Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:03:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The last time I took acid I went insane...

Started by Sam, April 12, 2007, 09:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"I am absolutely shit scared of drugs.  Jemble Fred can attest that I *cannot* handle weed and the only time I took coke it actually calmed me down.  Aside from that, it all scares the hell out of me.  I don't like things that fuck with your brain.

Hello everyone! Just to say that I'm snooty enough to have to attest that the two statements above 'Jemble Fred can attest' and 'the only time I took coke' are not connected. The only time I tried coke was at a club in Shrewsbury on my 19th birthday, when BWW would have been... ooh, what? 12. Nasty drug.

Aye, weed is my cup of tea, when I do take tea, but it doesn't suit everyone.

By the way BWW, I can't remember, are you teetotal these days? 'I don't like things that fuck with your brain' and all that?

the midnight watch baboon

I am absolutely shit-scared of Jemble Fred. sick as a pike can attest that I *cannot* handle gnatt and the only time I took Labian Quest it actually calmed me down. Aside from that, NoSleep scares the hell out of me. I don't like things that Banana Woofwoof with your brain.

sorry, boreded

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Mushrooms make me giggly as fuck ( with horrific heartburn as a side-effect). Ouch. Always been kind of tempted to do acid but never been offered or had friends doing it so never have.

I've only done cocaine a few times but I actually rather liked it. The closest comparison I have to it is when you go to the optician not realising how bad your eyesight is and get given a new pair of specs that make everything much clearer and sharper.

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"
Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"I am absolutely shit scared of drugs.  Jemble Fred can attest that I *cannot* handle weed and the only time I took coke it actually calmed me down.  Aside from that, it all scares the hell out of me.  I don't like things that fuck with your brain.

Hello everyone! Just to say that I'm snooty enough to have to attest that the two statements above 'Jemble Fred can attest' and 'the only time I took coke' are not connected. The only time I tried coke was at a club in Shrewsbury on my 19th birthday, when BWW would have been... ooh, what? 12. Nasty drug.

Aye, weed is my cup of tea, when I do take tea, but it doesn't suit everyone.

By the way BWW, I can't remember, are you teetotal these days? 'I don't like things that fuck with your brain' and all that?

You did see me vomit all over Total Nightmare's bathroom and act like a complete cunt all night.

The last time I was stoned before that I threw up in someone's toilet so violently that I actually managed to pull the toilet out of its plumbing.

I'm mostly teetotal.  I drink a little, but a very little.  Mostly because I can't handle my drink anymore.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: "the midnight watch baboon"I did briefly enjoy taking zopiclone which made me kinda delirious and prone to climbing out of windows and divvying up a bit. Good way to get sent home from work tho.
Really? It's just that's what I've been prescribed as a sleeping tablet, and all it does is (sometimes) help me get to sleep - I'd not heard of anyone being given it to help with things during the day...

Zopiclone fucking ROCKS.  I miss it.  They took it away with me because I started getting addicted.  Now I take Seroquel which is SHIT.

I love the way I said I hate things that mess your brain up and I'm taking Depakote, Lithium, Seroquel and Seroxat to fuck my brain up.  Oh la!

Jemble Fred

And booze! The ugliest drug of all IMO.

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"
You did see me vomit all over Total Nightmare's bathroom and act like a complete cunt all night.

Ah, I don't recall. But then I was rather stoned.

Possibly a bit pissed too, just to prove my hypocrisy.

You were, yes.  I think I pissed of Mel very much.  Ah well!  First impressions, eh.  Oh wait, second impressions.  First time I met her and you and Paul was the Gonzos night.

Jemble Fred

And the three of us have barely seen each other since. I'm sure it's not your fault... smiley smiley etc.

ffogems

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"And the three of us have barely seen each other since. I'm sure it's not your fault... smiley smiley etc.

Yes, I did wonder if I somehow wrecked their marraige!

mook

Wouldn't this conversation been better handled via PM's I wonder?

