Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:43:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucked up

Started by Utter Shit, April 22, 2007, 10:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

So we're walking towards the pub today for the Chelsea game right, me and a couple of my housemates. Walking towards us but fairly in the distance is this ginger fella with his shirt off. We took the piss a bit, saying that pasty gingers shouldn't walk around with their shirts off, especially ones as skinny as this guy.

As we got a bit closer, I clocked his face and he was clearly off his head, completely blank expression. Didn't think much of it.

Then, as he was about ten feet in front of us, he got out a GREAT BIG FUCKING KNIFE, held it to his throat and SLICED HIS FUCKING THROAT WITH THE GREAT BIG FUCKING KNIFE. At this point we noticed all the other cut marks all over his body. Within seconds he had passed us...it took us a moment to even work out what was going on, let alone collect our thoughts and get onto the police.

A few minutes later we were walking back in the direction he had been walking (fucking pub wasn't showing Prem Plus games) and saw another group of our mates who looked a bit sick...we ran over to tell them what we had seen, but before we could, they told us their story of how just a moment earlier they'd picked up a massive knife off the floor, covered in blood.

Got on the phone to the police, and within ten minutes or so they'd tracked him down and got him in custody. According to the feds he was very clearly on drugs and possibly "mentally deranged" (the copper's words, not mine).

It was only a while after that it really sunk in...this nutter was literally seconds away from killing himself, possibly someone else. I can't say that I felt any real danger or feared for my life when he pulled the knife out, because as I said he only pulled it out seconds before he had passed us - but it's pretty fucked up knowing that a nutter with a huge knife was literally inches away from me when he was at his most dangerous and nutterish.

I doubt I'll ever forget it. The danger wasn't really a big thing but seeing him calmly hold the knife against his throat, almost as if he didn't even know he was doing it, was fucking terrifying. Absolutely no reaction on his face, he didn't even break his stride while pulling the knife out or slicing himself. Makes me feel sick even thinking about it.

Beagle 2

Blimey. It wasn't Sam on his first acid trip was it?

Artemis

Fucking hell that sounds horrible, no wonder you're shaken up by it. At least they've got him in a secure environment now so he won't be a danger to anyone (or himself).

Glebe

Shit, that's not a pleasant thing to experience.

quadraspazzed

That is indeed fucked up. Really fucked up.

(I actually thought it was going to be an elaborate joke with a killer punchline, but no).

Still Not George

Jesus H. Fucking Christ, dude. That's 'orrible.

MissInformed

Yes, yes but who won the match?

Utter Shit

It was a dull 0-0. I should probably point out that contrary to the timeline I've set out in the first post, I didn't check that the pub was showing the game before ringing the police!

InfiniteFury

A couple of weeks ago I was in Kingston and a bloke was walking in front of us listening to his walkman. I was absent-mindedly pretending to listen to the missus and I watched this bloke step blindly into the road to cross over and walk straight into the path of an upcoming car.

He went up in the air, flipped over and landed on his face. Of course we ran over to help him. He started to get up so we helped support him and his head was lolling all over the place until eventually he came around, looked straight at me and - just like a tap being switched on - blood just exploded out of his nose and wouldn't stop coming. Most of the skin on one side of his face had been taken off as well, presumably from the tire when he came down.

That was pretty fucked up and I dare say that'll pop up in my dreams from time to time.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I hope you stole his wallet.

InfiniteFury

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"I hope you stole his wallet.

I think the driver had clocked me by then sadly.

Space ghost

Quote from: "InfiniteFury"
Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"I hope you stole his wallet.

I think the driver had clocked me by then sadly.

You stole his car?

chocky909

Quote from: "InfiniteFury"A couple of weeks ago I was in Kingston and a bloke was walking in front of us listening to his walkman. I was absent-mindedly pretending to listen to the missus and I watched this bloke step blindly into the road to cross over and walk straight into the path of an upcoming car.

He went up in the air, flipped over and landed on his face. Of course we ran over to help him. He started to get up so we helped support him and his head was lolling all over the place until eventually he came around, looked straight at me and - just like a tap being switched on - blood just exploded out of his nose and wouldn't stop coming. Most of the skin on one side of his face had been taken off as well, presumably from the tire when he came down.

That was pretty fucked up and I dare say that'll pop up in my dreams from time to time.

That sounds extremely horrid. What happened to the guy?

That reminds me of one of the most disturbing bits of film I've seen. In The Talented Mr Ripley when Tom whacks Dicky with something heavy on the side of the face and there's a moment where they just stare at ech other in shock and then suddenly the blood just starts to violently seep from his face before he collapses.

Apart from the time I watched someone inject themselves with what was quite likely heroin in McDonalds, the most fucked up and/or shocking moment I can think of is a friend's - he's driving back to his place from mine one night when he comes upon a guy on the ground under a tree and two girls looking distraught. He gets out his car and goes up to this guy, who has a pool of blood under his head - it transpires that he had climbed the tree and fallen, presumably from quite high up. He calls an ambulance, wraps the guy in a blanket and then goes home when they arrive.

He drives past 2 days later and there are flowers tied to the tree. Fucked up.

Fucking christ.  Sorry you had to go through that.

