Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucked up

Started by Utter Shit, April 22, 2007, 10:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sproggy

Quote from: "Utter Shit"...this ginger fella with his shirt off.

So it wasn't Chris Evans having a sudden and violent bout of self awareness then.  Shame.

I take it this guy's dead then?  I have heard of throat slashers surviving though, I remember one story of a suicide victim who did the deed sitting down leant against a wall, became unconcious and his head slumped forward which stemmed the blood flow until Paramedics arrived on the scene.

Still, a pretty gruesome and messy way to do it really.

Marv Orange

Quote from: "sproglette"

So it wasn't Chris Evans having a sudden and violent bout of self awareness then.  Shame.

I take it this guy's dead then?  I have heard of throat slashers surviving though, I remember one story of a suicide victim who did the deed sitting down leant against a wall, became unconcious and his head slumped forward which stemmed the blood flow until Paramedics arrived on the scene.

Maybe it was Brtus Beefcake, wondered where he had been,

SetToStun

A bloke I know has a mate whose son was suffering from sever depression and topped himself in his bedroom with one of his dad's shotguns. Both barrels, from underneath the chin. Apparently, helping your best mate clear up his only son's blood and brains with sugar-soap for the best part of a week is all fucked up in a very major way.

Mister Six

Quote from: "Victoria"
Quote from: "Huzzie"
EDIT: And, yes, I can tell you without a seconds thought I would have done something about it either directly or indirectly and seeing as he had just cut his fucking throat in front of me, most probably directly, especially if I was with friends and yes, I can be absolutely sure about that because I just know and because I have had not too dissimilar situations out on the street before.

What exactly would you have done Superman?

Use a mobile phone to immediately alert the authorities to a highly dangerous (to himself, if not to anyone else) armed man walking down the street?

I wouldn't go to a fucking pub and watch the footy, that's for sure.

EDIT: stupid me. Must read entire thread in the future!

Santa's Boyfriend

It's a harsh thing to witness to be sure, but I think that Utter Shit lived up to his name in taunting this guy about being ginger - from the sound of it, this pushed him over the edge.  It's a hair and skin colour, for fucks sake.  Would you do the same to a black guy?

Neil

One time when I was in Glastonbury we got talking to these chaps who were camping next to as, as you usually do.  Nice Welsh fellows, although I'd seen them 'chasing the dragon' at one point, and that was the first time I'd ever seen anyone taking hard drugs. It was a bit weird, really, because you do all that stuff out in the open in Glastonbury, and so they seemed very blase about taking such a dangerous substance.  

As you know, the tents get packed very closely together as it starts to fill up.  So we were sitting outside our tent one night smoking pipes, really pleasant evening, I guess it was after the bands were over as it was dark, and we'd come back to the tents to chill out for a while.  We're sitting basically facing the tent of these guys who we'd been chatting with, and having a smoke with one of them - some of them weren't quite as sociable.  So as I say, it was a really pleasant Summer evening, although this was likely one of the very muddy years.  All of a sudden the serenity is punctured by - WOOF - their tent going up in flames and some really fucking nasty screaming and shrieking from inside it.  It was very very fucked up.  

There were two guys in the tent, and they had to get air-lifted out of the enclosure and taken to the nearest hospital.  The tent had evidently melted right into their flesh!  Some hours later I asked the other guy what happened, and he said they'd had been cooking food on one of those camping stoves.  I said something like 'why the fuck didn't they cook outside?' and he told me that the heroin left them feeling somewhat listless.

Utter Shit

Quote from: "sproglette"

No, he's not dead AFAIK. There was a lot of blood on him when I saw him and he had just cut his throat, but the place where my mates found the knife was only a few yards up from where I saw him so I suppose the cut I saw him make was his last before he threw the knife down...the police found him quite a way up the road (it's a long road) and the policeman mentioned them having him in custody, so even though he almost certainly would have needed hospital treatment I'm assuming they didn't find him half-dead in the street or they'd have taken him straight there before arresting him.

samadriel

Quote from: "InfiniteFury"Most of the skin on one side of his face had been taken off as well, presumably from the tire when he came down.
That's 'tyre', you bastard.
Quote from: "Santa's Boyfriend"My mum's sister is ginger.  (She wanders around with her top on, thankfully.)
I used to know a bloke who was ginger, back in highschool.  Crazy times.