Marvin

Quote from: "sick as a pike"I've taken acid and mushrooms a few times and every time it's been a thoroughly terrifying and disturbing experience.  Which might lead one to wonder why I repeated it.  Which would be a good question.
I've never understood how most (?) people talk about happy experiences and giggling.  It was fear pretty much all the way for me.  I am quite paranoid and insecure at the best of times, so whipping away my fragile link with comfort wasn't the best idea.

Well that's just it. If you're paranoid and insecure, or depressed or 'constantly on the verge of breakdown' as someone described, you're going to have a bad experience, because what you experience is your own feelings at a heightened level.

I did mushrooms when I was depressed and it was quite unpleasant - nothing horrific but certainly not nice, but then I've done them twice with a really close friend when we were both really happy and they were two of the best nights of my life. Who you do them with is a huge influence on your experience as well.

LSD has never appealed to me yet, I'm happy enough with mushrooms and I much prefer the idea of them.

Des Nilsen

Never done acid, perhaps mainly because I've never been offered it or known anyone who was selling.

In the past I've overdone grass slightly and found myself getting quite flakey, mentally. Like, perhaps edging towards certain paranoid and volatile places I've been in the past. I cut it out for a bit, and now only bother with weaker stuff. It's not that dangerous to me, I'm sure, but without medication I ought to be careful with a lot of things.

But I'd do acid. Or mushrooms. Or whatever. Anything once, you know. Why not.

-

Quote from: "Marvin."If you're paranoid and insecure, or depressed or 'constantly on the verge of breakdown' as someone described, you're going to have a bad experience, because what you experience is your own feelings at a heightened level.

Not necessarily. It's undoubtedly a risk, but that wasn't my experience. When I first took LSD I'd been in a very bad state of mind for years, but I decided to take my chances with it. In all seriousness I think the experience made me much less likely to kill myself than before. It put me somewhat more at peace with myself and the rest of the world. The trip itself and the following couple of days are one of my fondest memories, and I found it an entirely positive experience. Some of you might not like to hear that, but it's the truth. I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone else though. You play with your sanity at your own peril.

Quote from: "gnatt"It always seemed to me that it was the "normal-acting" people who found acid most disturbing, I suspect because they were the ones who needed stability and self control and didn't like it when those things went on the wonk.
Yeah, could be. It was very interesting to observe the effect it had on some of the people I took it with on the first occasion. They were quite a diverse selection of people living in student halls, most of whom I didn't know very well. In particular the bullshit posturing of a couple of laddish types was completely stripped away, leaving insecure, scared little boys. It was an eye-opener, but I think they probably came out of it for the better. That story that Victoria posted... well it's certainly possible with head-wrenchingly strong acid, but such a bad reaction seems unlikely. Taking a double dose by yourself is definately a bad move, mind.

I also thought it was interesting that in a recent report about drug classification by The Academy of Medical Sciences, LSD was considered less dangerous than alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6474053.stm

the midnight watch baboon

Quote from: "smallmanbighorse"
Quote from: "the midnight watch baboon"I did briefly enjoy taking zopiclone which made me kinda delirious and prone to climbing out of windows and divvying up a bit. Good way to get sent home from work tho.
Really? It's just that's what I've been prescribed as a sleeping tablet, and all it does is (sometimes) help me get to sleep - I'd not heard of anyone being given it to help with things during the day...

I was trying to get sent home or sacked I suppose, it was prescribed for night time. Halycon days.

bespoke

That trip report on page 1 read like he was subjected to a compressed course in 'external world skepticism', with natural terror and panic.
Some awareness of the power of hallucinogens to accidentally and quickly develop ideas, and advance knowledge of the arguments would avoid such a train wreck.

Vaguely Phallic

For fuck sake, it's called ACID. Everyone knows acid's bad stuff, need I say more? Well okay, you don't get a drug called ALKALI that would be good for you, like lime, or at least cancel out ACID's terribleness.

chimpoo

Quote from: "bespoke"That trip report on page one...
That trip report on page 1 reads like a piece of fiction and it should be treated as such.  It reads like a (slightly) sophisticated version of 'I believed I could fly' (no, not the R Kelly one) written for whatever malevolent reason to strike fear and confuse genuine enquiry into an already murky subject.

