Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:03:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your favourite song

Started by Banana Woofwoof, April 19, 2007, 04:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If it came down to it, could you pick a favourite song?

I've thought long and hard and mine is "Red Sleeping Beauty" by McCarthy.  There. it's written forever now.

buttgammon

That's almost impossible to think of because it changes every day, but today my favourite song in the whole world ever is "I Know It's Over" by The Smiths. Yeah, I guess that is my favourite song but there are loads which come very close.

duckorange

Two days ago it was Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness.

However, I'm having an Echo and the Bunnymen day today, so I couldn't possibly comment.

I always, somehow, get back to Barney...And Me! by The Boo Radleys, mind you. It's the "Faye Dunaway" and the killer play-out every time.

Buck Naked

Right now it's 'You Got Me' by The Roots - the version they did on Dave Chapelle's 'Block Party' featuring Jill Scott & Erykah Badu. An awesome rendition and a collaboration of some truly exceptional artists.

RHX

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

Emma Raducanu

Even though it's actually not a  very good song, I always get nostalgic over Gravenhurst's Diane.

mook

For me its got be Amos Moses by Jerry Reed, mainly because it made my dear old Grandad laugh whenever I tried to play it. I've looked all over YouTube for the Jerry Reed original but I've had no luck. Shame really 'cos it's a great song. The closest I've got is this.

Melody Lee

It's always so difficult to pin anything down when I try to think of my favorite song. There are songs that are always on my mp3 player, always in my 'various stuff' folder and always on a disk of stuff for a party or something, but they aren't necessarily my favorites ever.

Perhaps, at the moment I could go ahead and say... feck. I don't know! :)

The one song that 'feels' like me is perhaps 'No Gold' by Cardiacs. It's 'feel' is like how I feel inside. So vague, but it's like how I am to myself. Not happy or sad, but everything I am collected together. Very hard to explain, but I'd have that played at my funeral.

Or 'Here I Go' by Syd Barrett or 'In Persuit Of Happiness' by The Divine Comedy.

-

Cack Hen

Waterloo Sunset. Holland 1945 second (for now)

Sam

Northern Sky - Nick Drake

Small Man Big Horse

12 Reasons Why by My Life Story. It's by no means the greatest song I've ever heard, but for various mostly personal reasons I absolutely love it to pieces.

Wake Up by Arcade Fire would come a close second though, probably followed by In To My Arms by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in third.

ccbaxter

"Moments" by The Kinks, or "The Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the Frog. I can whittle it down no further.

A Passing Turk Slipper

We had this thread in the music forum really recently started by Neil I think, very interesting thread. I picked Shut Us Down by Camper Van Beethoven and I think I'd still stand by that but it is so hard to just commit yourself to one.

thewomb

Tindersticks - Travelling Light

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

foxprorawks

I'm a fan of The Beatles, ELO, The Eagles, Kanye West, Shakira, David Bowie, Steely Dan and especially Elvis Costello (amongst many others).

And yet, my favourite song is More Than a Feeling by Boston.  From the moment I first heard it.  And I can't explain why.

tuba

Mine's probably La Javanaise by Serge Gainsbourg- a beautiful, magical pop song.

BJB

If i was being hung over a cliff i'd probobly say

"Gorillaz-tomorrow comes today

or

Ricrad o brian-science fiction double feature.

Sorroy it has to come down to two. What are you doing with that kinfe? Stop cutting th- AGHHHHHHHHH!"

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Let it Loose by The Rolling Stones.

Brunette Romana 2

Um, Blue by Joni Mitchell I think. There are plenty of songs that make me all shivery, but that's just the pinicle of  goosepimply-ness, oooh.

Brunette Romana 2

Um, Blue by Joni Mitchell I think. There are plenty of songs that make me all shivery, but that's just the pinicle of  goosepimply-ness, oooh.

D'oh! Trigger happy mouse button!

'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' by The Beatles is probably my all time favourite. Closely followed by 'A Day In The Life'.
Oi loiks the Beatles, oi do.

Kazuo Kiriyama