Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:10:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrities who make you want to just fucking emigrate.

Started by Beep Cleep Chimney, April 15, 2007, 07:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thugler

Quote from: "BadLieutenant"Because he seems to represent the zenith of British intellectualism, and that's really depressing. He's a good scientist, but his grasp of Christian theology is flakey

It's lucky his work isn't about christian theology then isn't it. I've never heard him mess up anything about christian theology, but he doesn't really go into it being a scientist and not a theologian.

Borboski

Why, why, WHY is the wet eyed FUCKER always pulling this face? CUNT!

And this silly fucking CUNT sums up everything that's wrong with pop music, I just. can't. bear. him!

BadLieutenant

thugler wrote:

QuoteIt's lucky his work isn't about christian theology then isn't it. I've never heard him mess up anything about christian theology, but he doesn't really go into it being a scientist and not a theologian.

I have. He's made mistakes about the role of reason and science in (certain araes of) Christian theology, he generalises, and some of his analogies (particularly the meme thing) are dubious. Bearing in mind how much he criticises Christianity, it'd be nice if he read up on it first. He takes it too seriously, so he always sounds like a pompous arse. But I do agree with some of the things he's said and I wouldn't doubt the man's intelligence. Funny how vehement people get about Dawkins.

chand

Not quite a celebrity, but...

Anne Atkins, who you may remember was the woman who essentially stalked her own son on the internet, pretending to be a teenage girl for shits and giggles before humiliating him in the newspapers.

I mention her because a couple of days ago in the Express, in the midst of a fairly standard pro-marriage rant, she made the absolutely batshit insane suggestion that the solution to society's ills is for the government to...wait for it...stop building houses. The plan functions as follows:

Step 1: The government stops building new houses.
Step 2: House prices go up massively.
Step 3: It becomes unaffordable and impractical for couples to split up or for people to live by themselves, in effect forcing couples to stay together in seemingly loveless marriages.
Step 4:
Step 5: Social bliss.

buttgammon

I know her very well. Her son was mildly insulting in an email to me. Poor lad was brainwashed by his mother I suppose.

shite on a bike

World's least popular blow up doll range? Anyone who can produce a picture of a more hideous living thing within the next 10 posts wins an 'I like Big Brother!' badge.

There's something deeply disturbing about this unenthusiastic and clearly beyond-middle-aged man claiming to provide 'teenage dreams'.

my nominations:

I don't know why I dislike him, I don't watch a lot of sport. I just know that his appearance on my TV screen generally coincides with a barrage of abuse from me towards said screen.

Fuck me, I do so despise the disembodied head of Sting with it's repulsive and supposedly 'sacred' love. Although I'm sure he's already emigrated, making my choice of destination to get away from my next nominee all the more difficult.

Of all the the things that could annoy me about this alcoholic, racist, wife-beating, child-getting-slagged-off by turnip is that he speaks with the most ridiculous, grating cockney accent, and it's half of his bloody act! ARSE!