Quote from: "Some emo-druggie Borroughs fantasist"Well, fuck. What am I going to do now? Garage, trees, birds, river-street, garage... Garage, garage, house, house, kitchen, kitchen, knife... I had to kill myself.
Do you see? And even though the author’s playing with the already prevalant fear that ‘anything can happen on acid’, he/she’s having to restrain the technique so that it could have been written by a moron.  Which it clearly wasn't.

Quote from: "Purely in the interests of driving hyperboyle out of drug education, the dickhead went on and"I went into the kitchen, to the knife rack, pulled out a silvery stainless-steel knife
Did you? Oh dear….Silvery as well, probably even worse than all the other ones.

I really wish people would stop running round posting this shit but I suppose if you read anything supposedly 'personal' off the internet and give it credence you probably deserve to slit your throat in a drug-fuelled self-fufilling prophecy.

NoSleep

Quote from: "Vaguely Phallic"For fuck sake, it's called ACID. Everyone knows acid's bad stuff, need I say more? Well okay, you don't get a drug called ALKALI that would be good for you, like lime, or at least cancel out ACID's terribleness.

Amino acids are the building block of life. And I couldn't live without stomach acid.

Space ghost

Quote from: "chimpoo"
Quote from: "bespoke"That trip report on page one...
That trip report on page 1 reads like a piece of fiction and it should be treated as such.  It reads like a (slightly) sophisticated version of 'I believed I could fly' (no, not the R Kelly one) written for whatever malevolent reason to strike fear and confuse genuine enquiry into an already murky subject.

Quote from: "Some emo-druggie Borroughs fantasist"Well, fuck. What am I going to do now? Garage, trees, birds, river-street, garage... Garage, garage, house, house, kitchen, kitchen, knife... I had to kill myself.
Do you see? And even though the author’s playing with the already prevalant fear that ‘anything can happen on acid’, he/she’s having to restrain the technique so that it could have been written by a moron.  Which it clearly wasn't.

Quote from: "Purely in the interests of driving hyperboyle out of drug education, the dickhead went on and"I went into the kitchen, to the knife rack, pulled out a silvery stainless-steel knife
Did you? Oh dear….Silvery as well, probably even worse than all the other ones.

I really wish people would stop running round posting this shit but I suppose if you read anything supposedly 'personal' off the internet and give it credence you probably deserve to slit your throat in a drug-fuelled self-fufilling prophecy.

Couldn't agree more.  Also taking two tabs by yourself on only the second time you have tripped is pure folly.  You'd be hard pushed to find any experienced heads that would risk that situation.

Captain Crunch

sproggy

If the answer is yes, then I think it only right that the whole thing is captured on webcam for posterity.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "bespoke"That trip report on page 1 read like he was subjected to a compressed course in 'external world skepticism', with natural terror and panic.
Some awareness of the power of hallucinogens to accidentally and quickly develop ideas, and advance knowledge of the arguments would avoid such a train wreck.

It does seem like he was suffering from a severe case of credulity.

I have had quite unpredictable results myself but usually knowing what you've taken is enough to ultimately keep everything in perspective.

I had a positive experience when I took it once after being dumped by a girlfriend. Enjoying myself without her and giving myself a bit of distance from my problems was just what I needed.

On the other hand, I've been temporarily freaked out by thinking that my "trusted person" has ended up with the "dried-out" blotter and I've had the strong one, leading me to believe that I'll end up having to pass a whole eight hours unable to make any decisions about anything while they get bored and fall asleep or go home. Of course, their impassive face was caused by being totally fucked too.

Oddly, strength seems to be no guarantee of outcome although I'd say, in general, that weak acid is more of a menace than the strong stuff. It seems to leave you unable to sleep but not having a whale of a time, just mentally altered enough to be highly self-critical.

Charles Charlie Charles

We should wait until sam takes his acid then talk about him behind his back.

Only joking!

Suttonpubcrawl

But acid surely can't be that risky, can it? I mean, if things start to get a bit scary there's an easy solution.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"But acid surely can't be that risky, can it? I mean, if things start to get a bit scary there's an easy solution.

(picture)

?

Charles Charlie Charles

Antacid.

Twas the 1st thing I thought when seeing the pic.