Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:46:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Weed

Started by Sam, March 30, 2007, 10:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sproggy

I reckon it should be legal to allow individuals to grow one or two plants for their own consumption (they used to allow people to grow their own tobacco plants if they bought a license)  It's the greedy twats who set up farms in lofts and swimming pools for profit who are ruining it for us honest homegrowers who aren't in it for the money.

Growing on waste ground is risky because you could lose your whole crop if some chav twat gets lucky.

Neil, pull your finger out, no-one's going to quench your thirst for you :-)

daisy11

Quote from: "sproglette"I reckon it should be legal to allow individuals to grow one or two plants for their own consumption (they used to allow people to grow their own tobacco plants if they bought a license)  It's the greedy twats who set up farms in lofts and swimming pools for profit who are ruining it for us honest homegrowers who aren't in it for the money.

Growing on waste ground is risky because you could lose your whole crop if some chav twat gets lucky.

Neil, pull your finger out, no-one's going to quench your thirst for you :-)

Lose what really?  A few seeds you stopped from popping while smoking grass and then planted with a little TLC.  No chav would probably ever be near the plants as they don't explore the countryside or hillwalk, eg,  I wasn't recommending planting in Hackney Marshes.  Sorry, i don't know where you live but I was referring to rural areas, even if you're a city-dweller like myself you can always take a daytrip. Or have friends/relatives in the countryside.  Best scenario is to have a house/mansion with acres of private land and enthusiastic, sympathetic scientists for advice.
I thought they'd have legalised it, or at least decriminalised it by now, but the taxation of it is problematic so it's deemed illegal.

sproggy

Quote from: "daisy11"but the taxation of it is problematic so it's deemed illegal.

Taxation of tobacco & alcohol doesn't seem to present too many problems though does it?

daisy11

Quote from: "sproglette"
Quote from: "daisy11"but the taxation of it is problematic so it's deemed illegal.

Taxation of tobacco & alcohol doesn't seem to present too many problems though does it?

Yes, very true but perhaps when they approved the legal suppliers of these drugs it made it easier for the government to control. Home brewing?  I couldn't be bothered but yes, I do know people who take the time/effort to do so.  Growing grass would be a dawdle for me but doesn't appeal as it's currently illegal and I no longer smoke.  Tobacco?  I'm not sure but certainly thought this would be harder to grow than cannabis but that's because I studied the genetics of its diseases at one point and it's more delicate than sativa.

There is the argument that the need to tax is due to the State picking up the pieces of the adverse health effects of a psycho-active drug if it's abused.  I'd like to believe this,  rather than the government is generating lots of revenue by heavily taxing its stressed and unhappy population who have an overwhelming urge to use alcohol or any drug to anaesthetise themselves, thus preventing any constructive action against the goverment's policies and introduction of new laws.  Eeek, i didn't think I was political.