Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:59:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Weed

Started by Sam, March 30, 2007, 10:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

Be careful lads, you're making the drinkers sneer.

(Not a single toke tonight. I am a good boy.)

Small Man Big Horse

I'm one down, three or four to go tonight. I'm sure it made that final episode of Life on Mars far more enjoyable than it had any right to be.

Sherringford Hovis

I love cannabis. Or rather, I loved cannabis. Sativa, Indica, even Ruderalis, whether in the form of ditch weed, low quality homegrown, organic outdoor plant or chemically forced hydroponic; pressed, processed, nederhash or diesel, soap bar or temple ball.

Unfortunately, getting stoned five nights out of seven with the same beautiful young lady for the best part of a decade means that every time I have more than three puffs on a reefer these days, just the anticipation of the impending high makes me curl up tight like a potted shrimp in spiced butter and cry for about five hours straight because she's not there to share it with me.

Damn you to hell, little bunny. I just want to be able to occasionally toke it up again without seeing your gurning ghost mocking me, smiling through the smoke. I can't even bring myself to care that you couldn't even be bothered to send me a birthday card this year, but was it not enough for you to rip my heart from my chest and stomp it into a zillion pieces, without just the memory of you denying me the enjoyment of inhaling Shiva's wisdom as well?

pandadeath

Most mesmerizing thing to see when stoned is the video for "Treetops" by Black Dice. Or any of Ara Peterson's work, actually.

Sovereign

I love smoking weed, absolutely love it. I've been smoking it for 8 years and have yet to go mad or have any of the bad experiences a lot of people have mentioned.  I never intend on quitting, and I still get the same giddy pleasure whenever I tease the first few pulls on a nice fat skunk spliff that I did back in the day. I'd have honestly thought I'd have got bored of it by now, but lo and behold here I am in my early 20's smoking just as I did in my early teens.

I hope I have some sort of mental breakdown coz of it otherwise I'm gonna feel left out, 40 years old still smoking the 'erb without my tales of despair and degradation to tell with all the other recovering ex-stoners at the bar.

Sam

Does anyone find that smoking a lot of weed gives them the shits the next day? This never used to happen to me, not matter how much I smoked, but recently all it takes is a joint or two and I'm running to the bathroom every 5 mins. Most annoying.

Small Man Big Horse

Ah, no, shits wise I'm fine. Sounds horrible though, maybe it's a bad batch? Or someone's sprinkling laxatives in your food and it's completely unrelated?

Btw, Sherringford, that story's heartbreaking, I'm really sorry to hear that.

Crest1570

Quote from: "Bingo Fury"Also on the minus side, I'm still prone to mild paranoia once in a while (though that's thankfully very rare now) and that awful drying-up of the speech centres which makes me a rubbish conversationalist after a spliff or two.  

I used to find that, but I smoke it without tobacco now and the paranoia isn't half as bad - I think the tobacco made me a bit tense. The only thing is it can be easy to overdo it, because my girlfriend and I share little one-rizla spliffs with no tobacco, so it's easy to smoke a lot too quickly.

I've got a couple of horror stories about people who went a bit mental and were heavy tokers. I'm sure that they were prone to it in the first place, but the smoking didn't help, imo. Drugs affect people very differently - which seems obvious as I type it, but so many people don't seem to get it.

I have a problem with supply as well. I don't smoke enough to cultivate a relationship with a dealer, so it can be hard to come by.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "Sovereign"I'd have honestly thought I'd have got bored of it by now, but lo and behold here I am in my early 20's smoking just as I did in my early teens.

Shit, early teens? Don't want to sound patronising, but that sounds a bit worrying to me â€" 'tests have shown' etc. I've always been practically smug about the fact that I never touched the stuff until I was 20 â€" the teen years were for cider and scotch and the like (I don't do the getting drunk thing at all anymore, dope is my poison and hopefully always will be).
Thing is though, every human being has different tolerance levels and so on, so hopefully you're fine. I'm glad I never smoked weed in my teens, but all the best to you if that length of use hasn't affected you.

Sam

I just smoked a fat joint and had an hour long chat with one of my lecturers about Stravinsky, Henri Michaux, Claude-Levi Strauss, Julian Baggini, Terry Eagleton; South Indian Carnatic Music; The Metaphors We Live By, Charlie Parker; Meshuggah; Jonah Hellborg, Shawn Lane; Ravel.

Awesome.

Time for another joint.

buntyman

This thread is in dire need of some sarcastic comments and piss taking. I would myself but i'm struggling to use the keyboard with all the pink elephants and leprechauns getting in the way. Ahhhh The Chronic.

mrpants

Quote from: "Sam"I just smoked a fat joint and had an hour long chat with one of my lecturers about Stravinsky, Henri Michaux, Claude-Levi Strauss, Julian Baggini, Terry Eagleton; South Indian Carnatic Music; The Metaphors We Live By, Charlie Parker; Meshuggah; Jonah Hellborg, Shawn Lane; Ravel.

