Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:56:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Help me redesign the site, please

Started by Neil, April 21, 2007, 05:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "Janek's Little Black Box"Incidentally, I've sometimes seen people link to posts and when you click the link the specific post appears at the top of your browser page, how do you do that?
Rightclick and copy the link to the left of the word "Posted" in each post.  It's marked by a (or a , the little bugger just changed colour after I posted).  (At least it is on VWClassic).

Neil

Can you lost think of a way to tart up these menu boxes?

The top and bottom is fine, it's the text links that I'm on about.  Currently they will highlight when you mouseover (as you can see with the mailing lists one), but they don't look that great.  Maybe switching them for graphics or something would be best?  I dunno, any ideas?

Marv Orange

A nicer font would help giving the link names a crisper look.

quadraspazzed

Or just bold them (I'm a fan of verdana).

weirdbeard

Ooooh.  (Sign out for a surprise).

Neil

Oops, I forgot to turn it back :-D  It's not ready yet, but you can see it by changing profiles, although it looks WAY better now after the stuff I've spent all today and yesterdaydoing.  Still not quite finished yet though, plus 9 is making a new logo hopefully.  

Then I have to start rewriting and tarting up VW Classic and letsplit...bugger.  Really enjoyed all the php side of it though.

blue jammer

Bin phpBB and install http://www.vbulletin.com

You'll never look back and it'll make all the updates and hacks so much easier than all that faffing about.