Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:18:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HOT, HOT,HOT pt2: F**king hell it's hot!!

Started by PAGATRON, April 15, 2007, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAGATRON

I was looking at weather outside my house this afternoon and it looked like a nice day and considering the room I was looking out of is the warmist in the summer time it felt pretty mild, and I check the weather yesterday it said the highest for the next 5 days would be around 20c which is pretty good for April. So I figured i'll sit in the garden and do some work on my MacBook, within five minutes i'm sweating like a pig it's absolutly boiling, I check the weather on the bbc site today, IT'S 26C where did that come its like mid-July or somthing, this time last year it was quite cold and there was lots of rain.

Somthing tells me theres gonna be some big fuck off heatwaves in the next 5 months.

Still Not George

Think that's bad? It regularly hits 33deg in my office, and that's now. In April. Fuck alone knows what it's going to be like this summer.

It's been kinda chilly here in Aber, we've had a low-cloud mist over the whole town.

Milo

It's insanity. Summer is going to be hell. Hot weather is for holidays or people who never have to do anything.

weekender

What's wrong with MY weather thread, fuckers?

So in the winter it was cold, in the spring it's getting hotter and people reckon it's going to get more hotter in the summer?  Well, ride me sideways.

I'm not usually a betting man, but I wonder what odds I can get on it getting colder when the summer finishes?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's bad when you haven't got anywhere cool to go. The whole house was too warm so I decided to go down to the lab where I correctly predicted there would be air conditioning. Mmmm, electrically-generated temperature.

Calippo's are proving to be fuck-all use as well! Come on thermoregulatory-centre. I have played tennis and footy today, but I thought I'd have cooled down after sitting down to watch the grand prix.

The temperature in North London (in the sun) right now is 41 celcius.  In case anyone cared.

Lady Beaner

What? It is?! I am in North London too and it doesn't feel that hot! I did run out into the street like an excited child when I heard the ice-cream van though...

According to the (admittedly cheap) thermometer I've got sitting in the sun it is.  Temperature in the house is 21C according to the snazzier thermometer which I've just brought out to verify or otherwise the temperature out here.

Analrapist

My computer says it's 24C over here in east London. Not quite managed to go outside, but it's been nice sitting here listening to some phat choons while the sun beats in.

I love the summer (except for when it's too hot).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Accurate air temperature is meant to be measured in the shade.

Which leads to more boring/less exciting readings, of course.

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"Accurate air temperature is meant to be measured in the shade.

Which leads to more boring/less exciting readings, of course.

I know, that's why I specified that my reading was in the sun.

Update: the snazzy thermometer says it's 41.6C in the Sun.

Des Nilsen

I think it's lovely. I've been sitting outside with cherry coke reading HST's 'Hell's Angels...' and sweating a bit. Which feels good to me once I get over the initial discomfort.

There are moments when a slight breeze feels especially cool when I'm diliberately sitting in the heat. One of those small pleasures.

I'm looking forwards to a fiendishly hot summer with beer gardens, icy cider and the right sort of sweat.

:)

PAGATRON

Quote from: "Des Nilsen"I think it's lovely. I've been sitting outside with cherry coke reading HST's 'Hell's Angels...' and sweating a bit. Which feels good to me once I get over the initial discomfort.

There are moments when a slight breeze feels especially cool when I'm diliberately sitting in the heat. One of those small pleasures.

I'm looking forwards to a fiendishly hot summer with beer gardens, icy cider and the right sort of sweat.

:)

I couldn't agree more, I wasn't moaning before it was just that I was totally unprepared for a huge dose of 26C sunshine.

Hypnotoad.

Don't we always get a bit of summer in April? I don't think this is entirely out of the ordinary, it will be 10 degrees cooler on Tuesday, the average for this month will probably be about normal I would've thought

Here's a prediction;

We'll get another hot spell in April, another in May, June it will piss down and storm, then towards the end of July and into August, it will touch 100'F, September will feel like an almost summer month

All of the above events will be marked by an incredulous tabloid media, who will howl at the moon on each of the above occasions, stating how it's "...warmer than Morrocco!" and probably mention global warming. Suzy Fahrenheit on the weather report will beam at us with perfect teeth and tell us how amazing the next few days will be, but not to forget out sun tan lotions !!

I don't recall it ever being any different

And I'll leave you with a question, when was high temeperatures ever a good thing?

Today was just about perfect as a maximum temperature for me, anything warmer is just fucking miserable

Sitting in direct sun and drinking is a pretty miserable existence, however cool summer evenings are magnificent

Its a very British thing to wet ourselves at the temperatures rising, people who live in countries with high temperatures have a far more sensible approach to it all, including having a snooze at the height of the day, so they can enjoy the mild evening long after sun down

Small Man Big Horse

It's struggling to sleep at night that gets me all agitated. I've even been looking at air conditioner units on ebay, but they seem to be going for around £100, which I can't afford at the moment.

I think, alas, that it's time to take up burgulary.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

41 degrees is how hot your thermometer got Pikey. It doesn't really mean anything. That's why they only measure temperature in the shade.

twas lovely in the park. I'm sunburnt!

Hypnotoad.

<me> suddenly glances around and realises he's sitting chatting to naked, sweaty men on the internet

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"41 degrees is how hot your thermometer got Pikey. It doesn't really mean anything. That's why they only measure temperature in the shade.

Yes, as I replied to S?S! up there I realise that. Just thought I'd put it down as a marker, as it were.
Were you in Clissold Park then?

Quote from: "sick as a pike"
Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"41 degrees is how hot your thermometer got Pikey. It doesn't really mean anything. That's why they only measure temperature in the shade.

Yes, as I replied to S?S! up there I realise that. Just thought I'd put it down as a marker, as it were.
Were you in Clissold Park then?

Yip. The whole park was remarkably densely packed with people, none of whom seemed to be yobs or ruffians. There were two seperate sets of people trying to tightrope walk between trees, and more games of cricket going on than football. I had a 99 flake! All in all, very nice day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6557561.stm

QuoteBBC website readers have been sending in pictures of the weekend, expected to be the hottest this year.

You WHAT?!

Hypnotoad.

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6557561.stm

QuoteBBC website readers have been sending in pictures of the weekend, expected to be the hottest this year.

You WHAT?!

You'd hope they missed out "so far", but it doesn't read that way

Bizarre statement

samadriel

Hypnotoad.

Taking a day off from their Diana conspiracies, the Daily Express go with foot high letters telling us it was 80' yesterday

Fucksake

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Ahhhh fuck off stupid media with their twatty little stories about how it's quite warm and errrrr...that's it.

hencole

Quote from: "Homer J"Don't we always get a bit of summer in April? I don't think this is entirely out of the ordinary, it will be 10 degrees cooler on Tuesday, the average for this month will probably be about normal I would've thought

Only if the rest of the months average temperature is less than freezing which isn't going to happen.

Suttonpubcrawl

I see the Express didn't want to miss a chance to use good old Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.

butnut

Isn't it part of the unwritten rule to use Fahrenheit for hot temperatures and Celsius for cold ones?

They 'made a huge mistake' by not using GOB from Arrested Development's catchphrase and his picture in the bottom right hand corner though.

Milo

If you search bbc news for 'hottest on record' there's a hottest something almost every single year.

mothman

So I'm guessing The Express isn't in the "Global warmign is a bad thing" camp.

Had our first barbecue of the year on Saturday. Madness!