Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:53:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The give-something-away-thread

Started by wherearethespoons, April 15, 2007, 12:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherearethespoons

Give me stuff. Not really.

I've tried to give this away a few times but nobody seems to want it. It's a shame because it's really pretty good;

I recently ordered a comic book online and was sent, as well as the actual one I wanted, a new copy of Daniel Clowes' David Boring. It's a good read but I've already got it - so if anyone would like my spare copy, let me know and I'll stick it i the post sometime next week.

Send me a PM or something.

wherearethespoons

It's now been taken. Thanks. Somebody feel free to get rid of the thread now.

boki

Quote from: "wherearethespoons"It's now been taken. Thanks. Somebody feel free to get rid of the thread now.

What if other people have stuff to get rid of?  I've got an old IBM Thinkpad laptop that I'm really close to getting rid of. It seems a waste to just chuck it as it still works (from the mains, the battery was finished long before I even bought it), but how useful is a 233Mhz P1 processor to anyone these days?  Some charities take old computers, don't they?

(PS - David Boring is indeed an excellent read)

Famous Mortimer

I have the computer game "The Longest Journey" if anyone wants it.

Cack Hen

I've got a spoon I've little use for these days. PM me for details.

Neville Chamberlain

I've got a couple of old girlfriends knocking about the place if anyone wants them.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Only if I can knock them about a bit.

The spoon sounds tempting I must admit.

I've got a copy of "Little Britain- The Game" on DVD if anyone wants it.  I haven't yet found anyone who does, so I doubt it.

Quote from: "Someone probably quite suicidal"Unadulterated interactive fun for all the family with over 1000 general knowledge questions and endlessly entertaining games! [...] arguably the greatest game ever made.

Uncle TechTip

Haha someone must really hate your guts.

Heh.  It was a freebie at one of the comedy awards.  They must have given away hundreds of them. I wonder how many made it out of LOL NO cellophane. It really does look exceptionally shitty.

Uncle TechTip

Still, someone placed it it your hands so they must HATE your GUTS. Unless you made a concious decision to take it...?

It was in a bag with other things.   I didn't notice it until too late, honestly.

Come on!  You can't all want to turn down things like-

QuoteName that Gay - presented by Daffyd  
Guess the Feemtoon with Dennis Waterman
Vicky's No But Yeah But Game

Includes 2 hours of new and exclusive footage from Lucas and Walliams

mothman

I have a petrol-driven mower going if anyone wants it.

Robot DeNiro

Quote from: "sick as a pike"Someone probably quite suicidal wrote [for the Little Britain game]
I know one of the people who wrote the questions for the Little Britain DVD game, and yes he is a bit of a depressive.  Spending hours on the internet trying to find hilarious gay trivia for the Daffyd questions probably didn't help.  Still, he got to meet Tom Baker, so it wasn't all bad.

Neville Chamberlain

I've got some fascinating skin diseases I'd like to get rid of if anyone's interested...?

wherearethespoons

And I have a load of film endings I could giveaway, including; The Sixth Sense, The Third Man, Get Carter, Monsters Inc. and many more.

But wait, there's more.

Act now and receive a free interpretation of Mulholland Drive.

hoverdonkey

You charlatan. There is no interpretation to Mulholland Drive. They were all just making it up as they went along.

Panbaams

Artemis

I have a PC copy of GTA: Vice City anyone can have if they want it. Played it twice. Couldn't get into it. Put it in a box.

Edit: 's'gone. It felt quite good to just give something away!

Emma Raducanu

I have a copy of yesterday's Guardian if anyone is interested in the news from two days ago.

Beck

I'll take tomorrow's if you've got it.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: "mothman"I have a petrol-driven mower going if anyone wants it.

What's it's speed and mileage?  Could I make it across America with it?

Quote from: "Artemis"bowels
Very intertestine.

mothman

Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"
Quote from: "mothman"I have a petrol-driven mower going if anyone wants it.

What's it's speed and mileage?  Could I make it across America with it?

Only if you got David Lynch to give you a push up the steeper hills.

Little Hoover

I still have my virginity if anyone wants that.

wherearethespoons

Quote from: "Little Hoover"I still have my virginity if anyone wants that.

If nobody else wants it, I'll take it off your hands...

explodingvinyl

Quote from: "Jim"I've got some fascinating skin diseases I'd like to get rid of if anyone's interested...?
Trade you for psoriasis? I'm fed up of it now.

Buck Naked

I've got a couch to crash on for anyone who happens to be going to this.

My apartment is all of about 30 seconds away from the venue and overlooks the entrance.