daily otherwise I'm too sharp and straight to sleep. I often wake up with a hang over from it, have become fairly lethargic and demotivated, and like someone above mentioned I cannot hold a decent conversation. I get a bit nervous and stumble and stutter over my words, not being able to string together a coherent sentence much of the time. Paranoia is a problem also, which makes me lonely.
Also, I find the quality of gear quite terrible nowadays. It may be stronger, but it isn't as clean and tasty as it used to be. And the cost can be a bugger.
But despite all this, I still do it as a matter of course. Addicted? Possibly. But I think it is more of a routine I've grown up with and am afraid of breaking from, like an abused spouse who can't pluck up the courage to leave their partner.
On the plus side, everybody needs a crux, an escape from the pressures of life, and the vice I have chosen is far less damaging than many. So I shall probably continue to be a smoker, and try a bit of gardening this year, and see how I go from there.

People always said I'd grow out of it and unfortunately they were right, but not quite for the reasons they expected. I'd love to still be smoking and enjoying it like I used to, but I'm already at the point where I can't really have more than one joint a night or I'll just feel sick - it actually makes my body feel worse, which is totally bizarre considering it's meant to be a pain-relief.

Have been considering quitting entirely for a while but you know how it is when you've got friends who haven't reached that point yet - if you hang out they're almost certain to want to smoke up but they don't want the whole thing to themselves so a'smoke you do.

Similarly, my preference for how it's smoked has changed over the years too. Early on, I could do bong after bong and just veg out for a while but a few years ago I had a fucking horrible experience after a bong of sitting in a bathroom for about 45 minutes twitching and thinking I was actually losing my mind and haven't really touched one since. Blunts were popular for a while but I keep coming back to joints really.

hencole

Quote from: "solidified gruel merchant"I've smoked for about 15 years. When I first started I was about 14, and it was truly a magical thing. We used to try all kinds of crazy methods of inhaling; bongs, buckets, mouses, hot tongs etc, and the whole ritual was really fresh and exciting. Now though it is a mundane chore. I smoke only joints now and I find it a bit of a pain to skin up at times. The effects, the giggles, the drunken chat, are long gone. Now it's just a slight dulling in my head, that I feel I need daily otherwise I'm too sharp and straight to sleep. I often wake up with a hang over from it, have become fairly lethargic and demotivated, and like someone above mentioned I cannot hold a decent conversation. I get a bit nervous and stumble and stutter over my words, not being able to string together a coherent sentence much of the time. Paranoia is a problem also, which makes me lonely.
Also, I find the quality of gear quite terrible nowadays. It may be stronger, but it isn't as clean and tasty as it used to be. And the cost can be a bugger.
But despite all this, I still do it as a matter of course. Addicted? Possibly. But I think it is more of a routine I've grown up with and am afraid of breaking from, like an abused spouse who can't pluck up the courage to leave their partner.
On the plus side, everybody needs a crux, an escape from the pressures of life, and the vice I have chosen is far less damaging than many. So I shall probably continue to be a smoker, and try a bit of gardening this year, and see how I go from there.

This is the truth. As a friend pointed out to me the other week 'smoking weed just makes boring things less boring.'

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotewhen I was going through a phase of making weird ambient music on my PC

Links plz!

Bingo Fury

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"
Quotewhen I was going through a phase of making weird ambient music on my PC

Links plz!

Hah! Nothing online anymore ... at least, I don't think there is. But I've got about a CD's worth of stuff that I considered worth letting other people hear. Thought about uploading a few tracks onto Myspace, but it looked like you had to convert your page into a Musicians page to be able to do that, and my intention for joining Myspace had been quite different.

That whole side of things is on hold at the moment, because when I upgraded to this super-duper computer I now use, the soundcard was totally incompatible with the music software. Still, once I've got a replacement, I'll have had a nice long break, which hopefully will result in a burst of creativity.

Actually, if you suggest a site I could upload them to, I could make a few mp3s available. And, yes, considering the thread title, a lot of it was stoner-orientated stuff.

Tom Tortoise

Quote from: "hencole"This is the truth. As a friend pointed out to me the other week 'smoking weed just makes boring things less boring.'

Or interesting things more interesting. I only smoke occasionally but I enjoy it the most when I put on a new album or three and just listen to the music with weed. In fact, some of my fondest memories are of listening to music through the night with close friends and smoking.

The paranoia side-effects that occassionally come with it is definately a negative aspect though.

Big Jack McBastard

I remember writing a physics assignment when I was caned once, boring everyday physics at that, but I was riveted once I got going, passed it too which was a nice suprise.

Sam

I've just scored an eighth of tasty green. It's mong time. Any whores out there care to join me?

BadLieutenant

I'm rolling one as I write this. Ah, happy days.