Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:01:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bloody Buggering ITV3 Bank Holiday Weekends

Started by Clinton Morgan, April 05, 2007, 10:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton Morgan

I quite like bank holiday weekends especially Easter, if one does it right it can be a most relaxing experience. It helps to have no plans and do things on a whim. I quite like weekend mornings on ITV3 where I get to see old episodes of 'Only When I Laugh' or 'Outside Edge' or 'A Bit of A Do'. However bring the two together (bank holiday weekends and ITV3) and I get fucked off. Earlier today I began to look forward to a lie in with a bacon butty and watching a double helping of Eric Chappell's hospital comedy and then I realised that the whole of fucking Easter is Agatha Christie dramas. Last time it was Sherlock Holmes. Nothing against Christie or Conan Doyle but when ITV3 does those themed weekends I feel like the kid who gets piqued when the children's programmes were dropped for a rather important news item. A fact that Frank Bough was well aware of during the initial report of Zeebrugge disaster that replaced 'Saturday Superstore'

FRANK BOUGH: Well we're sorry that...Well we're not sorry actually...

I think 'Saturday Superstore' did come on a bit later. I understand that this is a selfish rant and for some people a weekend of crime dramas with a two litre bottle of coke and a tube of pringles is sheer heaven but next time ITV3 I would like a comedy weekend. All the 'RIsing Damp', 'Outside Edge', 'Goodnight Sweetheart' and 'Jasper Carrott' you could choke on. I guess a good compromise for those who like comedy and those who like drama would be for ITV3 to have a 'Jeeves and Wooster' weekend.