Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:50:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Woo!

Started by Banana Woofwoof, April 10, 2007, 10:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpants

Just as an aside - do you ever get the 134 bus from Muswell Hill, BWW?  It's just that I thought I saw you on one over the weekend, but I wasn't sure if it was you or another pint-sized Irish/North Londoner.

I AM STALKING YOU!!

I have done, yep, but not over the weekend.

mrpants

We're never going to have angry sex at this rate.

EFB

I am. But only with myself.

Neville Chamberlain

I keep thinking this thread's about wool.

monkhouse terror

congrats BWW! CaB reprazent

edit: what the christ suttonpubcrawl? i don't think i've ever seen a mention of her blog on here.

Mr. Analytical

Nice one Woofers.

If you don't use your new-found fame to post a mong of Nemi then you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: "Mr. Analytical"Nice one Woofers.

If you don't use your new-found fame to post a mong of Nemi then you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

THEY MUST ALL BE POSTED ON YOUR BLOG RIGHT THIS SECOND

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "monkhouse terror"edit: what the christ suttonpubcrawl? i don't think i've ever seen a mention of her blog on here.

You must not be very observant then.

quadraspazzed

Congratulations to you missus. This could be the start of something, er, big*. When is the winner announced?

*Well, my mate won Irish Music Blog of the Year 2007 and has since been offered a job on a proper music magazine. So you never know.

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"
Quote from: "monkhouse terror"edit: what the christ suttonpubcrawl? i don't think i've ever seen a mention of her blog on here.

You must not be very observant then.

Twice in links to cool things.  And that's it.

Abbie

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"I just want a nice cup of tea and chocolate.  Man, I wish I could afford some biscuits.

Christ, are you really that skint? PM me your address and i'll send you a hamper.

Great blog, spent a good half an hour or so reading it earlier. The bit about your pa was very moving.

Am really that skint, yep.  Just handed my last £50 over to estate agents as I have to move out.  Hurrah!

Thank you for the offer of hamper!  I have been living on Weetabix.  Every week is a Weetabix week here...

Lt Plonker

Quote from: "surreal"For the winner?  Guest spot in the Nemi cartoon possibly.....?

You don't need to be a winner to get one of those!

Congrats, BWW!

Small Man Big Horse

Congrats BWW, I've just been reading your blog and it's inspiring stuff, it makes me realise I should handle my own problems in a more hands on way. Like you, I find it all but impossible to ask for help, and just wait until hopefully somebody notices I'm hitting rock bottom.

Sorry to hear the Depakote's giving you crappy side effects too, I guess I was lucky in that way, I hope they don't last for too much longer.

My hair has remained intact so far!  Depakote is actually working pretty well.  Faaaarrr better than Lithium, which made me look like an alcoholic drying out with all the shaking.

GoochDogHigh5s

Great blog!!

Brave and honest!!

Small Man Big Horse

QuoteMy hair has remained intact so far! Depakote is actually working pretty well. Faaaarrr better than Lithium, which made me look like an alcoholic drying out with all the shaking.
When you posted that link the side effects I've gotta admit that the risk of going bald was the thing that panicked me the most. Lithium sounds horrible though, if I can avoid going on it I'll definitely try.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ouch/

I WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD

(of leather)

Make me smile

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ouch/

I WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD

(of leather)

Good work, the Ouch podcast is really good if anyone hasn't heard it before.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So, how did you come to be nominated, and what do you put your relative success down to? The appeal of the subject matter to the young female internet crowd? Was it a big promotional push or did it happen out of the blue?
How many readers do you get usually?

Sorry, that's a lot of questions.

I have no idea.  I know 23Daves nominated me here but there was a few other people, one of them was a doctor.  I didn't know anything about it until my friend rang from work telling me I was in Metro.

On average I get about 600 readers a day.  Most of those are search results, there's a hundred or so RSS people and the rest is from links back.

On the nomination day I got 1220, since then it's been about 900.

I don't know why its nominated- I only started it in February and set it up solely to bitch about the treatment mental health patients get and to chart side effects and "issuez" with medications and treatment.  I don't thikn it's particularly well written and I write in there on impulse.  It's still really nice to be appreciated, though, and I'm quite glad that people have been coming out of the woodwork saying they understand things better or realising that they need to go to the doctors.

Hang on, hang on!  I've just noticed something.  Up there Cliff Richard is holding a silver thing.  But his reflection in it is clearly that of Matt Lucas.  
Is it similar to vampires and mirrors I wonder.

Are you sure?  It looks sort of like Jimmy Hill.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteOn average I get about 600 readers a day

Is that above average for a blog?

As I say, I imagine the themes and stylistics of your blog shore up a core support of readers, but I'm always puzzled how blogs started from scratch and with no promotion become 'massive'.

I know you haven't become massive yet, but it looks as though you may be becoming becoming massive.

I have no idea!  I don't actually read many blogs to be honest.  Apart from my friends page on Livejournal but that's just nosiness.  I prefer forums for reading people's opinions on stuff.

Hmm neither really.  But it's not Cliff

Points will not be awarded for saying that it's a reflection of someone off camera.

Sorry to derail your thread.

It's JIMMY.  That's clearly a tasche, right there.

danielsan

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"Am really that skint, yep.  Just handed my last £50 over to estate agents as I have to move out.  Hurrah!

Thank you for the offer of hamper!  I have been living on Weetabix.  Every week is a Weetabix week here...

Are you still poor and hungry?? I've just bought some nice fox's biscuits. I could send them to you if you like!