Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:11:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Divine Comedy Album 29/03/04

Started by Macerate and Petrify, March 26, 2004, 08:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macerate and Petrify

Just a reminder, y'know.

I heard the new single on the radio yesterday and I think its rather good. Hopefully this will be better than Regeneration, which wasn't awful, but wasn't a worthy follow up to Fin de Siecle. Also apparently there are some live dates coming up which I hadn't seen before.

QuoteLiverpool - Royal Court Theatre
Sunday 25th April
Tickets £15

Box office details are:tel: 0151 709 4321, www.royalcourttheatre.net Wayahead: 01159 129000, Piccadilly: 0161 832 1111, Tickets on sale Friday 20th Feb.

London - Palladium
Monday 26th April
Tickets £17.50

Box office details are: tel: 020 7494 5409, Credit Card Hotline: 0207 287 0932, Wayahead: 0207 403 3331, Stargreen: 0207 734 8932 www.gigsandtours.com
Tickets on sale Friday 20th Feb.

Edinburgh ? Usher Hall
Tuesday 27th April
Tickets £16.50

Box Office details are: venue tel: 0131 228 1155, www.usherhall.co.uk, www.scotland.ticketmaster.co.uk, Ripping Records and Tickets Scotland. Queens Hall, Edinburgh also sells tickets for Usher Hall. For details ring 0131 668 2019 or visit www.queenshalledinburgh.co.uk
Tickets are on sale now.

Paris ? Le Grand Rex
Thursday 29th April
Tickets ?29 + 3.5 booking fees.

Box Office website http://www.legrandrex.com then click on 'evenements', Fnac - www.fnac.com phone: 0892 68 36 22 Phone: +33 1 49 87 50 50 from abroad, Ticket Net: www.ticketnet.fr
Tickets are on sale now.

Dublin - Gaiety
Sunday 2nd May
Tickets ?30 / ?27.50 + booking fee

Box office details are: tel: (01) 677 1717, Ticketmaster 24hr credit card line: 0818 719 300, www.ticketmaster.ie
Tickets on sale Monday 1st March.

no_offenc

Eeeeeeexcellent.  My girlfriend recently lent me an album of theirs.  I actually really like em now, which is shocking as most of the stuff she listens to isn't really to my tastes, like.

TDC are class.

hoverdonkey

Marvellous. After hearing the new single I went back and listened to Casanova and Fin de Siecle and was reminded how great they are.

The lyrics never tire on me.

fanny splendid

Absent friends?

I borrowed that from the internet library last night. I didn't realise that it was the new record. I was guessing that they must have released something after Fin de Siecle, and I thought this was it. Regeneration eh? I'll have to look that up.

So far, it's not a grabber. I'll have to give it a couple more listens.

hands cold, liver warm

regeneration was great, mile better than the a-bit-too-overblown fin de siecle. The rockier stuff on regeneration worked really well and it should have put him in the mainstream. I hope the new stuff is more like that than his earlier pop stuff. As great as casanova was, that seam has been well and truly mined.

peterperv

I got Absent Friends about a week ago, and it's really growing on me. The stand-out tracks so far are Come Home Billy Bird (the single), My Imaginary Friend and "Our Mutual Friend" - although Sticks And Stones is bo, too.

El Unicornio, mang

I remember quite liking their first single, but then got gradually more annoyed by them, especially when I heard that song with the awful "comedy line"..."It's hard to get by when your arse is the size of a small country"

Not a fan of comedy music at all. Still like "My Lovely Horse" though

no_offenc

I've only got "Promenade" on my PC, thanks to the girlf........divine stuff tho.

*bdum tish*

bit late that boys.

butnut

Jemble Fred

Fin De Siecle's great, but it's far duller than Regeneration, which is a classic album just for containing 'Bad Ambassador', one of the best songs ever comed up with by any man or lady. Second only to 'Songs Of Love' in Hannon's songbook.

mr rou-rou

I recently bought the CD single for Bad Ambassador just to get the video file off it, the strange bigfoot chap in a top hat falls in love with hubba hubba roller girl, I'll be in the soulseek room if you want it on the trickle trickle.

I like the stuff I've heard, from Fin De Siecle onwards, I like the grandeur and performance of Fin De Siecle (findus slice?) and the more mature Regeneration

I didn't realise he'd done so much

discography