Santa's Boyfriend

My mum's sister is ginger.  (She wanders around with her top on, thankfully.)

Huzzie

So this guy sliced his neck while he was walking past you, which you clearly saw. You then walked off to a pub, without any concern for this guy, not even a phone call to the police (feds??).

You then find out whatever it was you found out later and your reason for being shaken up and coming on here is that there was a man who had a knife quite near you?

You are shaken up that you could have been hurt, not that this lad was trying to kill himself or most probably desperately trying to get you and your mates to do something to stop him and help him!!

Am I missing something?

Huzzie

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"Fucking christ.  Sorry you had to go through that.

He DIDN'T go through it! The ginger guy went through it and no one bothered to help him or do anything about it!!

EDIT: And, yes, I can tell you without a seconds thought I would have done something about it either directly or indirectly and seeing as he had just cut his fucking throat in front of me, most probably directly, especially if I was with friends and yes, I can be absolutely sure about that because I just know and because I have had not too dissimilar situations out on the street before.

Marv Orange

Quote from: "Huzzie"So this guy sliced his neck while he was walking past you, which you clearly saw. You then walked off to a pub, without any concern for this guy, not even a phone call to the police (feds??).

You then find out whatever it was you found out later and your reason for being shaken up and coming on here is that there was a man who had a knife quite near you?

You are shaken up that you could have been hurt, not that this lad was trying to kill himself or most probably desperately trying to get you and your mates to do something to stop him and help him!!

Am I missing something?

His user name is Utter Shit for petes sake.

Victoria

Quote from: "Huzzie"
EDIT: And, yes, I can tell you without a seconds thought I would have done something about it either directly or indirectly and seeing as he had just cut his fucking throat in front of me, most probably directly, especially if I was with friends and yes, I can be absolutely sure about that because I just know and because I have had not too dissimilar situations out on the street before.

What exactly would you have done Superman?

Garam

One of my best mates found his older brother after he hung himself a couple weeks ago.

Can't imagine that image is too welcome in his dreams.

Huzzie

Quote from: "Victoria"

What exactly would you have done Superman?

Well I could spend ages being completely hypothetical here couldn't I but I would definitely done something!

The guys back is to us as he has just walked past, I am with however many friends (call it three). It really wouldn't have been very hard and I would be concerned that he would do it again to himself more than anything else.

I've been proactive in more worrying situations than this.

Anyway! Fuck all this Superman shite! The first thing I would have thought of doing would be to speak to the poor cunt!!

And even if I really didn't care about anyone elses safety but my own I am would have the presence of mind to call the police. Even if he had turned down a road and I couldn't be arsed running back to see exactly where he went.

So, what? You wouldn't have done anything? Lex Luthor?

Huzzie

Quote from: "Garam"One of my best mates found his older brother after he hung himself a couple weeks ago.

Can't imagine that image is too welcome in his dreams.

Uhmm it is horrible. I would suggest really finding out how to deal with that if I were you.

One of my best mates found his dad hanging a few years back. His life went progressively down hill from there with chronic and clinical depression and heavy, long term heroin abuse.

My uncle also found a young lad hanging in the trees round the back of his house. Turned out he owed money for drugs that he couldn't pay.

My uncle went from the strongest personality I knew to a person who literally couldn't get out of bed for a fortnight.

Thing is, no one knew how to deal with it. I hope your friend won't suffer so much, I'm sure he won't if the people around him arn't as ignorant as we were.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Huzzie"So this guy sliced his neck while he was walking past you, which you clearly saw. You then walked off to a pub, without any concern for this guy, not even a phone call to the police (feds??).
::
::
Am I missing something?
Yes.  And it would be this:
Quote from: "Utter Shit"I should probably point out that contrary to the timeline I've set out in the first post, I didn't check that the pub was showing the game before ringing the police!

Huzzie

Uhmm. OK. The time lines don't really add up for me but I'll give Mr Shit the benefit of the doubt and I apologise if I were wrong.

Thankyou for pointing out my mistake Sheep. (I think it would have been polite to have done so in private though, don't you?*)

*;-)

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Huzzie"(I think it would have been polite to have done so in private though, don't you?*)

*;-)
What, like you continually carried on going on about it in private, you mean?*

*;-)

Anyway, my Sentbox is 100% full (as is my Savebox), so I need to archive some stuff out before I go sending PMs to anybody, I owe enough people ones as it is...

How would you intervene though?  He might have slashed Utter Shit instead.  That kind of thing is so shocking that I guess an immediate reaction is freezing on the spot.

Cack Hen

Exactly. It's all very well saying you think you'd definitely be able to do something, but you can't judge somebody for not helping the guy. I'm pretty sure that freezing on the spot when somebody calmly splices their throat open is a normal reaction.

Still Not George

Quote from: "Garam"One of my best mates found his older brother after he hung himself a couple weeks ago.

One of the more jovial Comp Sci lecturers at Uni found a dead baby hidden behind a bush during an "outward bound" course we were all on. He took a couple of weeks off and was pretty much OK, but I don't think he ever really recovered.

Borboski

Haha, it does read as though they watched this chap slice his neck open, splurting blood and staggering off past them, and then went "cor... right, what are we drinking?!".