Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:59:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where's "Up Your Arts" gone?

Started by Beagle 2, April 18, 2007, 11:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Is this something to do with that daft murderer play idea * or has my CaB broked?

*I did fear that what with the surreal "live as it happens on the internet" nature of it all that somebody had shut it in case of "SICK CHRIS MORRIS SITE POKES FUN AT MASSACRE" unwanted attention type stuff, paranoid bastard I am.

Marv Orange

Got merged with this forum, probably because its been on life support for the last year.

Beagle 2

Ooh yeah, wierd. Was there an announcement I totally missed then? Aye, probably for the best really. Sad to see it go though.

sproggy

emo_bliss

Now the Old Posts board has vanished too. Is Neil taking them out one by one? OH THE HUMANITY, WHERE WILL WE GO etc

DocDaneeka

Well thats a bit shit isn't it? I don't see what was wrong with Up Your Arts only having a few posts a day, it's better than wading through the b3ta board with it's woo yays. I can only see there being even less mongs posted here.

Artemis

Some kind of explanation would be nice, it's true.

Neil

Sigh, I'm not exactly feeling very chatty at the mo.  OK: It was dead!  And I don't think the moderator is around anymore.  If photoshops and general creative stuff starts getting posted in here again - and is plentiful enough to warrant it - then I'll bring it back.  No probs.  Didn't think anyone would miss it to be honest.  I also think a spell without it, and it's subsequent return, would make it more active.  I know what I'm doing.

Can someone do me a favour and post "Gluttony is also a sin" on this YouTube video please?  He's blocked me from commenting after I had a go at him on this one I found when watching Fred Phelps stuff.  Oddly though I got a message from a different user helpfully letting me know that "fags burn in hell", despite him not allowing either of my two comments through.  Intolerant jumper-wearing cunt.

"sodomites, paedophiles, feminists, murderers."

FEMINISTS?!

EDIT:  Also, good on GB for bringing the fun back to the forums, keep it up you shits.

Marvin

Haha, done and I mean done. Doubt he'll approve it but it made me laugh enough to give it a go. I watched a few of his videos awhile ago, he's truly awful. Neil, just a headsup, Apples in Stereo are playing Dublin on 17th May. I realise that's miles away from you but thought I'd let you know anyway.

Small Man Big Horse

Just did that Neil, though it said it wouldn't appear till it had been approved.

Edit: I've just listened to this cunt. Christ, if I'd know what his beliefs were, I'd have worded it a far stronger reply!

"Anus lust" did make me giggle childishly though, I've never heard anyone use that description before.

BadLieutenant

"Anus lust..."

"Sodo-matriarchal model..."

Marv Orange

Quote from: "Neil"Sigh, I'm not exactly feeling very chatty at the mo.  OK: It was dead!  And I don't think the moderator is around anymore.  If photoshops and general creative stuff starts getting posted in here again - and is plentiful enough to warrant it - then I'll bring it back.  No probs.  Didn't think anyone would miss it to be honest.  I also think a spell without it, and it's subsequent return, would make it more active.  I know what I'm doing.

Can someone do me a favour and post "Gluttony is also a sin" on this YouTube video please?  He's blocked me from commenting after I had a go at him on this one I found when watching Fred Phelps stuff.  Oddly though I got a message from a different user helpfully letting me know that "fags burn in hell", despite him not allowing either of my two comments through.  Intolerant jumper-wearing cunt.

"sodomites, paedophiles, feminists, murderers."

FEMINISTS?!

EDIT:  Also, good on GB for bringing the fun back to the forums, keep it up you shits.

Neil

Thanks X 3!  Hopefully he'll have to respond to that as I left out the temptation to again call him an intolerant bell-end.  And I'm not just being snide, I do wonder how he'll defend his apparent gluttony when he considers feminism and homosexuality to be on the same level as murder and paedophilia.  Nice parody of Phelps:

Beck

It was nice to know Phelps saw that and got all riled up again; here he is sticking Stewart and Colbert on his hatelist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e647x8xFKTs

Dusty Gozongas

Oh dear. He's like the other David Icke who really let himself go.

Artemis

I've posted a witty little retort to him too. Hehehe.  Edit: I've now watched two or three of his videos and what a vile creature he is.

No probs re: UYA, Neil. And I agree, GB has improved things immeasurably.

Neville Chamberlain

I can just imagine Neil donning his jackboots as he culls forums to the strains of Horst Wessel.

What a fascist!

Jemble Fred

Well it would be cunty to complain of course, and if I can do my bit to beef up the creative side and bring it back, then I shall try!

The only thing is â€" Stereo Excursions really does seem especially incongruous now. Comedy Forum/General Discussion/...Music??? It just seems that if any forum would do best to be mixed in with General Discussion, alongside TV reviews and the like, it's SE. Certainly, it just seems less in need of a separate place than monging/creative threads.

Just a personal take on the situation, anyway â€" thinking out loud.

Santa's Boyfriend

It's a shame, but I've got to support Neil's decision to take down Up Your Arts.  It used to be a really vibrant part of the board 4 years ago or so, but had been on life support for a long time.  I assume this means that if you want to post images, you do it here - and to be honest more people will see the images here and are more likely to respond to them etc.  I'm hoping this will kick-start the whole thing again.

TJ

Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"and to be honest more people will see the images here and are more likely to respond to them etc.  I'm hoping this will kick-start the whole thing again.

This also has some merit re: Jem's suggestion of moving Stereo Excursions. Some good threads just splutter and keel over on there.

Quote from: "Marv Orange"Got merged with this forum, probably because its been on life support for the last year.

That answers my question.  Ta.

Next question:  Is emo bliss trying to draw attention to us by providing a link to the whole of the leaked Tori Amos album?!

Evil Knevil

Quote from: "TJ"
Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"and to be honest more people will see the images here and are more likely to respond to them etc.  I'm hoping this will kick-start the whole thing again.

This also has some merit re: Jem's suggestion of moving Stereo Excursions. Some good threads just splutter and keel over on there.

I think we should be more worried about how quiet General Discussion is getting. It's quite ambigious where some threads should go, especially about politics and so-on. I'm not sure I favour the present set-up, although I agree that Up Your Arts needed killing off.

edit: I still think that Comedy Chat should be renamed the Chuckle Reich again. It's by far the best name for it.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: "Evil Knevil"I still think that Comedy Chat should be renamed the Chuckle Reich again. It's by far the best name for it.

Seconded!

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

JUST STOP COMPLAINING AND POST SOME MONGS

Analrapist

AND BEFORE SOME SMART ALEC DOES IT, HE DOESN'T MEAN JOEY DEACON AND BESIDES THAT'S REALLY OFFENSIVE IT'S NOT THE SEVENTIES ANYMORE YOU CUNTS

EDIT: HANG ON JOEY DEACON WAS IN THE EIGHTIES WASN'T IT?

gazzyk1ns

If you don't know then you quite clearly don't care

Jemble Fred

Certainly, while the forums are mixed, each 'creative' thread will need a UYA prefix so it's clear that it's a monging/cut-up etc thread, otherwise they could just die.

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"JUST STOP COMPLAINING AND POST SOME MONGS

NO-ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FUCKING PICTURES!
(Nobody seems to say that anymore, do they?)