Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:26:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Since we've been a bit druggy in this 'ere forum lately...

Started by boki, April 15, 2007, 01:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boki

Legal highs: any reports?  Obviously they can't be much good or they wouldn't be legal, but presumably some of them do something, huh?

alex

I had a go on the salvia legal high thing. I got a very light buzz of a pipe full of this stuff and for £15 per eighth I wouldn't go near it again. It tastes utterly horrible and only works when burnt at very high temperatures - so you need one of those butane lighters, making the whole process just as costly as buying an eighth of skunk but minus any benefits.

So, yes they do something but usually not what you're after..

Burberry Ape

Well, I haven't used any (steered clear of most substances apart from a bit of a smoke for quite a while now) but know people who have and apparently some of them do work -
its the ones with BZP in them that you want probably, as BZP is slightly similar to MDMA but not as potent or eurphoric -

I'm being told to recommend a site called www.youknowit.com and some pills called Funk-Escape and Funk Pills - Flying Angels, don't expect the real thing and apparently they're worth a pop.

You can't buy them in the UK cos BZP is banned but it's completely legal to import and possess - just not to sell.

Oh and Alex, when it's used and prepared properly Salvia is probably the single most powerful hullucinogen on the planet and is not what you would call a "legal high".

Space ghost

Quote from: "Burberry Ape"Well, I haven't used any (steered clear of most substances apart from a bit of a smoke for quite a while now) but know people who have and apparently some of them do work -
its the ones with BZP in them that you want probably, as BZP is slightly similar to MDMA but not as potent or eurphoric -

I'm being told to recommend a site called www.youknowit.com and some pills called Funk-Escape and Funk Pills - Flying Angels, don't expect the real thing and apparently they're worth a pop.

You can't buy them in the UK cos BZP is banned but it's completely legal to import and possess - just not to sell.

Oh and Alex, when it's used and prepared properly Salvia is probably the single most powerful hullucinogen on the planet and is not what you would call a "legal high".

BZP is the ingredient in real pills that makes you feel like shit the next day.  A whole pill of it would be awful.

I agree with you about salvia though that stuff is ' mental '

alex

Quote from: "Burberry Ape"Well, I haven't used any (steered clear of most substances apart from a bit of a smoke for quite a while now) but know people who have and apparently some of them do work -

Well, it was legal to buy at a festival when we couldn't get any proper gear, so desperate time and all that. I still stand by the 'it's not worth it' point.

Analrapist

BZP definitely works, but yes, the comedown is nothing short of horrific. I always get mad insomnia and have no energy for days. It's also possibly more dangerous than MDMA because it hasn't been tested to the same extent.

Pills containing BZP actually cost more than proper ecstasy, so unless you're having serious problems finding a dealer then it's probably not worth it.

[Boring drugs anecdote alert - Please stop reading]

On Friday I crushed up a pill and snorted it. I've done this before and it's been completely fine, but this time it definitely wasn't. For ages afterwards I felt like my nose was on fire, and it also felt like it was about to explode into a river of blood. It wasn't pleasant, to say the least. This pain, mixed with the rough comedown and mild hallucinations leads me to think that the pill contained quite a hearty dose of BZP. Bah.

[Boring drugs anecdote alert has now passed - You can continue reading again]

I've nothing else to add.

boki

BZP is bad, mmkay.  Or at least it was for me.  I remember trying it and thinking this is only legal 'cos they haven't got around to banning it yet (and then it turned out that they had).  I know that this probably makes me some kind of softcore cunt, which in turn has got me wondering about what pleasant mildness there might be out there.  I dunno, it's all a big faff, innit?

Burberry Ape

QuoteBZP is the ingredient in real pills that makes you feel like shit the next day. A whole pill of it would be awful.

I didn't know that but it apparently works and gives you a decent buzz - that said I haven't done them and would imagine they might make you feel a bit ill the next day.

QuoteWell, it was legal to buy at a festival when we couldn't get any proper gear, so desperate time and all that. I still stand by the 'it's not worth it' point.

Yeah I know Salvia is legal to buy which technically makes it a 'Legal High' but not in the way people imagine. It's important that people don't buy it expecting a weed substitute because it's really not and could really fuck someone up who isn't expecting (essentially) a ten minute version of a high-dose LSD trip.

Though luckily because it's quite hard to smoke correctly; the chances are if you didn't  know what you were doing and just stuck some in a spilff you'd probably just get a headache.

Marv Orange

This is probably better off here than in the you tube
Quote from: "Marv Orange"
Quote from: "Huzzie"A very British psychological test on the legal, natural drug Salvia.