Poor guy - probably just wanted to get home for some dinner, but instead was accosted by a stoned student shouting long names at him.

Sam

Nah he's a great lecturer, always up for a chat with students. I'm something of his favourite pupil.

Uncle TechTip

And does he spark up with you? Cool, man!

sproggy

Quote from: "Sam"I'm something of his favourite pupil.

Hmmm.  Doesn't keep a tin of Brasso in his desk drawer perchance does he?

Sam

Quote from: "Uncle TechTip"And does he spark up with you? Cool, man!

No. That was probably misleading as it made it sound like he had smoked with me too. I just talked to him after I had been smoking.

StuartGranger

I love marijuana.

It is superb for ideas and flights of fancy, make of that what you will. There will be those who would state, 'yeah, but everything you've ever done has been shit'.

That is there opinion. Sometimes, not often, I will go back and read stuff I've written while 'doobied', sometimes I am embarassed, other times amazed, but that's just me.

It really can trigger odd parts of the brain, also of all the drugs I've tried it is the most inspiring. Besides ciggies and booze it is the only drug I dabble with,..except the occasional legal high.

www.kingbong.com

It is also quite superb whilst listening to music, but we already knew that.
Doobie + Lateralus = The Win.

Like any drug, excessive use will turn you into a mong. I haven't had a smoke in several weeks..why? Because I can't seem to get hold of any. Before that I had a good couple of weeks. Before that, it had been an few months.

Having an addictive personality I dry-out from time to time, it's the best way. If I didn't, t'would be the end of me.

I have smoked it for several years,..on and off about six. I would not classify myself as a 'heavy smoker', I smoke cigarettes like a chimney, but that doesn't count. When I'm really into it I'll probably smoke an eighth a week, not heavy at all compared to some folks.

I usually do this for a month or so, then gradually get bored and go back to booze, and the odd spliff, then just the booze. Then I get the hunger for the green and rinse, and repeat.

Another down side would be 'da munchies', Christ almighty, the amount I can eat while stoned is truly shocking. But cereal is your friend and will stop you turning into a chubby bloater.

So, that's about it, a great lubricant for the creative process, but like most things in life, achieving a healthy balance is key.

In summary, tis the best of all the drugs.

And yes, it should be decriminalized.

mothman

Not weed per se, but it amuses me to post this here. Anyone know where I can get a plant, whatever it may be called, that produces curry leaves?

Perhaps I should try to find the DG Kitchen thread.

mothman

More than likely, yes. Thanks!

mook

Quote from: "sick as a pike"This?

I think that's the one that just smells like curry, not even nice curry either more like the stuff your Gran would make.

Try this link mothman.

http://www.plantcultures.org.uk/plants/curry_leaf_grow_it.html

mothman

Even better. Thanks mook!

Jemble Fred

It's been a long, busy, well-behaved week off the weed, but I actually feel I need it medicinally right now. Whole afternoon forced out into the sun, and my brain's fizzing with sunstroke. And the oddest thing is, it's just left me feelign INCREDIBLY FUCKING ANGRY.

Just generally. Very odd feeling. So I'd better chill out one way or another, so... Spark up time. Happy weekend all.

Neil

Still nowt over here, the "drought" has been on-going for about 2 or 3 years now.  FFS!  Bring back The Troubles, I have design work to do on CaB!!

sproggy

Quote from: "Neil""drought"

Suttonpubcrawl

So what is that sproglette, is it the kind of bulb you need to grow stuff indoors?

sproggy

No flies on you SPC, sharp as a tack.

daisy11

Quote from: "Neil"Still nowt over here, the "drought" has been on-going for about 2 or 3 years now.  FFS!  Bring back The Troubles, I have design work to do on CaB!!

What you do is get some seeds from quality grass, grow them to a sturdy 10 inch size, harden them off outside if possible then go plant them in a secret place but not on land you're accountable for in any way.  The best place is wildly overgrown, sheltered, south-facing on a river/stream bank. It really does grow like a weed, and will be the size of rose bay willow herb or hogweed or digitalis quite soon.
I shouldn't encourage people as I don't think THC is a harmless drug.  I forget most of my organic chemistry but it has the basic structure of a steroid doesn't it?  Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.  It takes ages to leave the body but everything in moderation and if you enjoy it ...  I don't smoke but I do love wine so I would be upset if this pleasure was denied.
Should I have pm'd this advice.

sproggy

Hmmm... Takes a bit of effort that though dunnit.

daisy11

Quote from: "sproglette"Hmmm... Takes a bit of effort that though dunnit.

ha, very good, just don't smoke before doing it.  It works I assure you, and the near water location is v v important as you just abandon it for a couple of months.  I should have said that I no longer smoke.  If you have a lovely private garden, preferably walled, and with a pond, then you're literally laughing.