Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:04:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do I need to clean my room?

Started by Cack Hen, April 20, 2007, 01:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Beaner

AND another thing... do you sleep on those keyboards?!

JesusAndYourBush

Captain Crunch

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"Fucking hell, for what it's worth (very little) I sure as hell would not let you pork me in that room (cesspit).

I'm sure there's an argument in there somewhere about a messy room being a more encouraging sign of virility than living in a photoshoot for IKEA...?

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: "JesusAndYourBush"Well spotted!
Hehe, superb. I bet Cack Hen didn't expect such close scrutiny of his picture. Let that be a lesson to all intending to post up personal stuff.

So, CH, tell us more about those yummy Yorkshire puddings, you champion pie-eater!

Cack Hen

Okay, so a few things to clear up (not literally, of course)

The ladder is there because I was getting things down off the shelf the other day. I genuinely just didn't bother putting it back, but I will admit it probably was what made me think of taking a picture.

The keyboards are just temporary, I moved them last night. I'm not an animal!

Yes, that's an Aunt Bessie's certificate, I'm a fully fledged member of the club. As of yet there have been no rewards out of being a member but...I live in hope.

I've never had a girl back there. But the inclusion of a ladder and seven keyboards could convince her that I'm not so much a complete and utter tramp, but that I'm an avant garde artist. Which....could...be...sexy?

Lady Beaner

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"
Quote from: "Lady Beaner"Fucking hell, for what it's worth (very little) I sure as hell would not let you pork me in that room (cesspit).

I'm sure there's an argument in there somewhere about a messy room being a more encouraging sign of virility than living in a photoshoot for IKEA...?

I'd rather have the clap than eColi.

Marv Orange

Quote from: "Lady Beaner"
Quote from: "Captain Crunch"

I'd rather have the clap than eColi.

What kind of furniture do they do?

Captain Crunch

Effeminate dressers apparently.

Notlob

Who are you calling an effeminate dresser? *giggles*

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "Cack Hen"The ladder is there because I was getting things down off the shelf the other day.
The shelf doesn't look that high.  Are you a dwarf?

Cack Hen

The shelf is very high, you can't even see it.

Vaguely Phallic

Please would you just put the ladder away (even if only under the bed), clear up the CDs/DVDs which are face down accumulating scratches as we speak, show some respect for the guitar by getting a cheap stand for it, put the chair where the ladder is (after step 1), get rid of the crisp packet in what should be a food-free zone, sort out all the papers and file them, lose the fan it just looks terrible, clear the clutter on the desk but you can leave ONE of the keyboards if you like. Please would you just post an after picture because to be honest I'm finding it all a bit stressful (well considering it's not my mess), I know I don't live there but you started it. I'm not going to moan about the blind or style but the rest of it there's no excuse and I may label you as unkempt.
Edit: I have now labelled you as unkempt but this can be corrected.

Analrapist

Cack Hen

I'm gonna tidy it! Don't worry there'll be an after picture.

Vaguely Phallic

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: "Vaguely Phallic"Thanks mate
Just think about how right now there could be similar antics, oh, 1% of all households? 200,000 bedrooms in the same state.

Have to admit that I am little better though it is restricted to clothes, I draw the line at crisp packet mini-rugs.

duckorange

Quote from: "Cack Hen"Yes, that's an Aunt Bessie's certificate, I'm a fully fledged member of the club. As of yet there have been no rewards out of being a member but...I live in hope.

She's slowly working through the membership towards you.

One evening you'll get a knock at the door, and there'll be a slightly tipsy and familiar-looking woman of mature years offering you a look at her dumplings.

Grabbing the ladder, you might want so say "Sorry, I'm only the window cleaner" before making your escape.

This will happen. It will.

wherearethespoons

Quote from: "Cack Hen"Okay, so a few things to clear up (not literally, of course)

The ladder is there because I was getting things down off the shelf the other day. I genuinely just didn't bother putting it back, but I will admit it probably was what made me think of taking a picture.

The keyboards are just temporary, I moved them last night. I'm not an animal!

Yes, that's an Aunt Bessie's certificate, I'm a fully fledged member of the club. As of yet there have been no rewards out of being a member but...I live in hope.

I've never had a girl back there. But the inclusion of a ladder and seven keyboards could convince her that I'm not so much a complete and utter tramp, but that I'm an avant garde artist. Which....could...be...sexy?

All that doesn't explain your hair, you girl.

Vaguely Phallic

Hey Cack Hen, I haven't PM'd you because I don't want you to think I'm not going to leave you alone about this. But I think you said you'd sort it in the next couple of days? Apologies if you didn't, I delete my messages soon as I've read them (hey, never said I had a system).

I ain't really bothered about this, but maybe Neil could remove this thread until you put up an after picture, if you don't mind? Seeing as that's not really done though I can probably just keep this page untabbed.

Quote from: "Uncle TechTip"Just think about how right now there could be similar antics, oh, 1% of all households? 200,000 bedrooms in the same state.
You're not going to get me like that. I can't see them! And even if I could, through some magic crystal cleaning ball, I can't very well march into their houses and start cleaning them! So don't bother posting pictures of messiness, it won't work, I'll save you the time. But this room's different. If I tried to explain I'd only sink myself further into shame.

PS Since I'm able to acknowledge this may sound a tad psycho that must mean I'm not! (Or I've got 50% of the way to go.)

Cack Hen

Yeah, I haven't had a chance yet. Is this a big issue? I mean I asked you if you had OCD and you said no, but I guess it could be plenty of other things  (common neurosis eg)

Honestly, if it is bothering you in a bad way just say, It'll give me an excuse to get on with it.

Uncle TechTip

haha, just GIS "tidy bedroom" and both parties will be satisfied.

Vaguely Phallic

Nah I've decided the problem is me and I've got to do something about it, so please DON'T tidy the room! And I'm going to stop tidying up after my housemate, etc., too. I'm gonna be a new me!*

*contains 5% new material

My dad is neatly messy. He stacks his Rizzla filter boxes on his wardrobe. He must have thousands now. He also has five televisions. Four are stacked together - one works. He has probably over a tonne of Sunday Times newspapers on the floor. There is an element of structure to his hoarding that is missing or subtly hidden in your sty. Try calling Festers Anonymous. They're in the book (under the yield sign).

Cack Hen

mothman

From

to

But is it the same room?

buntyman

Now lets see the picture of the other room that you've chucked your computer, keyboards, cds, guitar, junk and ladder in. Problems like that don't just go away.

mook

Nevermind the tidy-ish room, what the fuck have you done to your blinds. You've totally muntered them up a treat in the cleaning process.

surreal

maybe its an easy version of one of those "spot the difference" competitions...?

Amazing what you can do with Photoshop, innit?

Murdo

I want to know how long it took? (I'm very sad)

Cack Hen

The blinds are just fucked anyway, they're tangled and need getting rid of, really.

It actually took me about 5 hours altogether, but you have to remember you can only see half the room from that shot and you can't even see all the mess.