Huzzie

I was only joking Sheepy. I didn't really expect you to tell me in private that I was wrong.

Still Not George

Quote from: "Neil"There were two guys in the tent, and they had to get air-lifted out of the enclosure and taken to the nearest hospital.  The tent had evidently melted right into their flesh!  
Yep, that's what happens with the plastic domes. Napalm has nothing on those fuckers once they go up.

clareQuilty

Was this in Brighton Utter Shit?

Utter Shit

Yep, Lewes Road near The Bear and Sainsburys. Bang goes my idea of Brighton being safer than Harrow, where I'm originally from...heh.

clareQuilty

Wow, that's (sort of) near my hood. Of course there are a lot of mentals in B-town. Have you seen the big  hairy ginger man in the pink tutu yet? He walks up and down London road looking like a heavy metal ballerina.

Neil

Doesn't seem to be much in the way of discussion to get one's teeth into this week, so I thought I'd bump this in the hope that others can share their stories of "fucked up" things they've seen and experienced.

Joy Nktonga

Just this afternoon I've learnt that my neighbours know both parties involved in a vicious axe attack here in Guildford (rival drug dealers, axe in head and chest, survivor won't press charges), and they know the fella it's taken the local plod seven years to catch after stabbing an old boy to death near a local pub. I feel that qualifies as "fucked up"!

hundred

Wait. You see a disturbed, drug addled, topless ginger man walking towards you, and seconds before he passes you, he pulls out a knife... and you felt no threat??!?!

Dang.

Artemis

Oooh, the things I've seen... here are just a couple...

1. Sitting directly behind a father and his daughter who couldn't have been more then about nine years old on a bus. The girl was clearly irritating the father who you could see getting red and huffing and puffing a bit  but not saying anything. All she was doing was trying to engage him in conversation though, telling him about her day, asking what he was doing etc. - the bus stopped, and the two got off. As it pulled away again, the man punched the girl full on in the face. It was one of the most distressing incidents I've ever seen and I felt  like stopping the bus and racing over to return the favour to the man. I also felt like bursting into tears. It was just horrible.

2. Also on a bus, about eight years ago, and possibly the thing that's most angered me in terms of situations I've personally witnessed: we're going from Manchester centre to the Trafford Centre where I was working at the time. Two lads are sitting on the back seat, both drunk (although it wasn't outwardly apparent) and both about 14 or so. The crowd on the bus sits silently as these two boys pick people out of the crowd and just start viciously insulting them; really horrible, personal insults. Then they start throwing stuff at people's heads and physically threatening them. No-one says a word because, well, we're British, aren't we. Someone sitting next to them eventually pipes up but they threaten to "snap his fucking neck" and despite a valiant effort, he quietens down. Everyone gets off at the Trafford centre, and an elderly man waits for them as they get off. He grabs one of them roughly, and a half empty bottle of some kind of spirit falls out of the boy's coat and smashes on the ground. The man raises his arm to lamp the boy, but just freezes, apparently unable to hit a child despite how bloody awful they were. It left me quite seriously shaken for several days, that one.

Moral of the story: learn to drive.

Oscar

WHAT! You watched a man punch a nine year old girl in the face and did NOTHING? And YOU were upset? YOU nearly burst into tears? Jesus fucking Christ.

non capisco

Artemis

Quote from: Oscar on June 02, 2007, 08:55:26 PM
WHAT! You watched a man punch a nine year old girl in the face and did NOTHING? And YOU were upset? YOU nearly burst into tears? Jesus fucking Christ.

By the time it had registered the bus was speeding down the street, and even if I had gotten up the second after it had happened, ran and demanded the bus be stopped, ran back down the road and caught up with the guy, it would undoubtedly result in another act of violence. The whole bus was disgusted, but it was just one of those situations that you witness but can't really do much about. What would you have done if you were there then, hero?