I just love the po-facedness of it when suddenly comes his great reply to the first question.

Has anyone tried this before? I had honestly never heard of it before today but must give it a go.

I did years ago quite a times.  Imagine sections of your skin were like the balls of this instrument

(picture)

all revolving individually in a slighlty pleasurable way.

That was the first image that came in to my head when i did it trying to explain the effects to someone.

mwude

Quote from: "Burberry Ape"I'm being told to recommend a site called www.youknowit.com and some pills called Funk-Escape and Funk Pills - Flying Angels, don't expect the real thing and apparently they're worth a pop.

I was also recommended the same site and Flying Angels were the ones my mate had tried and said they were quite pleasant.  I don't think they contain any BZP or TFMPP which are the two ingredients generally used in these things (and the stuff that makes you feel shit the following day).  Apparently the Flying Angels are fairly mild if you take one and they make for a nice night in with friends, they're not going to make you dance all night in some sweaty rave basement.

My one experience with legal highs was at Leeds festival - the pills I got were ok, nowt special but a nice enough buzz.  But the night-time was bloody horrible, couldn't sleep at all.  Not sure how much that was brought about by nearly being hit in the face by flying burning metal which sprang from a bonfire started yards from my tent and the subsequent fear of being roasted inside my tent at any point.  Not an ideal comedown situation.

I thought I'd give legal highs another go at various festivals this summer and try to remember to take things fairly early on in the day in order to avoid a completely sleepless night.  Will attempt to follow the advice to minimize alcohol intake as well.  I've bought a few different bits & bobs from that site but not tried anything yet.  Subsequently it turned out to be a bit of a waste as I was suddenly able to easily get a supply of non-internet purchasable things anyway.

edit:

Shortly after the stuff I ordered came through the post a friend said: "Those pills might be really dangerous you know - I heard about someone who said they nearly died taking them!"  Seemed odd to me cos I'd done a little bit of research on BZP and piperazines before buying them and no-one had said anything all that bad about it on erowid and the like.  So I checked into it and it turns out someone had said they were going to die: bbc news article.  But I couldn't help but have a little chuckle when reading it:

Quote from: "Sue Harrison, 44, never wanted to experiment with drugs""Within five minutes I began to feel extremely ill," she said.

"I was just getting worse and worse and they decided to put me on a hospital ward - I really thought at that time that I was going to die.

"I know it sounds very dramatic but something like this had never happened to me before in my life.

"It takes me all my time to have a paracetamol tablet - never mind something that would harm me.

"I'm just very disappointed in myself - it's something I will never ever do again.

"I relive it psychologically through flashbacks - but I need to highlight this to other people never to do this."

Any fears were now slightly allayed.  Some daft tart is given a pill while at work without realising what it contains and the effects it will have.  "Nearly dying" and "thinking I was going to die" are vast worlds apart.  And by 'flashbacks' I would be very surprised if she didn't just mean 'my own vivid memories of the event' which again are wildly different things.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: "Analrapist"

[Boring drugs anecdote alert - Please stop reading]

On Friday I crushed up a pill and snorted it. I've done this before and it's been completely fine, but this time it definitely wasn't. For ages afterwards I felt like my nose was on fire, and it also felt like it was about to explode into a river of blood. It wasn't pleasant, to say the least. This pain, mixed with the rough comedown and mild hallucinations leads me to think that the pill contained quite a hearty dose of BZP. Bah.

[Boring drugs anecdote alert has now passed - You can continue reading again]

I did that once at a party as I was kind of falling asleep and the coke wasn't working. It worked, but later on I found out that it's incredibly dangerous to use E and coke the way I was, as a pick-me-up on a comedown. I also had bloody bogeys for a week.

mrpants

I can never understand why people snort pills.  I've done it once, it hurt like hell and I didn't feel half as 'up' as I would have if I'd just swallowed the thing.

Beck

Quote from: "Burberry Ape"Oh and Alex, when it's used and prepared properly Salvia is probably the single most powerful hullucinogen on the planet and is not what you would call a "legal high".
Agh, I wish I'd gone for the salvia extract rather than the dried leaf - it tastes thoroughly fucking disgusting and, other than the unpleasantness while chewing and the near vomit-inducing nausea achieved when spitting the stuff out, it did absolutely nothing for me. And I've got two ounces of this utterly pointless stuff.

Unless of course I'm doing something wrong? Or is chewing the rubbish way to do it?

Burberry Ape

I've never done it but from what I understand you should smoke it in a bong or a pipe, not a spliff, use a turbo lighter rather than a standard one -

(because otherwise it won't burn at a high enough temperature and release all the chemicals) then when you smoke it, hold it in your lungs for thirty seconds.

