Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:44:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alec Baldwin's answer machine rant.....!!

Started by Sadness, April 21, 2007, 06:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadness

At first I took great offence at this because he says some terrible things about Ireland.....then I remembered that that's the name of his daughter (ba-doom-tish).

There'll be no pocket money for Scary Eire after chubby Baldwin hops on that plane.....enjoy!!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-420alecbaldwin,0,4979998.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Why I Hate Tables

Glengarry Glen Ross springs immediately to mind. If you think that's bad though, Al Pacino can't get served at the post office.

Alec Baldwin is a strange, strange man, flying in for that reason alone. One thing I want to know:
Has she made her decision for Christ?

Glengarry gags over though, why is this tape even released? I'm with Baldwin on this one, I'm sure a lot of people have left answerphone messages very similar and they're not known worldwide. How would a tape like that become leaked though? Some kind of George Costanza theft?

Jemble Fred

Yes, because no parent ever speaks harshly to their kids over their entire lifespan, do they? It's not as if he called her a cunt or anything. And perhaps she is one.

Buck Naked

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Yes, because no parent ever speaks harshly to their kids over their entire lifespan, do they? It's not as if he called her a cunt or anything. And perhaps she is one.
There's speaking harshly to your kids, then there's telling your own flesh and blood you don't care how old they are, they're a pig. The first could be deemed discipline, the second is abuse.

Baldwin's a deranged lunatic. I had a friend once who worked in Johnny Rockets (fast food take out) in Los Angeles and Baldwin came in and attempted to convert him to the Lord. My mate was polite and accommodating towards him but apparently that wasn't enough, so Baldwin told him he'd be "praying for his soul".

Jemble Fred

Calling your kid a pig is abuse? Don't be ridiculous, you can't mean that. Admittedly your second paragraph does suggest AB is a pretty shitty being, but describing calling a son or daughter a 'pig' as ABUSE is dangerously insane. Calling them a bastard isn't abuse, when kids reach a certain age at least.

Abusing them is abuse. Not just calling them a bloody name.

Ah, unless you mean it's abuse with a tiny 'a' in which case then yes, it would be healthy run of the mill mild abuse, literally speaking. But it's certainly not something even vaguely deserving of censure.

"Won't somebody think of the children? Quick, before he calls her a cow as well!!!"

Buck Naked

Oh come on, I obviously wasn't equating it to sexual molestation or anything on that level, but I do think that saying what he said is unnecessarily cruel and abusive (with a small 'a') - particularly considering he obviously did it in full knowledge of how old his daughter is and made reference to that fact. Have you never heard of verbal abuse? An innocent child caught in the middle of what is apparently quite a nasty custody battle being called a PIG by her own father is just cunt like behaviour no matter what way you slice it.

Jemble Fred

Just goes to show â€" 'abuse' is an incredibly loaded word to use.

I stil don't think 'pig' is though. 'Bitch' possibly. I mean, she's an 11-year-old Hollywood stars' daughter, it's not like goading a toddler into scrapping.

The point is, whether Baldwin's a cunt or not, this isn't an example of cuntery on any level, it's just a parent naturally letting off steam with an errant child.

Buck Naked

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"The point is, whether Baldwin's a cunt or not, this isn't an example of cuntery on any level, it's just a parent naturally letting off steam with an errant child.
What's made you think the child is errant? You have no idea what happened, and if you're going to make assumptions, you should do so in favour of the minor, not of the grown adult who's self-control still hasn't evolved beyond phoning up twelve year olds and calling them pigs. "Naturally letting off steam" is the most flimsy, ridiculous defence of the inexcusable I've heard in quite a while.

Jemble Fred

Well in the story I read she was breaking some kind of court agreement, as Basinger has done in the past, so she was errant. And the main point is somebody calling their kid a pig is not only not necessarily wrong, but it's not in any way anyone else's business. The whole story stinks.

But, sorry, I've just realised how mad it is to argue a point I care so little about. Fuck 'em all. I put the strength of my earlier outburst down to sunstroke. Bloody nasty it is too.

wheatgod

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"The point is, whether Baldwin's a cunt or not, this isn't an example of cuntery on any level, it's just a parent naturally letting off steam with an errant child.

If you think this is normal treatment of a child, God help you. Listen to the hate in the man's voice, its disgusting.
It isn't just the words, which are bad enough; its the way he says them.

Jemble Fred

Words spoken in haste though â€" surely what's really disgusting is capturing such an ugly, passing, private moment and broadcasting it to the world?

On principle, I mean â€" I have to admit I know nothing about Basinger & Baldwin beyond That Simpsons episode they were in. Perhaps The Simpsons could feature them in a follow-up episode.

Buck Naked

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Words spoken in haste though
They're not going to leave that child's mind as quickly as they left Baldwin's mouth though, are they.

Edit Here's the direct link to the mp3 for anyone yet to hear it. If my father spoke to me like that, I wouldn't switch my phone on either. It's quite funny to hear the automatic prompter  chipping in right at the end of the message though!

Jemble Fred

Well look I haven't listened to that, only read the news story (and I feel a bit sick with myself just for doing that), and I don't really want to. I don't deny it's a horrible thing to say, but the reaction seems a bit over the top.

The ultimate point as far as I'm concerned, besides this matter how genuinely harmful verbal abuse may be, is that this damn family problem shouldn't really be anyone's business but their own. It's obviously a pretty low piece of legal spin, and best held in contempt on all sides.

I'm confused as to what is so awful about this?  It looks like a Dad Rant at a daughter,  nothing more.  How did people get their hands on this recording anyway?