Oscar

QuoteIt was one of the most distressing incidents I've ever seen and I felt  like stopping the bus and racing over to return the favour to the man. I also felt like bursting into tears. It was just horrible.
That didn't imply an awful lot of concern for anything but your own distressed feelings. I don't know what I would have done, or what I could have done (in similar situations I usually wade in and do something, but that doesn't mean I do the right thing) but I'm fairly sure I wouldn't be thinking of my own feelings or my own desire to cry. I imagine I would have got the driver to stop the bus and people on the bus to have helped me get the bloke and call the police, but of course it's easier to imagine a perfect scenario, not so easy to carry one out.
Sorry if I over reacted and have misinterpreted how you felt or acted, but your post (both that incident and to some extent the one that followed it) seem absolutely wrong to me and if I behaved in the way your description suggests you behaved I would not be thinking "Oooh, the things I've seen" I'd be thinking "Here's the time I fucked up".

Artemis

Quote from: Oscar on June 02, 2007, 10:00:45 PM
That didn't imply an awful lot of concern for anything but your own distressed feelings.

Would you have preferred me to point out that it was a vile act and I was primarily concerned for the poor girl involved? Because to me, that's fucking obvious. Are you one of these people who likes others to say "in my opinion" at the end of every post as well? Come on, dude - some things are just givens. The reason I was so disturbed by it was because this child had just suffered. I shouldn't have to tack it on to my post just so you can be sure that my focus is right, for god's sake.

QuoteSorry if I over reacted and have misinterpreted how you felt or acted

To be honest, I think you've done just that. My own feelings weren't my primary thought when it happened, they were just an instinctive reaction. Mentioning them in my original post straight after describing what I've seen doesn't mean that was what I was immediately concerned about (my own witnessing of it) after it happened.

QuoteI imagine I would have got the driver to stop the bus and people on the bus to have helped me get the bloke and call the police

Bollocks would you. You'd have sat there shocked, concerned, upset and feeling like you really should do something but don't know what to do, then grimly accept the moment has gone to do anything, just like every single other person on that bus did.

I would have felt like shit, but I doubt I would have done a thing. I'm sure it was a surreal experience.

I advice people not to watch Caché.

chocky909

I'm thinking no one is going to want to post in this thread if they are going to be attacked for not being more proactive in the 'fucked up' situation they describe. How about a little less criticism? Or maybe you can regale us with some examples of your own heroics too show us how it should be done?

Oscar

Oh for God's sake. Like I said here
QuoteI don't know what I would have done, or what I could have done
and here
Quotebut of course it's easier to imagine a perfect scenario, not so easy to carry one out.
I understand that in a situation it isn't easy to do the right thing, or anything.
What bothered me was this
QuoteOooh, the things I've seen
Which sounded self important
and this,
QuoteI felt  like stopping the bus and racing over to return the favour to the man. I also felt like bursting into tears. It was just horrible.
which didn't suggest any attempt to do anything. And I still think at best that was badly phrased and I reacted to that phrasing.
And no I'm not going to give examples of my own heroics and can't think of any reason why I need to in order to say that I think someone is wrong, I am commenting on what's been said not entering a competition. I could join in the whiney-feely stroke-my-self-pity bollocks, but I won't, I'd rather call you all cunts and flounce off in a huff

Artemis

Didn't mean to sound self important. I thought the "oooh" sufficiently illustrated this. Also, this thread is about fucked up things that we've seen. I just added how I felt about it. You've jumped to the conclusion that this was my all consuming thought. It's not badly phrased, you just appear to have reached a conclusion that I am/was concerned about how I felt at the expense of caring about the victim (the girl) which is a silly thing to conclude and I'm not about to try to convince you that I actually really did care about the girl because I don't know you and therefore couldn't care less.

Christ alive. Let's draw a line, shall we?

Huzzie

Quote from: hundred on June 02, 2007, 07:57:10 PM
Wait. You see a disturbed, drug addled, topless ginger man walking towards you, and seconds before he passes you, he pulls out a knife... and you felt no threat??!?!

Dang.

"Dang"??

Neil

Yeah so anyway, any good stories, folks?

hundred

Quote from: Huzzie on June 03, 2007, 01:09:56 AM

"Dang"??

What?! A man can't pretend to be a southern gent from time to time?

Oscar

Quote from: Artemis on June 03, 2007, 01:09:01 AM
Christ alive. Let's draw a line, shall we?
Agreed. I'm sorry.