Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:01:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lost Hour

Started by @ssmaster, March 28, 2004, 02:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@ssmaster

The clocks have gone forward, what would you of done with that lost hour? I am currently watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 on ITV and it is basically a 2 hour version of  the 'replace the movie dialogue' section from Who's Line is it Anyway?

butnut

I'm sitting here trying to work out exactly how pissed I am.

I'm reaching for the Neurofen - so I'd say pretty pissed.

Big Jack McBastard

QuoteThe clocks have gone forward, what would you of done with that lost hour?

Had another wonderful hour of drunkenly shirking my responsibilities.

Bugger.

What the hell do we need to put our bleedin clocks foreward/back for anyway?

The original culprit was saving on candles, and while the women of the land continue to torture us with their 'scented' ones I think we could struggle on without fannying about with our clocks twice a year, as it just leads to confusion when people forget or put it back instead of foreward and vice versa.

Funny thing whenever I hear the phrase 'putting the clocks...' the word 'back' always springs to mind never 'foreward'.

Am I lusting for the past? Or is it that I just want an extra hour in bed?

The evil monkey knows but he refuses to speak unless he's had his All Bran.

Send your dontations to.....

fanny splendid

In 2001, my birthday fell on the day the clocks went back, resulting in a twenty-five hour birthday. And so it shall again, in 2007.

Can't wait...

Spiteface

I was nealy late for work - I totally forgot about the clocks!

hands cold, liver warm

Quote from: "@ssmaster"The clocks have gone forward, what would you of done with that lost hour? I am currently watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 on ITV and it is basically a 2 hour version of  the 'replace the movie dialogue' section from Who's Line is it Anyway?

I loved that. At first it looked like it was going to be a bit poo but halfway through I really got into it. The "normal view" singalong bit made me laugh so hard a bit of ham sandwich got stuck in that strange netherworld between nose and mouth.

MarmiteCarpenter

Quote from: "hands cold, liver warm"I loved that. At first it looked like it was going to be a bit poo but halfway through I really got into it. The "normal view" singalong bit made me laugh so hard a bit of ham sandwich got stuck in that strange netherworld between nose and mouth.
Argh, dont mention getting stuff lodged betwixt nose and mouth, that's horrible, it's worse than ragged nails screeching down a chalkboard.

I didn't manage to get to sleep until after 4am last night. Combined with the lost hour, I'm feeling pretty sleepy. Normally I would just doze at my desk, but our American contingent are over this week, and today we have meetings about what source-code version control to use for our next project. This is going to make Shattered look like childs play.

Almost Yearly

Invaluable. The littl'un now wakes up just after me instead of just before. Praise be for outmoded temporal shennanigans.

I'd probably have had a wank. What? It's true.

Krang

i did exactly what i wanted to do at 2am on sunday, when the clocks went back. That way i wasnt disappointed.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: "Spiteface"I was nealy late for work - I totally forgot about the clocks!

I have nine clocks in my house - I remembered eight of them.
Of course, it was the bedside alarm clock that I forgot.