Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:46:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"I heard some guy did some mean things to ruin it!!!!"

Started by TJ, April 18, 2007, 11:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuOjY15ViiU

I'm not normally one for pointing and laughing, but... those comments really are pitiful, aren't they?

Analrapist

QuoteA highly creative and visually stunning piece with a profound message of love, peace and spirituality. Children are often very intuitive and it is clear to see how much they love Michael and how they are drawn to his light.
I feel that Michael is a fantastic influence on people, young and old, a modern day prophet. Astounding that Jarvis Cocker dared to get up on stage to protest besides such a legend. It was probably because he was seething with envy and also because he craved publicity.

Christ was betrayed by his followeres and had to face a trial and death but he rose again and although Michael is not Christ, one can see he is connected to the light, and he overcame his trial and rose again. Without the dark there is no light.

Heh, surely that's someone taking the piss. Right? Right?!

CaledonianGonzo

Michael Jackson fans are like Elvis fans - they don't realise they actually do their heroes more harm than good.

buttgammon

QuoteNo one else did the same though nor did they want to.Jarvis was just projecting his own inadequate feelings. People were clearly loving the piece so it was a silly comment to make. Jarvis is just incredibly mediocre and unimaginative. Would he have gone to the west end when Jesus Christ Super Star was playing and jump on stage there?

Thanks for that Sigmund fucking Freud!

I'd like to think the comments were just sarcastic but I'm inclined to believe they're all too true. I don't understand how people can call some kiddie fiddler a prophet and a God and the greatest person ever to have lived who will long reign over us mere mortals.

People were loving it (because they were the doting, obsessive kind of fans who never realise they are just allowing the person they idolise to sink into the belief that they are truly great) so that means it's untouchable, does it? I suppose some idiots loved the Holocaust. Does that make the systematic, premeditated and brutal detention and execution of millions of innocent Jews alright? A bit harsh to compare Michael Jackson to such an atrocity maybe, but things are open to criticism. When will some people learn that?

I know I probably shouldn't get so riled by YouTube comments but I can't help but see this kind of idiocy and endlessly rant about it afterwards. A once-talented individual decided to make a self-indulgent spectacle of himself and Jarvis Cocker summed up the feelings of many in demonstrating how farcical it was. The Michael Jackson fans who still go on about Jarvis are only proving how absurd the cult of celebrity can be.

TJ

The best thing about the incident was how the audience cheered as Jarvis ran up the runway toward the stage, clearly believing he was part of the Jackson act...!

Tetsuo: Ironmonger

Decent version here. The bit where the fella chases Jarvis round the stage is great.

One of my pals is an MJ acolyte, and I remember chatting to her on the phone during the recent trial, and it was astonishing how just the notion of him having potentially done naughty things with minors was simply out of the question in her mind, as if he had ascended to some level of sanctity which put him beyond sin and crime. She said she 'just knew in her heart of hearts'. Blegh.

Any time I see any User comments, whwther it's on Guardian webpages linked to from here or YouTube or fucking practically anything apart from this place and one mixtape forum I go to, I just start to grit my teeth. There honestly should be a ban on halfwit cunt-faced piles of pink slop leaving their received opinons and indefensible idolatry. I wish I could break all their backs with a giant piece of ham, plonk them in comfy chairs and leave them in the hands of an infinitely patient reasoned thinker to tear apart their pathetic mis-thoughts until they finally broke down and sobbed 'Yes, yes, we got it all so fucking wrong...Pritt-Stick our backs together again and we'll never do it again'.

Under 18s should not be allowed online unassisted either, this might help.

Harry Coal

Does Jarvis actually get his bum out?  I always thought he did but I couldn't see it in the video.

Quote from: "Harry Coal"Does Jarvis actually get his bum out?  I always thought he did but I couldn't see it in the video.

Don't think he does, he kind of just half bends over and wafts his hands out behind his arse as if to spread the aroma of a fart. Still, you can't fault Jacko's professionalism, he remains note perfect throughout the whole performance.

alexl

Quality video.  I remember seeing it first time around - when the Brits were worth watching cos shit like that happened.  Anyone got a link  to the chumbawumba at the Brit awards were they threw water over John Prescott?

alexl

Quality video.  I remember seeing it first time around - when the Brits were worth watching cos shit like that happened.  Anyone got a link  to the chumbawumba at the Brit awards were they threw water over John Prescott?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

No, can't find it, but here's The KLF and Extreme Noise Terror playing at the Brit Awards.