Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:28:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Exquisite Corpse de Musique

Started by sore bottom mum, March 27, 2004, 07:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sore bottom mum

I'm sure many of you have seen the Exquisite Corpse thread over at  the Multimongia Center. What about doing it with music.... I don't think there would be any need for this to be a 'hidden until the last addition' thing... but I like the idea of doing a song that has otherwise similar rules, i.e. each participant produces roughly 30 secs (?) of music and PM's it on to the next interested party.... and tries to make it somehow link together smoothly. There's no need for there to be a problem with different styles.... it should be this that makes it interesting.

If at least 4 people are interested, I'll start it off.

Jet Set Willy

I'm more than interested in this! But I can only do electronic stuff at the moment, if that's in the rules?

Spaced Cadet

As ever I would love to indulge a spot of musical buggeration.

Borboski

Yes I'd be interested.

Although I am a plum.

Plus I have 56k connection. Is it even feasible I ask you?

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"..... But I can only do electronic stuff at the moment, if that's in the rules?

Of coarse... anything goes.

QuotePlus I have 56k connection. Is it even feasible I ask you?

I haven't got a clue.

I hope I've been helpful. Now come on, one more person to make it worth while.

Dr David V

This sounds an awful lot like Audio Tennis. Please prove me wrong.

sore bottom mum

What was/is 'Audio Tennis'?..... I say having an IQ just about high enough to probably guess.

Dr David V

Its a thing I set up last year, during the Photoshop tennis tournament. Basically, it's the same rules as PT, but instead of monging pictures you monged audio. Someone creates a 30 second bit of audio, then that is uploaded, and the other person downloads it and responds to it with their own 30 second clip, which must include a sample from the previous shot, and this continues until both participants complete 3 shots each. This works in a tournament, which in the first tournament went from 8 people to 4 to 2 to one winner. I think that's pretty much the idea you've got, but maybe there's something I'm missing from your idea. Either way, I'm not likely to stop you with your thing, I might even sign up to it too.

sore bottom mum

I wasn't around last year to see that.... sounds good though.... did the results sound good?

Dr David V

Yeah, it was very good I felt. A few people have all the files on Soulseek, so have a browse round the CaB room, you'll probably find them eventually.