I've never heard of  anyone chewing it, did you really not know you were supposed to smoke it?

Beck

You can either smoke it or chew it, apparently, and I opted for the latter because I thought it'd be less unpleasant (it wasn't), and because I don't have a water pipe. I'll probably invest in one at some point, and give it another go then.

shite on a bike

Can you buy the salvia extract from those weed paraphenalia shops? I've smoked the dried leaf through a bong twice and both times all that happened was uncontrollable fits of laughter which seem amusing to begin with. The first time it happened I was knocked off my feet and lay in a pile on the floor feeling slightly terrified at the fact that I couldn't stop myself laughing.

shite on a bike

Can you buy the salvia extract from those weed paraphenalia shops? I've smoked the dried leaf through a bong twice and both times all that happened was uncontrollable fits of laughter which seem amusing to begin with. The first time it happened I was knocked off my feet and lay in a pile on the floor feeling slightly terrified at the fact that I couldn't stop myself laughing.

BadLieutenant

I think so - I bought it in Amsterdam (is that even it's name?) in Camden, but the 'weed' shop here also sells it.

Yeah, I giggled like a machine gun for ages, and had a very mild hallucination, and that was it. After that, I mixed it with a bit of weed in a bong and it didn't do that much either.

Mr Colossal

Quote from: "Beck"You can either smoke it or chew it, apparently

Natives in south america consume the plant orally, although they dont so much as 'chew', more roll the fresh leaves up into long  'cigar' shapes which are placed either side of the gums where the Salvinorin A will  be secreted throughout the day and slowly  absorbed into the bloodstream via the oral mucosa. This allows the effects of the salvia to last longer and 'creep up' on the user periodically, rather than blow them away with one big hit.

The most intense trip i ever experienced came at the hands of this little beauty (i might get round to typing up another experience in the acid thread later). I'd  already experimented with the 20x extract, which produced a giggly 'rubber-band' like effect-  for some reason i always get this really dirty buzz, which leaves me not only feeling like ive been 'stretched back' from behind the eyes/the back of the head (its hard to explain, but its as if there's elastic potential energy that's been built up and stored there, waiting to spring back)  but my head literaly feels/tastes/smells like one of those orange spalding basketballs, which after reeling back from my first few hits left me staggering about not really knowing where i was for a while giggling to myself, only being able to muttter something about 'feeling like a rubber band'  and not much else until the effect wore off.

Another time i experimented with the 20x i got this strange experience where i just 'felt' as if was in two places at once-  I got the 'head like a basketball' effect again, but rather than being giggly, there seemed to be an immediate sense of atmosphere changing the second i'd exhaled, everything seemingly went quiet, and i could just here the rushing of wind. But then came the weirdest bit-  for a few seconds i felt, or kind of 'saw'  as if i was in a different place.

imagine standing on  this street corner, but there not being any housing detail, other than generic brickwork, and street guttering.

http://lex.zogblaster.com/image_41390922005115171655.jpg

Well i felt as if i was standing right on the corner, facing outwards, as i could perceive the walls running back diagonally behind me, and could actually feel the wind rushing past me either side on my eyeballs.  Then came the weirdest bit, for about five seconds, it felt as if my head really WAS a basketball and it was bounced down to the pavement, rocking about slightly uncomfortably on impact whilst the rest of my body stayed achored to ground whislt it rose  back up again to my shoulders 2 or 3 times in the same rythmic motion, when the experience faded away and it was back to normality again.

All this happened really fast, lasting somewhere between five- ten, maybe twenty seconds, but it was hard to determine whether it was a 'trip' at the time, because you tend to zone out unaware of your surroundings initially, and whilst it was happening i felt as if i was always aware of my actual surroundings, perceiving the two almost simultaneously  but it had convinced me of the definate psychoactive potentials of the drug (as i was somewhat sceptical at the time) so i decided i would go one better the next time i tried it.

So not only did i buy a vial of 40x concentrate next time round, i bought a bag of organic salvia leaves, as it was considerably cheaper- Which i ground up to form a bulk as one would use tobacco when smoking weed, as i thought it would add a bit of weight to the mix.

I cleaned off the lid in two successive hits from the bong, and decided to hold it in for as long as possible, which is when things got WEIRD.

