Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:54:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrities who make you want to just fucking emigrate.

Started by Beep Cleep Chimney, April 15, 2007, 07:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
No need for extensive justification here. Just list those TV/radio/film/music people who make you nauseous when they appear.

I'd like to nominate...............

I just, I, you know, I mean, I just don't get it. I've mentioned this to a few friends and colleagues and they all seem to think he's alright.  I'm sure he probably is in person, but when he comes on TV grinning and prancing about, sticking his thumbs up and pulling faces, it just........gets to me.

That was all.

Over to you lot.

(Try and restrict it to just one Ricky Gervais nomination per page!).

Fucking Bono makes me want to emigrate, but I dunno where I'd go to escape the stetson-garnished cunt salad (lolz randomz). Even if I went to the Third World he'd be there helping me.

Burberry Ape

Russ

If you think Vernon Kay is bad, then experience the sheer horror of Sarah Cox and you'll just want to chop off your own ears and squirt superglue down the bleeding orifices just to prevent any more of here clatter pouring in.

Little Hoover

Well there was Jade Goody, but thankfully everyone's decided they hate her now.

quadraspazzed

rudi

quadraspazzed

Quote from: "Beep Cleep Chimney"picture of Norton

Thank fuck he's emigrated from here!

samadriel

Jesus, looks like the largest life-form native to Arrakis.

Blumf

Quote from: "samadriel"(picture)

That is an insult to Shai-Hulud, and anyway she's more like something they'd use on Giedi Prime, making pulling that heart plug all the more pleasant an option.

rudi

Oh, are we allowed multiples?

I have more, many more...

I could go on.....

ccbaxter

That Peaches (or Pixie) Geldof one is a seriously disorienting photo - it looks like the head, the torso and the legs should be from three entirely different people, jammed together here like in a magazine quiz inviting you to identify the constituent people.

Here's a few of my own emigration-encouraging anti-heroes...

samadriel

Quote from: "Blumf"
Quote from: "samadriel"(picture)

That is an insult to Shai-Hulud, and anyway she's more like something they'd use on Giedi Prime, making pulling that heart plug all the more pleasant an option.

True, she is a bit 'Baron Vladimir'...  With the lipstick technique of a mentat!

"It is by twat alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the juice and gin that the thoughts become dull, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning..."

Sadness

There's a smorgis-board of cunts right there.....

Shoulders?-Stomach!

All of the above, except Barry Scott who deserves a waxwork, Cilit Bang in hand.

Uncle TechTip

Woah, look at that stonking great spelling mistake on the front of the Express.

come on peeps, can't we come up with someone who isn't blindingly obvious? Vernon Kay, sheesh. Anyway, what exactly is wrong with him. It's not like he buys up sports rights and makes consumers pay for them. Or is racist on a national TV show. At least these equally obvious candidates have good references.

mothman

"Heroes to Zeros?" Sounds like a Dr. Who episode. . .

Roy*Mallard

What or who forced my hand, other than the girl i was seeing, to flee Britain for Hong Kong? None other than............

Tony 'i'm meant to be Prime Minister, but am doing everything i can to become a popular celeb when i quit downing street' Blair. The man sickens me and his party ain't much better. If he ever decides to visit HK, i'm outta here.

duckorange

Carr will be playing our local end-of-the-pier theatre in July. What are the odds of a bizarre and suspicious electrical fire that will cleanse the world of this dreadful scourge?

And let's not forget his shiny-faced sister:

TC Raymond

Pete fucking Doherty

Kate Moss

ALL of the Royal Family - every single one of them

Jim 'face made for blowtorch demonstrations' Davidson

Kate Thornton

Simon Cowell

John bastarding Barrowman

CaledonianGonzo

Sheldon Finklestein

I'd agree with just about everyone nominated so far, but...
Quote from: "BadLieutenant"
Why him exactly?

BadLieutenant

Because he seems to represent the zenith of British intellectualism, and that's really depressing. He's a good scientist, but his grasp of Christian theology is flakey. He's done some good work (The Selfish Gene, particularly), but he just irritates me now. Whenever there's a debate on religion, he seems to pop up, and he seems to revel in being the bad boy of British thought, saying the unsayable, when actually he doesn't. He's also very, very smug.

Evil Knevil

I'm going to butt in and say.... If you get off on hating these people you're still playing along with the shallow, vacuous game that made them famous in the first place.

If they provoke such a visceral reaction, they've still got a reason to pollute our culture. You're also helping turn people into symbols and one-dimensional images.

Of course, it's probably different to dislike Dawkins and simular, as generally it's their intellectual ideas and social impact you're rejecting.

Just my stupid opinion. Honestly, Goody isn't worth it! I hope this doesn't sound too self-righteous.

Shane G

Quote from: "rudi"

(picture)

Phwooooooooooooar!

That Peaches Geldof is a bit of all right, eh? Eh? Eh?

TC Raymond