Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:02:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gig 'whores

Started by actwithoutwords, April 18, 2007, 09:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Alabama 3 tonight. Ah yeah!

Hope they don't play too much off the wank new album, though.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 14, 2010, 10:03:16 AM
Two weeks ago I saw Cathedral supported by Church Of Misery. The support was blinding (they were who I paid to see in all honesty; I'd never even heard Cathedral before). Japanese doom/psych/blues with songs solely themed on serial killers, yes! Awesome stage presence from a frontman constantly making slow sweeping space-hippie hand movements with his big moustache, long hair and denim flares... Yes, they were ace! But...

Did you manage to get a load of Gates of Slumber, the second support?  Almost went up just for them, I love their live shows.

alan nagsworth

Sadly I didn't. Bloody women faffing around (no offence chicken licken) mean that we missed them. And now I regret it, so thank you very much! :P

dmillburn

Busy (and bloody expensive) couple of weeks coming up for me for gigs - at the moment I've got Chrome Hoof & Bo Ningen next week, Acid Mothers Temple & Stearica followed by Slayer the following week then DJ Cash Money followed by Einstellung & Dead Meadow as well as Future Of The Left the week after that. It's always the way that everything seems to happen at once.

easytarget

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 14, 2010, 10:03:16 AM

Cathedral were about four minutes of piss drivel before we walked out.
I've heard rumours that after their first album they were never quite up to standard, but fucking hell!

That's a shame. Their first three records are great, especially The Carnival Bizarre. I saw them a week after it came out and it was one of the best shows I'd ever been to.

So my advice is to see them in 1995.