First thing i remember is my head tilting to the left slightly, with my neck tracking slightly to the right, focusing on what was the leg of a chest of drawers directly in front of me. It was almost as if a tape had got jammed, or was on pause, playing a loop of about one second, and repeating back to the start.  My head was fucked. I could hear my mind saying 'to the chair leg', 'to the chair leg', 'to the chair leg' as the human instinct  reconised it over and over again, refusing to leave this mental-loop i was now prisoner to.  I could actually think consciously at the time, and remember experiencing a sudden bout of panic as i thought 'what the fuck am i supposed to do!?, what if i stay like this forever!? and my mind wandered of on a brief tangent wondering if mentally ill people really do percieve the world in such similar states, and that was what was wrong with them. But nothing prepared me for what came next.

Still a slave to this mental oscillation, what i can only describe  as a faint munchkin chorus became audible, and gradually rose in volume until it had completely consumed my thoughts, and became completely synchronized with the visuals, forming some ritualistic, rhythmic chant that seemed to be pulling me in and sucking me deeper.

"AH-GINGBOK, AH-READY-GINGBOK"    

"AH-GINGBOK, AH-READY-GINGBOK"      

but it didn't end there.

each time the chant came i seemed to be bouncing, as if now made from the very fabric of the whole experience.  As my real-world consciousness left me completely and i became completely immersed, my vision spiralled and i fell 'into' the chair leg, the one object that had been dominating my vision, and it suddenly spiralled too, forming what i can only describe as a plasticine, conveyor belt, that consisted of the shape of the chair leg made, only now it was pink, and i now felt like a little blue ball, bouncing along repeatedly in this bizarre rubberised universe, it was almost as if i had been reincarnated, reincarnated as one of the spritely cues on a karaoke console, only to this surreal sesame street-esque short, complete with an equally surreal soundtrack.

Then came this dawning realisation.  I saw the room we were in, myself perched on the end of a sofa from a top down, angular, open down view.  The camera panned back, revealing this room was just one of many, identical rooms, all part of this giant mechanised super-structure, floating in space, much like in a certain, obviously-named sci-fi film.

The was a mechanical clunking, and the room tipped, the last thing i remember is seeing a few of the objects like the chest of drawers, and the sofa slowly sliding,  about to slip into the void.

'Is this end?' I remember  thinking,  before it finally spat me out, and i came round to my senses.    Apparently i had just sat there, not moving, an expression of abject terror painted on my face throughout the whole ordeal.  Again, it hadn't lasted that long, i'd estimate somewhere around a minute, give or take a few seconds, but it felt like a lifetime.

I have not dabble with it since.  

I am glad i had the experience, and i wouldn't be scared to try it again, knowing what to expect. But it takes a VERY strong mind, as there were several times throughout that where i thought my mind had gone completely and it was  the closest thing to 'oh shit.' fear i have ever experienced, so i don't think it would be a healthy thing to repeadly subject yourself too.

Despite all that, i can't bring myself to say it was a 'bad' trip, definately one that took a fucking great deal of effort to pull myself through, though.  The intense mind-fucking aspect,  one of all previous preconceptions crunching into each other, and the threatening  decent into madness would leave me fearful of recommending it to anybody fragile of mind though, in fear of the results really.

if you really feel you want it,  i can only advise gradually building yourself up in sensible stages, becoming familiar with the effects along the way, having company at all times, and always remembering that it's just a trip, and normality will ensue shortly. Its hard to keep that in mind when your mind is being constantly challenged though.

I hear they do an 100x extract now, which i would imagine would be something close to suicide!   i guess its all a matter of dosing though, the above was the result of a lid packed full of a mixture of plain leaf, and about a third of the 40x vial, which i took two hits of on a large bong, and held in for as long as i could manage (i didn't have a fancy lighter, but was sure to toke for a long time before rushing, making sure everything was nicely toasted). Some people might just go with a sprinkle, and blow it straight out etc.

non capisco

I tried a legal ecstasy equivalent off one of those websites one evening for curiosity's sake and it was horrible. A middling high which was more mental than physical and a truly hanging comedown that lasted for one and a half days, during which I didn't leave my flat because my pupils were STILL ridiculously dilated. Avoid.

Beck

Right, sod the cigar technique - if there are any stoner types still about, I really need some makeshift gravity bong help. No idea what I'm doing, but I've got a litre bottle inside a two litre bottle, full of water, two bottle caps on top of each other, all that, but I'm not sure how or where exactly I light the stuff, and what happens next. Any help?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Is a gravity bong the same as a bucket? With that you just hack off the bottom of the bottle, cut a small hole in the lid, cover the lid in tin foil and then get a large bucket of water. Then you light the preferred herb on the lid whilst gently pulling the bottle out of the water. Then you take the cap off and push the bottle down whilst inhaling from the opening. But hey, you knew that already right?