Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:03:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm new here ..

Started by GoochDogHigh5s, March 28, 2004, 05:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoochDogHigh5s

....although I have been on the Cabal for a couple of years.I know that this forum is mainly UK comedy especially Coogan/Morris etc, but does anyone else apprciate The Family Guy?

Hairy Chin

As far as I'm concerned, Family Guy is one of the best animated shows ever! My ex introduced me to it and I got hooked.

For some reason though, Sky One decided to start showing them around 3 on Sunday afternoons, and then editing them. One that sticks in my mind is when Stewie is trying to teach the English girl to pronounce words properly, and she bends over to pick a coin off the ground and Stewie sees her knickers/nappy and sighs. That whole thing was cut - it was just a funny moment and didn't really need to be cut. If it was someone other than a baby sighing, then fair point, but it just pissed me off. If they don't think it's suitable for a 3PM airing, then don't show it in that timeslot. It's not a cartoon for kids so why show it when they can see it and then edit it?

I'm really looking forward to the new series though, hopefully it'll be as good as the previous series' have been.

Dirty Boy

Having bought and enjoyed the full three series boxset recently i can only concur that Family Guy is sphincter tighteningly great.Better than the Simpsons in fact.I think it's got a good mix and subtle humour and jizz and poop references and i'd assume most folk round here love it .I'd imagine there's probably already a thread on it somewhere

VorpalSword

i saw a few episodes of series one a few years ago, and am considering buying a box set   but only have enough money for one box set, which series should i buy?

Darrell

Quote from: "VorpalSword"i saw a few episodes of series one a few years ago, and am considering buying a box set   but only have enough money for one box set, which series should i buy?

Save up your cash and buy the full boxset. You'll never get the extras otherwise.

VorpalSword

an the single versions? well forgive me for being american but; what a rip!

It Was Cancer

Welcome!

And yes, I think Family is one of the things to come out of America since syphillus.

Rats

Does anyone else sing "he's a fam-il-iar guy, I'm sure I've seen him beee-foooore" over the theme tune? Just me again.

Jaffa The Cake

Best animated series ever. Probably because it ended during its peak.

It's being brought back due to DVD sales, let's hope the 4th series doesn't ruin the quality of the show overall.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "VorpalSword"i saw a few episodes of series one a few years ago, and am considering buying a box set   but only have enough money for one box set, which series should i buy?

Get them off Play.com now...£10.99 EACH!

I've ordered Series 2 and 3 and they should be here this week.

http://playcom.at/cookdandbombd?DURL=http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=search&adudisc=y

Rev

One of the best comedy shows of recent years, full stop.  I'm looking forward to the resurrection, myself...  it's back by popular demand, and how bloody confident will they be when they return?  I can picture the entire crew and cast swanning around Fox's offices in pimp hats and fur coats, telling the executives exactly how this shit's gonna be goin' down.

Hairy Chin

Damn straight.

Anybody else want to try and crowbar 'pimpmobile' in here? Although I think I just have.

Hairy Chin

Quote from: "Rats"Does anyone else sing "he's a fam-il-iar guy, I'm sure I've seen him beee-foooore" over the theme tune? Just me again.

What part of the theme do you do your star turn over? Or do you stretch it out really loudly over the whole thing?

Rats

Dirty Boy

You'll no doubt be pleased to learn that (imo) the series get progressively better and better, so you should pick up series three.Or at least until you get the cash for the rest.You also get three discs of it instead of two

Edit: here's t'other FG fred
http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=989&highlight=family+guy&sid=43d60e342ff13cbfcfb1dae4ea3afeff

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "Rats"Right at the end
http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/familyguy.mp3
I'm not proud of it
It's been a while since I missed the straight-faced smiley this much.

Stewie has a pasty for a head, so Family Guy is well received rouwnd'ere boy.

Rats

Cringe all you like almond head. You'd never understand, this is on a higher plane than you could ever hope to reach.

GoochDogHigh5s

Glad to see i'm not alone.

As Tokyo Sexwhale said, get them from www.play.com, there is a special promotion at the moment.

It gets more risque by the third season.
I reckon that each show was cut to about 15 minutes by the time they were shown on US TV (unless HBO got hold of them)

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"

Get them off Play.com now...£10.99 EACH!

I've ordered Series 2 and 3 and they should be here this week.

http://playcom.at/cookdandbombd?DURL=http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=search&adudisc=y

I got Series 2 this morning, although not Series 3 for some reason.  Anyway, it looks kosher - it doesn't have anything on it that would indicate it is anything other than a genuine Family Guy DVD.

I haven't played it yet though.

GoochDogHigh5s

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"

I

I got Series 2 this morning, although not Series 3 for some reason.  Anyway, it looks kosher - it doesn't have anything on it that would indicate it is anything other than a genuine Family Guy DVD.

I haven't played it yet though.

They should be fine, I was a bit woriied that they were so cheap, but I got Futurama (promotional version) from Play and it is fine

Hairy Chin

Quote from: "Rats"Right at the end
http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/familyguy.mp3
I'm not proud of it

Ah man thats daft! Giggled probably louder than I should have allowed myself at nearly 2AM. I do like that.

As it goes, that's where I imagined it to have been sung, except 'i'm sure i've seen him before!' said at a higher pitch. Although I wasn't expecting the 'thankyou very mucccchh'.

Aah, that tickled my chuckle muscle that. Cheers.

VorpalSword

Quote from: "Rats"Does anyone else sing "he's a fam-il-iar guy, I'm sure I've seen him beee-foooore" over the theme tune? Just me again.

Well, I got the series three boxset(brilliant btw, loved the Margot Kidder thing) and came up with my own theme tune lyrics, please don't judge me.

Its seems today,
that all you see,
is movie stars in movies,
and shows on tv,
but where are those good old fashioned theaters,
on which we used to rely?
lucky there's an opera nearby,
lucky there's a place where,
curtain pullers don't care,
and characters with weird hair,
sing then die,
so don't,